SX Pictures (Milestone) - Dec. 30 (Weimer, Short, Moss, Bell, etc)

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2014 6:08pm
Let's start with the Geico Honda track.

I only saw two riders practicing there: Zach Bell and another Geico 250F rider that didn't have numbers (or name on the jersey).

Zach Bell was looking good, and seems to be a nice kid.

He was hauling on this flat turn - sliding a little bit, while keeping a lot of momentum.

This turn preceded a dragon back and a section of whoops. Getting on the gas early was crucial for a smooth shot at the upcoming obstacles.

This 90 degree turn had difficult traction conditions.

This is the rider without #s or name on the jersey:

Maybe Bisceglia? Or one of their upcoming amateur riders...

Nice style for sure! But maybe a tad slower than Bell...

More pictures to come soon. On the next post we'll look at what was happening at the public SX track.
|
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 3:31pm
As I walked from the Geico track to the public SX track, they were just finishing watering it.

It was an interesting opportunity to walk the track without any riders around.

The berm right before the rhythm section was starting to rut up nicely.

To a lesser extent, some ruts also on the berm before the whoops section.

It looks like they made the whoops a little taller than they were a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of riders were having trouble there.

Pictures usually don't do justice to whoops, but here is a side view anyway. You can't really tell from the picture, but they were really starting to get cupped up.

The big double in the middle of the track is really nice. However, you have to jump veering to the right, and we get to see a lot of nice whips here.

Weimer was one of the first riders to enter the track after they watered it. Here's a preview of what's next:

Sully
12/30/2013 3:37pm
Bell showed last year that he can haul ass, he just needs to keep it off the ground. Hopefully his sophomore year is a better one for him.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/30/2013 3:39pm
I believe based on style and the leatt that is Wharton with no numbers.

The Shop

Bytor
12/30/2013 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2013 3:45pm
Thanks good shots.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 3:48pm
ML512 wrote:
I believe based on style and the leatt that is Wharton with no numbers.
ML512, that could be Wharton, especially if he got a haircut.

This guy seemed to have short hair.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 4:00pm
Right before the Milestone invitational I went there and took some pictures (http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/SX-pictures-pre-season-at…)

At that time, everybody seemed to be pushing hard and riding against the stopwatch.

Today the mood was different, with most riders looking like they just wanted to get some seat time, and make small adjustments before Anaheim.

This is Weimer seat-bouncing the two small tabletops at the center of the track:

I see #397 (Brandor Scharer maybe?) all the time at Milestone, and he is riding good! He was one of the brave souls that entered the track as it was still very slippery.

Valentin Teillet improved a LOT over the last couple of weeks. He appears to be getting the hang of the US tracks, and he did a lot of practice starts. Here he enters the first turn after the start, and you can see one of the triples in the background.

Weimer through the same turn:

Michael Leib is a hard charger, always on the gas. 2014 could be his year!

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 4:19pm
Another one of 397:

Matt Moss was there, on a Suzuki 450.

He has a peculiar riding style, sitting farther forward than most, and keeping his torso straight. He also looks BIG!

He also stands up very straight when jumping:

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 4:43pm
Leib about to enter the rhythm section (Is that DL Rocket in the background?)

Moss throwing some roost!

Teillet in the same turn:

Vince Friese:

Andrew Short about to enter the whoop section. Short and Weimer looked very similar on the track (I'm sure one of them, or both, would take offense to this comment...)

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
12/30/2013 4:50pm
Sweet pics! Thanks for posting.Cool

Good call on Wharton too... You can see his moustache.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 5:16pm
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Here's another one of the mystery Geico rider (Wharton?), now at the public track:

Short going down the start straight:

#330 - Alanis:

#655 (John Pauk?)

jleews6
12/30/2013 5:53pm
Nice pics. Thank you. That Honda rider could also be RJ Hampshire. That kid is going fast also.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
12/30/2013 6:21pm
How's Moss's speed you thinking?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/30/2013 7:13pm
BRZ wrote:
Let's start with the Geico Honda track. I only saw two riders practicing there: Zach Bell and another Geico 250F rider that didn't have numbers (or...

I only saw two riders practicing there: Zach Bell and another Geico 250F rider that didn't have numbers (or name on the jersey).

He was hauling on this flat turn - sliding a little bit, while keeping a lot of momentum.

This turn preceded a dragon back and a section of whoops. Getting on the gas early was crucial for a smooth shot at the upcoming obstacles.

More pictures to come soon. On the next post we'll look at what was happening at the public SX track.
BRZ, what was your F stop setting if you don't mind me asking?
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 9:00pm
22Ryann wrote:
How's Moss's speed you thinking?
22Ryann, Moss looks solid on the bike.

Since I was concentrated on taking photos, I didn't have a chance to check lap times, but I would bet that he isn't far behind 450 guys like Weimer and Short.

One thing to take into account is that the other riders are at this track all the time, while it looks like Moss hasn't been here that long. As a result, he doesn't look as relaxed as some of the other guys.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
12/30/2013 9:07pm
BRZ wrote:
Let's start with the Geico Honda track. I only saw two riders practicing there: Zach Bell and another Geico 250F rider that didn't have numbers (or...

kzizok wrote:
BRZ, what was your F stop setting if you don't mind me asking?
Kzizok, F stop between 4.0 and 5.6 for most of the shots.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/1/2014 6:08pm
BRZ, thanks for your response. Nice photos!

Post a reply to: SX Pictures (Milestone) - Dec. 30 (Weimer, Short, Moss, Bell, etc)

The Latest