STL area Sasquatch sighting

After a 25 year break, our local urban legend is back on the track and looking great!

https://instagram.com/p/BR0nlWzhNoz/
|
Mx286
3/19/2017 8:23am
I don't know the guy so correct me if I'm wrong here. I was told a story about this guy how he showed up to Loretta's one year out of no where and cleaned up the A class. Got a ride with factory Yamaha, then one night after the SX race he robbed a convienent store and fell off the map after that.

Like I said someone correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought it was a wild story.
3/19/2017 8:25am
That's part of the urban legend. Who knows if it is true. Either way, he's a super humble nice guy, and one hell of a rider!
RMT
3/20/2017 6:52am
Mx286 wrote:
I don't know the guy so correct me if I'm wrong here. I was told a story about this guy how he showed up to Loretta's...
I don't know the guy so correct me if I'm wrong here. I was told a story about this guy how he showed up to Loretta's one year out of no where and cleaned up the A class. Got a ride with factory Yamaha, then one night after the SX race he robbed a convienent store and fell off the map after that.

Like I said someone correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought it was a wild story.
No, that's not true. Billy had some issues that were actually quite a bit worse than that, but he didn't rob a store after a SX. I also wouldn't consider him coming out of nowhere, as he had a top 3 finish at LL on 80's. But, he was passed over by the time he was on big bikes for this or that reason so in that regard, I don't think the powers that be had an eye on him that year at LL. He didn't come from a money family so they did what they could to make races. I remember that old white dodge van his dad took him to the races in, that thing was pretty rough.

Sometimes life throws you curve and you swing and miss. But you cant just go sit down and not go up to bat again so its great to see Billy back at it. Now we just need Mark Tripp, all three Surdyke boys, all three Stahlman brothers and Randy Sheckell racing again and all in the STL will be right! Warrior Willis is still lining up waiting for them!

The Shop

RMT
3/20/2017 6:56am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 7:02am

I think he rode practice and the first moto with no gloves and then a gear company hooked him up. Im sure nobody gave him riding position tips but look at this pic. Elbows up, knees gripping the bike and ready to attack the upcoming corner. He was a natural.

Good luck Billy, hope you have fun back on the track and I hope to see you at LL this summer. There are a lot of us early 80's SLIR guys still around and wish you the best.
slipdog
3/20/2017 7:29am
I remember him killin' it in the A class at LL around '89ish.
Team Ideal
3/20/2017 10:34am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 10:35am
Billy rode the +25 class a couple weeks ago at Casey, pretty sure if he was in shape he would have won. I was watching and wondering who is this guy? then the announcer says his name and I'm like what the hell is he doing in +25 lol. dude doesn't look like he's lost any speed. no idea what class he's shooting for at LL but if he gets in shape I can see him taking home a title.

on a side note Derrick Roe is looking at starting to ride again soon. couple fast cats from back in the day back at it.
motomike894
3/27/2017 7:19am
Team Ideal wrote:
Billy rode the +25 class a couple weeks ago at Casey, pretty sure if he was in shape he would have won. I was watching and...
Billy rode the +25 class a couple weeks ago at Casey, pretty sure if he was in shape he would have won. I was watching and wondering who is this guy? then the announcer says his name and I'm like what the hell is he doing in +25 lol. dude doesn't look like he's lost any speed. no idea what class he's shooting for at LL but if he gets in shape I can see him taking home a title.

on a side note Derrick Roe is looking at starting to ride again soon. couple fast cats from back in the day back at it.
Derrick was a bad mfer he shows up periodically around here with a older yz while his jumping form could use work lol his cornering skills are insane still, least last time I saw him ride which was probably 2 years ago now.
6/5/2017 7:52am
He ended up second overall after going down in the first moto. Hee could win or at least podium for sure. I really want to make the trip out there to watch him.

Skerby
6/5/2017 8:09am
That track looks awesome!
Mx286
6/5/2017 8:51am
That first moto where him and Grewe were going at it was awesome! The dude still has it.
RhinoRider
6/5/2017 3:02pm
RMT wrote:
[img]https://rx.iscdn.net/2009/05/billy_fosnock_1989.jpg[/img] I think he rode practice and the first moto with no gloves and then a gear company hooked him up. Im sure nobody gave him...

I think he rode practice and the first moto with no gloves and then a gear company hooked him up. Im sure nobody gave him riding position tips but look at this pic. Elbows up, knees gripping the bike and ready to attack the upcoming corner. He was a natural.

Good luck Billy, hope you have fun back on the track and I hope to see you at LL this summer. There are a lot of us early 80's SLIR guys still around and wish you the best.
It was 1989 I think and He was there in the van and someones stock clapped practice bike.
He smoked the 250 A Class against all the known top names. No gloves, mismatched gear, whatever he had.

I remember it was Mike Guerra from Yamaha wasn't happy the bike looked so clapped so they hooked him up with some plastics and I believe it was GEAR gear that hooked him up with some duds.

whoever mentioned Mark Tripp, I heard he passed away quite a few years ago, I think while living in Texas.
Not sure what from.

I have stories for days and days. My Dad and his Dad got along well when we would run into each other at an odd race.
He got a little teary eyed when he heard Fast Fos was in some legal troubles. Both times that made RacerX.

We often talked that had he had some better opportunities come his way what would have happened. He didn't race often(Not really that much on Minis either I remember unless it was a qualifier for something), but when he showed up he didn't lose much.

Kenny Bollmeier was another fast dude from around St. Louis but he was quite a bit older. I remember in 1981 he had pre production '82 Liquid YZ 80s.

He still races too now and then I see in Cycle News.

There was a race at Casey, where Fos was running I think # 4N after Ponca and LL's.
His laptimes on his 80 was 3-4 seconds faster than 125 A with If I remember right, Junior Jackson running 2nd and Doug Harrington and Curt Libbey were right there too up from TN.

And the list of fast guys in that 125 A class was long as hell.
Veugelar, Old Brother Greg Randa, Canner, Tuman, Bollmeier, a couple Stahlmans, and a shit ton of other guys who were top guys at Ponca and LL's

It's good to see he's riding again.

Post a reply to: STL area Sasquatch sighting

The Latest