SSR 125 Opinions?

Edited Date/Time 5/10/2017 8:45am
I'm looking at a 2017 SSR 125. Currently own a 2011 Pitster Pro 125 with a swapped motor from a 2006 Pitster Pro 125. Still working on fixin a couple problems that came with the swap but they're nothing serious. I've seen that a lot of people have SSRs. I just want to see what other people think of them before I decide whether or not I should get a new one. Is it worth it? I know I've heard of the motor mounts cracking and such but what are the things I should worry about? Do they perform well? Availability on parts? I just want something that I can use to rip around trails. Not completly set on an SSR, just want to know what people think of them, or what kind of expirience they had..
|
5/9/2017 6:31am
junk. stick to your trucks diesel bro.
Don't know where this came from. Literally just want to know what people think about them. Just looking for something I can mess around with.
Motofinne
5/9/2017 6:34am
Aren't all these pitbikes pretty much junk? Get a real 85cc MX bike and use that as a "pitbike", that is my advice.

The Shop

Skerby
5/9/2017 6:40am
Build up a crf50 or a 110. Seriously, Chinese pitbikes will always be junk.

I've ridden a couple SSR's, they are nothing compared to a real japanese motorcycle.
5/9/2017 6:41am
Bro, get a late model YZ and take the SSS suspension and mount it up on that SSR 125. You'll be roosting the local pros in no time.
boston_jorj
5/9/2017 6:44am
Bro, get a late model YZ and take the SSS suspension and mount it up on that SSR 125. You'll be roosting the local pros in...
Bro, get a late model YZ and take the SSS suspension and mount it up on that SSR 125. You'll be roosting the local pros in no time.
BRO
DEMONDAVE
5/9/2017 6:45am
Skerby wrote:
Build up a crf50 or a 110. Seriously, Chinese pitbikes will always be junk. I've ridden a couple SSR's, they are nothing compared to a real...
Build up a crf50 or a 110. Seriously, Chinese pitbikes will always be junk.

I've ridden a couple SSR's, they are nothing compared to a real japanese motorcycle.
/\ is the answer
Katoomey
5/9/2017 6:45am
Don't know where this came from. Literally just want to know what people think about them. Just looking for something I can mess around with.
you ain't just comin on here for the first time and not getting f'd with. we have traditions around here.

anyway, not a lot of guys around here into pitbikes. and everyone around here is too cool for school, so whatever they don't like is gay and you're gay for liking it. which, in the case of pitbikes, is probably all true. haha just kiddin, sort of....
slipdog
5/9/2017 6:49am
Katoomey wrote:
you ain't just comin on here for the first time and not getting f'd with. we have traditions around here. anyway, not a lot of guys...
you ain't just comin on here for the first time and not getting f'd with. we have traditions around here.

anyway, not a lot of guys around here into pitbikes. and everyone around here is too cool for school, so whatever they don't like is gay and you're gay for liking it. which, in the case of pitbikes, is probably all true. haha just kiddin, sort of....
I was thinking of converting my Zozxion 110 pit bike into a quad. What color scarf and cardigan should I wear when I do the unveiling?
5/9/2017 6:57am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 6:58am
Whole new can of worms. Didn't know you could get so much hate for owning a pitbike lol. Never said I wanted an SSR. I'm "looking into one" just simply want to know "what people think of them performance wise". Just let me know..
Dtat720
5/9/2017 6:58am
Katoomey wrote:
you ain't just comin on here for the first time and not getting f'd with. we have traditions around here. anyway, not a lot of guys...

slipdog wrote:
I was thinking of converting my Zozxion 110 pit bike into a quad. What color scarf and cardigan should I wear when I do the unveiling?
Definately pacific northwest red/black plaid and heavy on the beard oil and pomade.
5/9/2017 7:00am
Katoomey wrote:

slipdog wrote:
I don't know, but you should definitely wear skinny jeans.
5/9/2017 7:01am
Whole new can of worms. Didn't know you could get so much hate for owning a pitbike lol. Never said I wanted an SSR. I'm "looking...
Whole new can of worms. Didn't know you could get so much hate for owning a pitbike lol. Never said I wanted an SSR. I'm "looking into one" just simply want to know "what people think of them performance wise". Just let me know..
OP, sorry. There is a tradition of hazing here, but to answer your question, I personally know nothing about them.
Motofinne
5/9/2017 7:02am
Whole new can of worms. Didn't know you could get so much hate for owning a pitbike lol. Never said I wanted an SSR. I'm "looking...
Is this the SSR you're looking at? http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/pitbike/sr125.php

It looks just like all the other "1k-pitbikes" that are 100% junk.

Nothing wrong with owning a pitbike but i would not buy one like that. Get a decent second-hand crf50 and build that into a legit pitbike.
c0ncEpT
5/9/2017 7:04am
Nothing wrong with an SSR. Just have to take it for what it is. Chinese junk. Best used riding to and from the bathroom at the track.
Katoomey
5/9/2017 7:05am
slipdog wrote:
i don't know... what color is your Fasthouse jersey? don't want them to match, matching is for the sheeple. your an individual man.
Skerby
5/9/2017 8:04am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 8:07am
I eat, sleep, and breathe mini moto. The performance of a crf50 or a klx110 with a few upgrades simply can't be matched by a chinese pitbike.

Stock YZ50:

kaptkaos
5/9/2017 8:08am
Wow, the tard is strong in here...

I had one, a tricked out 140cc, makes way more power than any crf50 or klx110, however the forks are total junk. I had a Pitster, and theres an SSR dealer down the road from me, I have seen them up close and they are the same thing. Tranny is 4 up, 5 up on some so be ready to hit a lot of neutral...they are torquey as hell and impossible to stall. Taught my daughters how to ride a manual bike with it, hardly ever stalled it.

If you can find one for under $1000 and its in decent shape, then it might be worth it as long as you know what you are getting into. But a CR, KX, YZ 80-85 cc 2 stroke is a way better choice. They will be about 2-3K though.

Try to find a CRF150RB if you can.

There are pitbike forums out there where you can get some more friendly advice, even Thumpertalk might get you further than here.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/9/2017 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 8:26am
You said you wanted to decide whether or not you should get one (wanting one). You currently own a pitster, you are at home base for Pitster Pro, you sign up today and your only two posts are about them. Hmmm.

In the smallest of chances that you aren't serving up some SPAM(which would be weird for such a product known to be of poor quality), Skerby answered your question.
Homey55
5/9/2017 8:26am
slipdog wrote:
I thought I recognized you on my commute yesterday! I like the handbag you made! What would you charge to make me one just like it?

slipdog
5/9/2017 8:28am
Katoomey wrote:

slipdog wrote:
I don't know, but you should definitely wear skinny jeans.
Thanks Harry and Dtat, I just happen to be at the mall and decided to take your advice. Don't worry though, the bags on the shelf aren't purses, the girl helping me said they're man satchels. I got two...

slipdog
5/9/2017 8:30am
slipdog wrote:
Homey55 wrote:
I thought I recognized you on my commute yesterday! I like the handbag you made! What would you charge to make me one just like it...
I thought I recognized you on my commute yesterday! I like the handbag you made! What would you charge to make me one just like it?

I'm literally crying to see your post after mine loaded up, lolol!
Homey55
5/9/2017 8:35am
slipdog wrote:
I'm literally crying to see your post after mine loaded up, lolol!
I see these people all summer long. He definitely has the "posture" correct and looks the part. I took this picture last summer and still laugh my ass off every time I see it!
SteezGeez
Fantasy
553rd
5/9/2017 8:46am
Ok to answer your question. These things suck. Back in 2011 (before I got into moto) my friends and I were bored AF from playing Halo all day so we went down to the SSR headquarters in Cerritos and talked them in to selling us 3 125's for $500 a piece still in the crates. Needless to say, these things are junk. We just rode them in the trails next to our houses and they broke constantly. The construction sucks. I'm pretty sure they use fish oil instead of real motor oil when filling up the motor with oil. I mean if all you're trying to do is ride this thing on a sidewalk gently. And I mean GENTLY! It's still a piece of shit and youre better off buying a YZ80 or KX65 used then this thing brand new.

Hopefully that answers your question on how it performs.
ga_pike
5/9/2017 8:53am
You won't get many positive responses here concerning pitbikes. This isn't the forum for them.

But I did hear JS7 was racing outdoors on a factory SSR... apparently they will give him whatever ECU he wants!
PTECH
5/9/2017 8:59am
JBecker 72 wrote:
KLX110L
This guy gets it. I was huge into pit bikes back in the day. I had a lot of problems with my ssr. Little things but stuff you have to stay on top of constantly. I still have a 110 i bought back in the day and I've never had a single issue with it.
slipdog
5/9/2017 8:59am
ga_pike wrote:
You won't get many positive responses here concerning pitbikes. This isn't the forum for them. But I did hear JS7 was racing outdoors on a factory...
You won't get many positive responses here concerning pitbikes. This isn't the forum for them.

But I did hear JS7 was racing outdoors on a factory SSR... apparently they will give him whatever ECU he wants!
Enormous Chinese Uni brow?

JMX82
5/9/2017 9:31am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 9:47am
I got my girlfriend a Chinese pit bike because she wanted to learn how to ride. The bike is branded as Apollo Orion TTR 125. I have made some updates for the bike and it has been working well for first 3,5 hours of riding. Motor is torquey and easy to ride for beginner. Suspension is not the greatest but it works well enough for beginner speed.

One modification I made for the bike was 3D printed front brake line guide. I also replace oddly shaped stock levers with Honda CR levers

Post a reply to: SSR 125 Opinions?

The Latest