SPEED, READ THIS!

wreckitrandy
2/27/2010 7:51pm
Yeah,,,, you're right. I retract my earlier statement and now, agree with you.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
2/27/2010 7:54pm
I agree, the coverage and everything was excellent. The truth is that I wasn't planning on going to bed at 11:00 on a Saturday night but I'm going to because my eyes feel like they are about to melt out of my head. The poor picture quality is a fact not an opinion.
gt80rider
2/27/2010 7:57pm
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I am so pleased to be able to sit at home and watch Saturday night racin. Us hardcore fans have waited all our lives...
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I am so pleased to be able to sit at home and watch Saturday night racin.
Us hardcore fans have waited all our lives for this.

You will never make everyone happy, you will never catch EVERY pass, you will never have the "perfect broadcast"... that's ok... you're tryin and it shows.

Un-interrupted main events, what else can we ask for.

I like how you tried having them sitting down this time instead of standing and fighting for elbow room.

Enough with the nit pickin... we are very fortunate to be able to enjoy this great series like this.

Thank you!
Very well said......

i remember how many Months it took to see the USGP from Carlsbad back in the early 80's.... i remember the only play of supercross during the early 90's was at 3am in the morning....

having live coverage for a Month straight is truly Moto heaven...... Thank you SpeedTV
Ozy
2/27/2010 7:57pm
I feel like I got so much more than I paid to view Atlanta SX live from my couch Smile

The Shop

Sparkalounger
2/27/2010 8:12pm
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I am so pleased to be able to sit at home and watch Saturday night racin. Us hardcore fans have waited all our lives...
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

You will never make everyone happy, you will never catch EVERY pass, you will never have the "perfect broadcast"... that's ok... you're tryin and it shows.

I like how you tried having them sitting down this time instead of standing and fighting for elbow room.

Enough with the nit pickin... we are very fortunate to be able to enjoy this great series like this.

Thank you!
gt80rider wrote:
Very well said...... i remember how many Months it took to see the USGP from Carlsbad back in the early 80's.... i remember the only play...
Very well said......

i remember how many Months it took to see the USGP from Carlsbad back in the early 80's.... i remember the only play of supercross during the early 90's was at 3am in the morning....

having live coverage for a Month straight is truly Moto heaven...... Thank you SpeedTV
... and calling 1-900-whatever-it-was and paying $5. to hear an answering machine tell me that McGrath won again.
andymoto
2/27/2010 8:12pm
Write them regardless what's rumored down the pike for next season.

Just a thank you would be of big help.
calimxer91
2/27/2010 8:14pm
andymoto wrote:

Could there be a Spike in the ratings?
andymoto
2/27/2010 9:06pm
andymoto wrote:

calimxer91 wrote:
Could there be a Spike in the ratings?
Nice to see the broadcasters mentioned 70,000 or so in attendance.

Should be a spike in writing thank yous for the coverage we've gotten irregardless of who takes the helm.

TerryB
2/27/2010 9:34pm
I really thought it was a great broadcast. I wish they were like that every week. Live.
JJ #591
2/27/2010 9:37pm
Great post! You are right, we are getting spoiled perhaps. Great race and show, it's not as easy as it looks i'm sure.
ASH510
2/27/2010 9:47pm
great show pic quality kida ify you can do better go speed
2/27/2010 9:52pm
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you!
gt80rider wrote:
Very well said...... i remember how many Months it took to see the USGP from Carlsbad back in the early 80's.... i remember the only play...
Very well said......

... and calling 1-900-whatever-it-was and paying $5. to hear an answering machine tell me that McGrath won again.
Your a puss. SPEED BLOWS AND NEEDS WORK... Ill nit pick it cause our sport deserves better.
jmar
2/27/2010 9:59pm
It doesn't matter to Speed what people on motoboards think. All they care about are the viewer numbers and selling advertising time.

spd721
2/28/2010 7:26am
I just wish that the race was truely live. When it started, it was about 30 min delayed. By the time the 250 main was on, it was 10 min delayed. I did like the interviews thought before the 250 main, and with goose. The feature with the track was also another plus where they interview Les Smith and MB26.
Racer92
2/28/2010 7:28am
jmar wrote:
It doesn't matter to Speed what people on motoboards think. All they care about are the viewer numbers and selling advertising time.

Yep. True dat.
Racer92
2/28/2010 7:48am
I agree Ponyboy, the coverage was very good. The did show WAY too much of Tedesco running around by himself in the back (wtf was that about anway?) but other than that and Erin annoying riders it was very much appreciated.
Sparkalounger
2/28/2010 7:51am
jmar wrote:

that's not the point Jim....
and yes, people involved with the broadcast read this stuff, it may not matter in the end, but at least they can read something that shows our gratitude instead of just bitchin all the time.

Your post's seem to be continuously getting more negative...

Thanks for pointing out that the executives only care about revenue and ratings, none of us here knew that Jim.
jeffro503
2/28/2010 7:56am
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you!
Couldn't agree more man!

I even took the time last week to write SPEED themselves and thanked them bigtime!

And guys.....remember.....we have some "LIVE NATIONALS" coming to us as well.

As far as i'm concerned.....i'm more happy than a pig in shit!
mooch
Fantasy
501st
2/28/2010 7:58am
jmar wrote:

jeffro503
2/28/2010 7:59am
andymoto wrote:

Andy I took your advice you posted last week about this very thing........
BAD10
2/28/2010 11:42am
Every weekend Supercross/moto is on live TV is the Motocross equivalent of the Superbowl for me! Thanks Speed?
XBUTCHX
2/28/2010 11:47am
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you!
DanDunes818
2/28/2010 11:58am
I like a lot of you guys remember waiting by the mailbox on wednesday(sometimes thursdays too) for that weeks cycle news to find out what happened at that weeks SX. Then in like 94 we got virtual grandstand on cyclenews.com which was awesome. You'd get text updates like every 5-10 minutes and appreciated the hell out of that at the time.

To have sx live is awesome. I've grown used to watching races long after I knew the outcome so this has been a huge treat. I'm sure my neighbors have heard me screaming my lungs out the last two weeks. Last week I was screaming for RV to get around KW and this week I was screaming for RV to move TC out of the way. Not to mention the lites race this week. I hope my neighbors aren't french cause I was screaming kill frenchy for 20 straight minutes..lloll
Chris_ONeal
2/28/2010 12:00pm
I'm so happy when Speed covers the race instead of CBS! I hate it when the show highlights from the heat races and don't show any of the LCQ.

Speed by far is the best at covering the SX series.
mxmedic
2/28/2010 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2010 12:39pm
Live or almost live coverage = awesome. Thanks Speed!

...though unfortunately I didn't get to watch live last night since I was working.
oshow
2/28/2010 12:49pm
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you!
Great post.
olds cool
2/28/2010 2:00pm
I'm grateful for the live/delayed coverage now too but every year until this year I have been able to record the SPEED broadcast. This year every time I've tried to record the program (on VHS and now DVD) a message pops up on the screen telling me "unable to record copyrighted movie". When CBS has the show I can record them with no problems. Maybe I should quit bitching and just be thankful for the "live" coverage.

Post a reply to: SPEED, READ THIS!

The Latest