SD SX - Petco Park Seats?

Edited Date/Time 2/5/2015 10:54pm
Hey knowledgeable ones....

I'm taking the family to PetCo Park for SX this Saturday. It's our first time at this stadium, can anyone recommend a good level to watch the race? We've gone to Qualcomm and many of the Anaheim races and always go for Club level or the highest row on the field level, so we're looking for something equivalent.

Many thanks, appreciate the good advice.

Doug
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/5/2015 8:49pm
I've heard it's close to sold out, so I'd say any would be my favorite level at the moment.
2/5/2015 9:04pm
GuyB wrote:
I've heard it's close to sold out, so I'd say any would be my favorite level at the moment.
Was surprised to see there are quite a lot of seats still available.
PetCo looks about 40% smaller then Qualcomm, too.

We just bought 4 in the 200s section. Used this site to get a vantage point from the seats. Since the stadium is rather small, looks like there's great seats from anywhere.
http://aviewfrommyseat.com/large-photo/33636/PETCO+Park/section-211/row…

Maybe i'll see ya there, Guy.

Doug

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/5/2015 9:14pm
Oh cool. Guess my guy was wrong. I'll be there all day. Smile
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/5/2015 9:25pm
GuyB wrote:
Oh cool. Guess my guy was wrong. I'll be there all day. Smile
Hasn't just about every race this season been a near sellout? Whistling

The Shop

enketchum
2/5/2015 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2015 9:46pm
I bought my tickets on TicketMaster last weekend. There were very few seats in the good locations, so I would say it may actually sell out by Saturday.

I usually buy from Yamaha dealers to save money and support them, but the new Flex Pricing made the tickets cheaper on TM than at Yamaha dealerships.

There are some obstructed views beside a tower on each side of the stadium in the 300 sections.

Petco holds just over 42,000. Qualcomm holds just over 71,000. It's a big difference. Tickets aren't that bad at Petco, but they are a lot more money than Qualcomm was.
2/5/2015 10:54pm
enketchum wrote:
I bought my tickets on TicketMaster last weekend. There were very few seats in the good locations, so I would say it may actually sell out...
I bought my tickets on TicketMaster last weekend. There were very few seats in the good locations, so I would say it may actually sell out by Saturday.

I usually buy from Yamaha dealers to save money and support them, but the new Flex Pricing made the tickets cheaper on TM than at Yamaha dealerships.

There are some obstructed views beside a tower on each side of the stadium in the 300 sections.

Petco holds just over 42,000. Qualcomm holds just over 71,000. It's a big difference. Tickets aren't that bad at Petco, but they are a lot more money than Qualcomm was.
thanks, Ketch. I heard there was a section to avoid, glad to know I missed it...by luck.

We're looking forward to PetCo Park this year. Small, great viewing and stumble distance to and from hotels.

Last year my better half treated me to Qualcomm and we took the train from the stadium to our GasLamp hotel and the ride was BRUTAL. Packed in tight like sardines with some belligerent, sweaty drunks...and then there was everyone else! Wink

Enjoy the race.

Post a reply to: SD SX - Petco Park Seats?

The Latest