Ryno power products......

Tom711
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2015 10:59am
Anyone have experience with any of them, are they any good?
I'm not one for supplements usually, the only thing I do consume regular on ride days are bananas and water.
Anyway, I've seen a lot of the ryno power stuff lately and read some good reviews online so thought I'd give it a go. I've just ordered a pot of the endurance capsules, hopefully they'll be here for the weekend so I can give them a try.
|
6/17/2015 6:36am
Everything he sells is available from your average GNC. What he does, however, is packages it and presents it in such a way that motocrossers understand and feel comfortable using/purchasing. It's really a pretty smart idea. Saying "You should take Beta Alanine" scares your average redneck away. But put it in a bottle that says "Armpump Pills" and endorse it by a pro MX'er...boom...
Dtat720
6/17/2015 6:51am
Ive been using some of the stuff since January. I like it so far, the endurance pills make a difference with me. I would compare it to Cellucor over any other brand. Product to product, they are comparable.
Fearo
6/17/2015 8:22am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2015 8:22am
Everything he sells is available from your average GNC. What he does, however, is packages it and presents it in such a way that motocrossers understand...
Everything he sells is available from your average GNC. What he does, however, is packages it and presents it in such a way that motocrossers understand and feel comfortable using/purchasing. It's really a pretty smart idea. Saying "You should take Beta Alanine" scares your average redneck away. But put it in a bottle that says "Armpump Pills" and endorse it by a pro MX'er...boom...
This is pretty much true, although he has a few formulas that you won't find with other brands. At least not combined in one capsule. Plus he uses high quality ingredients (Carnosyn for beta alanine for instance).

I've never tried his stuff, and you can get way better protein, electrolytes and BCAA's a lot cheaper than the Rynopower stuff, but a few blends like 'motivation' or the new 'gladiator' pre-workout might be worth looking into if you're serious about it.
Tom711
6/17/2015 8:38am
I probably won't stick to using them to be honest, and I wouldn't buy his protein (far too expensive) just wanted to see what the fuss was about.
Fingers crossed 'endurance' lives up to the reviews I've read.

The Shop

6/17/2015 9:12am
A buddy of mine fed me the endurance and motivation pills a few times a while back, me not knowing what they were supposed to help with.
They helped with exactly that! the motivation was the biggest help for me. After hard riding that normally gets you tired and beat, you feel that you're tired but you can just keep going, and it's still fun riding!
Awesome stuff
KGAspeed
6/17/2015 9:41am
Everything he sells is available from your average GNC. What he does, however, is packages it and presents it in such a way that motocrossers understand...
A friend of mine was a heavy retailer of his products (until very recently). The thing worth noting is that Hughes himself doesn't really have much to do with the product itself - his partner is the brains behind the formulations and which products they produce and sell. That was a plus in my mind.

I've used the Motivation and their protein. Motivation was ok, but I personally did not feel a major difference - I prefer Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy for pre-ride. The whey is too expensive - Cytosport Complete Whey is my preferred choice.

According to my friend who uses the complete line, they all work very well together. And again, aren't from the eccentric mind of Hughes.
6/17/2015 11:11am
Motivation sounds like ginko biloba, and the gladiator sounds like the same non-stim pre-workout that is in "gakic" (lactic acid reducer) I would love to see the labels to verify, but just from the user's descriptions that is what they would seem to be.
Underdog999
6/17/2015 11:37am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2015 11:45am
Motivation sounds like ginko biloba, and the gladiator sounds like the same non-stim pre-workout that is in "gakic" (lactic acid reducer) I would love to see...
Motivation sounds like ginko biloba, and the gladiator sounds like the same non-stim pre-workout that is in "gakic" (lactic acid reducer) I would love to see the labels to verify, but just from the user's descriptions that is what they would seem to be.
Tyrosine and guarana..... just eat 10 almonds and drink some coffee, it's the same thing!
TeamGreen
6/17/2015 2:36pm
Beet Juice...?

I'm jus' sayin'...
Brent
6/17/2015 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2015 3:40pm
Good for Hughes, he finally found out that dirt bike racers and their unedumicated parents will spend money on most anything that is MX related if it is marketed correctly.

Hey I wonder if the rights to the Roost Boost bottle name are up for grabs, if it is I may have a new product coming out myself soon...Cool
6/17/2015 5:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Beet Juice...?

I'm jus' sayin'...
Beet juice is a blood builder. Taste like liquid dirt though.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/17/2015 6:18pm
Bullshit
Brett_Stralo
6/17/2015 9:03pm
Rynopower is the only stuff out there that is all organic and GMO free. You can not get what Rynopower sells at GNC. I have been using it for 3 years now and as an A level rider I love this stuff. It works PERIOD. As USAW weightlifting coach and personal trainer and former soldier I also love the products for being third party tested and in compliance with USAW, WADA, USADA, and US military regulations. They are the best out there
6/17/2015 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2015 10:02pm
↑ ↑ ↑
This

I've been following Ryno Power for about 5 years after Ryan Hughes contacted me regarding distribution of the product line; I worked in Natural food distribution, selling only natural, clean products to Wholefoods Mkt, Sprouts Farmers mkt, Raleys, etc, etc.

Part of consideration for distributing Ryno Power was dilligence on my part to ensure the product was indeed clean, and for the most part at the time, it was. Since then, Ryno Power has continued to grow. I found myself in San Diego area on a business trip recently, so I called Ryan McCarthy, the President and main-man behind Ryno Power to get caught up. As a 12 year Natural Foods industry expert, I was pretty impressed with their product today. Their formulations are unique, and healthy. I toured their new facility and spent a good hour, face to face with McCarthy. This is a guy who lives, breathes, eats and sleeps Ryno Power. Just talking to the guy you get a sense of pride in ownership, value and quality. You know the companies that chase a dollar and cut corners? This isn't one of them. These guys are trying to do it right to build a foundation for the long-haul. Again, pretty impressive vision for a young company.

I see it like the Organic vs. Non-Organic debate. The ignorant side of the argument is to say Organic apples aren't any better for you because they offer no more nutritional value then a normal apple. This is partially true, but very narrow minded. They may be same nutritionally, but one contains hormones, pesticides, chemicals, wax and other nasty shit from their efforts to make the apple larger, more juicy and shiny. The other is 100% natural, just the way your God, or Mother Nature intended it to be. Which one do you eat, feed your family with?

Same with Ryno Power in my opinion. It may seem like the same, but it's really not.

Apology for the mini-novel, but after reading some of the comments here, I wanted to share my experience to shine a light on the good they're doing.

Doug
6/18/2015 12:29am
KGAspeed wrote:
A friend of mine was a heavy retailer of his products (until very recently). The thing worth noting is that Hughes himself doesn't really have much...
A friend of mine was a heavy retailer of his products (until very recently). The thing worth noting is that Hughes himself doesn't really have much to do with the product itself - his partner is the brains behind the formulations and which products they produce and sell. That was a plus in my mind.

I've used the Motivation and their protein. Motivation was ok, but I personally did not feel a major difference - I prefer Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy for pre-ride. The whey is too expensive - Cytosport Complete Whey is my preferred choice.

According to my friend who uses the complete line, they all work very well together. And again, aren't from the eccentric mind of Hughes.
Wrong.

Ryan is heavily involved in the product development and knows plenty on the subject. His partner handles the business side of things/marketing/distribution and whatnot.

And if some of his stuff is expensive, it's because he uses the highest quality ingredients he can.

Those that think Ryan just slaps his name on a generic product couldnt have it more wrong. He genuinely knows his product and cares about what he's selling people.
Spydee
6/18/2015 3:44am
Funnily enough I was about to buy some of his protein products earlier this morning, until I realised it's literally double the price compared to other suppliers (in my case –Ryno’s 1KG bag = £40, compared to Protein Works 1KG bag = £20. Plus Ryno’s product has a lot more sugar in it than PW). I was prepared to pay a little more than normal to support a ledge like Ryno, but I just can’t justify spending that price. I ain’t made of money!! Still, I bought some of his of supplement pills and a protein shaker as it was a fair price!! So there’s my good deed done, Ryno Smile
6/18/2015 4:27am
Spydee wrote:
Funnily enough I was about to buy some of his protein products earlier this morning, until I realised it's literally double the price compared to other...
Funnily enough I was about to buy some of his protein products earlier this morning, until I realised it's literally double the price compared to other suppliers (in my case –Ryno’s 1KG bag = £40, compared to Protein Works 1KG bag = £20. Plus Ryno’s product has a lot more sugar in it than PW). I was prepared to pay a little more than normal to support a ledge like Ryno, but I just can’t justify spending that price. I ain’t made of money!! Still, I bought some of his of supplement pills and a protein shaker as it was a fair price!! So there’s my good deed done, Ryno Smile
and I don't suppose you considered the fact that it comes from a foreign country and there are logistics involved in that...

Anyone who avidly lifts, knows that truly good protein is hard to get. The rest...well... they use muscle milk. fuckin crushed cookies.
Spydee
6/18/2015 4:47am
and I don't suppose you considered the fact that it comes from a foreign country and there are logistics involved in that... Anyone who avidly lifts...
and I don't suppose you considered the fact that it comes from a foreign country and there are logistics involved in that...

Anyone who avidly lifts, knows that truly good protein is hard to get. The rest...well... they use muscle milk. fuckin crushed cookies.
I wasn't shipping directly from the states. I think that's unfair of my local dirt bike shop to charge double just because they import it. You could argue the same about Fox clothing, yet they don't whack up the prices double the cost.
6/18/2015 4:49am
and I don't suppose you considered the fact that it comes from a foreign country and there are logistics involved in that... Anyone who avidly lifts...

Spydee wrote:
I wasn't shipping directly from the states. I think that's unfair of my local dirt bike shop to charge double just because they import it. You...
I wasn't shipping directly from the states. I think that's unfair of my local dirt bike shop to charge double just because they import it. You could argue the same about Fox clothing, yet they don't whack up the prices double the cost.
Doesn't matter who you are buying it from... someone (your local shop) pays the shipping, and it's passed on to the customer. lol... jeez
Spydee
6/18/2015 5:00am
No shit dude. Which is exactly why I'd rather pay 50% LESS to get the exact same product (albeit with LESS sugar) from my own country.
mxdude105
6/18/2015 5:02am
Pseudoscience....eat a healthy, balanced diet and you don't need any of that stuff. Unless you've been diagnosed with a deficiency, in which case an RD will tell you exactly what you need. Save your money.

I've done personal training and nutritional counseling as a side job for several years. These supplements are a huge money maker for the fitness industry and I can tell you it's 99% fluff.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/18/2015 5:50am
mxdude105 wrote:
Pseudoscience....eat a healthy, balanced diet and you don't need any of that stuff. Unless you've been diagnosed with a deficiency, in which case an RD will...
Pseudoscience....eat a healthy, balanced diet and you don't need any of that stuff. Unless you've been diagnosed with a deficiency, in which case an RD will tell you exactly what you need. Save your money.

I've done personal training and nutritional counseling as a side job for several years. These supplements are a huge money maker for the fitness industry and I can tell you it's 99% fluff.
Absolute truth. The average guy who rides and goes to the gym a few times a week would be so much better off just eating a good healthy diet instead of filling yourself with supplements.
bv
6/18/2015 10:59am
Supplements are a huge part of any training program. Yes eating correct and nutritious food is important but supplements can add so much more to your health and training. Many serious racers take supplements in addition to eating the correct clean and healthy foods. Many of the cheaper less expensive supplements...well you get what you pay for. They are not regulated by the FDA so they can put whatever they want in there including a bunch of junk fillers. Many due to the way they are processed are also dangerously high in heavy metals. The ryno power stuff is very clean and organic and non gmo all good quality stuff to put in your body. They also have voluntarily gone and got independently certified to verify that what they claim is in there is in there and that the manufacturing process they use is safe. I started using the stuff about 2 years ago and it helps alot when i work out and when i recover. Also I have a weak stomach and many protein powders before would upset it but not the ryno power stuff. Give it a try and that in combination with a good diet I think you'll defiantly notice some good results.

Post a reply to: Ryno power products......

The Latest