Ryan Villopoto's interview

RY4N37
3/6/2015 6:10am
can't listen , at work Sad -

wow does he get stuck into Jose? WTF dude. I might think twice if I were RV.....DizzyDizzy
RY4N37 wrote:
It wasn't that bad to be fair, he got asked what happened with his crashes and he said 'well the first one some Spanish dude took...
It wasn't that bad to be fair, he got asked what happened with his crashes and he said 'well the first one some Spanish dude took me out, but then I passed him like 4 times anyway' then the interviewer said 'probably his claim to fame or something'. It kinda made it sound like Butron had done it on purpose which I don't think he did. Being called some Spanish dude must be fairly annoying too
Outsider wrote:
So, this is what you crybabies are focusing on? Pinch

Cool interview, this guy is definitely doing his way and it's awesome, imo.
Kind of, it's the only thing I didn't like in the interview. I thought it was a good interview, and it's awesome to see that he's enjoying the travelling already, and generally seems more relaxed
jpred
3/6/2015 6:37am
Just to be clear, you can be "taken out" both intentionally and unintentionally. RV did not say and could not say if it was an intentional take out.
Olson
3/6/2015 6:37am
Great interview. But Maeda needs a filter for his mic. It's always like this.
bama205
3/6/2015 7:00am
markit wrote:
I don't think (being took out) is meant to imply that he did it intentionally, in the US it is just a blanket statement.
I think though the way he sort of said it, along the lines of [i]whatever, I passed that guy 4 times..[/i]. seemed to imply a little...
I think though the way he sort of said it, along the lines of whatever, I passed that guy 4 times... seemed to imply a little irritation at Jose when really (as anyone who watches the Go Pro can see) it wasn't his fault, just a racing incident. My apologies to RV if that's wrong. Otherwise, really good interview. I'm stoked to see him embracing the whole thing so much.
So what? Want a Kleenex? People are so sensitive these days.

The Shop

3/6/2015 7:15am
RY4N37 wrote:
Butron didn't do an awful lot wrong though. RV just found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time
Just imagine Butron's interview " this crazy white dude rookie from 'merica just ran into the back of me trying to take me out then snivels 'bout it, dude's got no class".
ktm212
3/6/2015 7:16am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 7:17am
I thought it was a good interview, he seems like he honestly enjoying himself. Butron is a giant roadblock anyways, hes the European mike alessi. I remember watching Matery Basin I think and he was in the lead and there was a pack of like 10 behind him for half the race and just no one could get by and then he dropped like a rock.
jamma10
3/6/2015 7:22am
RY4N37 wrote:
Butron didn't do an awful lot wrong though. RV just found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time
The Source wrote:
Just imagine Butron's interview " this crazy white dude rookie from 'merica just ran into the back of me trying to take me out then snivels...
Just imagine Butron's interview " this crazy white dude rookie from 'merica just ran into the back of me trying to take me out then snivels 'bout it, dude's got no class".
Now you're just making it worse.

It wasn't that big of a deal to start people arguing about it.
davistld01
3/6/2015 7:23am
I thought RV sounded more relaxed & spoke waaaay more openly & honestly in that interview with Don than he ever did in any interview here in the States. Although...I'm getting a little tired of his congratulating himself on having "balls" enough to come there to race. Hey, Ryan...win one before totally unleashing the ego, ok?
3/6/2015 7:27am
ktm212 wrote:
I thought it was a good interview, he seems like he honestly enjoying himself. Butron is a giant roadblock anyways, hes the European mike alessi. I...
I thought it was a good interview, he seems like he honestly enjoying himself. Butron is a giant roadblock anyways, hes the European mike alessi. I remember watching Matery Basin I think and he was in the lead and there was a pack of like 10 behind him for half the race and just no one could get by and then he dropped like a rock.
it's one thing to catch someone and another thing to "pass" someone, are they suppose to move over so someone can pass them? If Butron had held on and won would the other riders excuse be " he just wouldn't let me pass him?"
3/6/2015 7:31am
RY4N37 wrote:
The Source wrote:
Just imagine Butron's interview " this crazy white dude rookie from 'merica just ran into the back of me trying to take me out then snivels...
jamma10 wrote:

Just touching the subject from a different perspective. I agree it is a totally minor incident to discuss.
jamma10
3/6/2015 7:36am
The Source wrote:
jamma10 wrote:

The Source wrote:
Just touching the subject from a different perspective. I agree it is a totally minor incident to discuss.
I know, but I also know that you enjoy poking the hornets nest on here.

This was Butrons actual response on twitter after the race;

Jose Antonio Butron ‏@JoseButron17
Sorry but i haven't hit @ryan_villopoto2 intentionally!! // Lo siento pero no lo he tirado… https://instagram.com/p/zrmqg-IYKv/
3/6/2015 7:45am
You all are such whiny little bitches... it's really getting fucking annoying.

Great interview, very nice to hear how the travel is opening his eyes. It is mind-blowing the first time to witness the cultural differences. I think Ryan is doing exactly what he has set out to do & enjoy this tour.
3/6/2015 7:47am
No doubt RV will be passing Butron many times this season, Butron has always been a great starter who fades.
davistld01
3/6/2015 7:51am
The Source wrote:
No doubt RV will be passing Butron many times this season, Butron has always been a great starter who fades.
And, rides a "wide bike" too, no doubt..
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
3/6/2015 7:54am
Sounded to me more like Don was the one talking down Jose, not RV. All RV said was that the first crash was not his fault, and he ended up passing Jose back so no big deal.

Thank you RV for doing the interview and keeping us updated on how it's going. Keep it up and good luck!
OXBOY
3/6/2015 8:08am
RY4N37 wrote:
Kind of, it's the only thing I didn't like in the interview. I thought it was a good interview, and it's awesome to see that he's...
Kind of, it's the only thing I didn't like in the interview. I thought it was a good interview, and it's awesome to see that he's enjoying the travelling already, and generally seems more relaxed
I agree, he seems very relaxed, and he likes this new experience...
CR250Rider
3/6/2015 8:16am
You all are such whiny little bitches... it's really getting fucking annoying. Great interview, very nice to hear how the travel is opening his eyes. It...
You all are such whiny little bitches... it's really getting fucking annoying.

Great interview, very nice to hear how the travel is opening his eyes. It is mind-blowing the first time to witness the cultural differences. I think Ryan is doing exactly what he has set out to do & enjoy this tour.
The backround noise sounded like a waterfall or wind through the trees to me. I heard every word he said no problem.
The bike stalling issue still left something on the table. I guess it WAS partially a bike issue, which goes against what DV934 said.

The other interesting thing I got was the track was SLOWER than he anticipated and planned for.

He's a great champion and I don't believe he's done winning
P
3/6/2015 8:22am
I thought that he might win some races this year, and he still may, but he seems like he is in the middle of his swan song. I hope that he wins some races, but I don't think that title is in the cards. He's ready to relax and enjoy retirement. That's just MHO.

Good luck to him this weekend and this season though.

P
sozo
3/6/2015 8:34am
Maybe RV meant since the rider got lapped 4x and took him out he should not be on the track...
dean122
3/6/2015 9:00am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 9:02am
I love all the "Ryan should focus on this, and Ryan should watch his GoPro".

For those of you thinking you know what Ryan should be doing, I got something for ya..

Great interview Donn, Keep them coming.
mmcmx
3/6/2015 9:04am
If riders the level of Butron shouldn't be on the track we would have nice 10 man gates at both sides of the pond haha
Silliker269
3/6/2015 9:20am
Great interview

With regards to the taken out thing I think he just means it wasn't his own fault
I was expecting way more trash talkin with the way you homos were going on about it
Hut
3/6/2015 9:21am
Enjoyed listening to that. How could ya not like that guy! I hope him and his wife enjoy their travels. He sounds confident that he will do well in the series.
He is having the time of his life seeing exotic places and taking on the world while we are hear pissing and moaning about a little wind noise on the mic. Go Poto!

Now I got this in my head. Cool
Suns_PSD
3/6/2015 9:42am
The interview was good but that the response about the Spanish rider was a bit uncalled for and really feeds in to the image of the egotistical American that doesn't know, nor care, about the rest of the world. I'm sure RV didn't mean it that way but he is an ambassador for American MX right now whether he wants to be or not. And frankly he might have passed Butron but the riders of his caliper were all 1/2 a lap in front of him so....

I watched the Qatar GP race again yesterday and the differences in the bikes were stark. AC222 hit a pot hole on a straightaway and his forks took all of it while using 95% travel and he never let off. He never lost his drive and he conserved energy. Then RV hit similiar bumps and his bike bounced off the ground and moved over 3' all while his forks only used 1/2 travel. Anyone who is watching should be able to see that his bike is no good for that last track and that theme might continue on other foreign tracks. I will say that RV appeared to be riding his bike to within an inch of it's life. On properly dialed in bike I suspect he would be World Champion even with all of these odds.

RV is going to have to let go of his Supercross settings. If I was his team manager I'd set a KX up with last years GP settings and make him ride a practice moto on that to access his average speed on a very beat track.

Post a reply to: Ryan Villopoto's interview

The Latest