Ryan Villopoto's interview

OXBOY
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 11:00pm
His feelings after the first GP, about the race, the countries and the cultures he dicovers, etc......

The champion is cool, relax, and he knows what he has to do, after this first experience.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000173161/features/thai-breakfast-ryan…

|
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
3/6/2015 1:21am
i think RV is a big fan of the Thai culture
MBR
3/6/2015 2:19am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 2:20am
Does the horrible sound quality annoy anybody else? This is once again a great example that people can deal with poor video quality (it can be considered as "artistic"), but not poor sound quality. You can get a cheap clip-on mic for under 20 USD (and from Bangkok probably under 5 USD). The TWMX's "how was your weekend" videos are often really annoying to watch just because the horrible sound quality.

The Shop

RY4N37
3/6/2015 2:40am
Little harsh on Butron I thought. Other than that a pretty good interview
DeStouwer
3/6/2015 3:01am
Probably Butron has his share coming in one of the next rounds.
3/6/2015 3:18am
can't listen , at work Sad -

wow does he get stuck into Jose? WTF dude. I might think twice if I were RV.....DizzyDizzy
RY4N37
3/6/2015 3:20am
Butron didn't do an awful lot wrong though. RV just found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time
RY4N37
3/6/2015 3:26am

wow does he get stuck into Jose? WTF dude. I might think twice if I were RV.....DizzyDizzy
It wasn't that bad to be fair, he got asked what happened with his crashes and he said 'well the first one some Spanish dude took me out, but then I passed him like 4 times anyway' then the interviewer said 'probably his claim to fame or something'. It kinda made it sound like Butron had done it on purpose which I don't think he did. Being called some Spanish dude must be fairly annoying too
Bearuno
3/6/2015 3:28am
Butron did nothing wrong - he popped out of a rut, and carried over, on into another, then RV ran into him.Butron was in front, and can go where he wants - it's as simple as that. No look back, no intent - something that too many idiots seem to want to 'see'..

That's racing. RV would be wise to just race. He gets into crap with riders, and he'll fuck his chances. Race, RV, and you'll do fine - pick fights, and you won't. None of those blokes are going to stand aside for him. Hell, he pisses off any of the heavy hitters, or even lighter hitters, and he won't end up finishing the season. Race like he knows how to, and he could end up World Motocross Champion - and that's a hell of a thing to finish off his career as.
jamma10
3/6/2015 3:29am
I think if RV watched his own Go-Pro footage back he would see that it wasn't intentional.
jamma10
3/6/2015 3:31am
Bill 4
Who is #12? That was a blatant take out. That's why I could't race over there. I'd kill that dude. Literally.

Bill 4
Sorry meant #17. I hope he get's seriously hurt.
Bearuno
3/6/2015 3:34am
jamma10 wrote:
I think if RV watched his own Go-Pro footage back he would see that it wasn't intentional.
You'd think he would watch it, wouldn't you?

It would be a valuable resource, for a rider, to study their own performance, and that of others.
RY4N37
3/6/2015 3:36am
jamma10 wrote:
[b]Bill 4[/b] Who is #12? That was a blatant take out. That's why I could't race over there. I'd kill that dude. Literally. [b]Bill 4[/b] Sorry...
Bill 4
Who is #12? That was a blatant take out. That's why I could't race over there. I'd kill that dude. Literally.

Bill 4
Sorry meant #17. I hope he get's seriously hurt.
People who say stuff like that aren't fans of the sport, nor are they people worth knowing. To wish serious injury on someone for anything is a sad thing to do, let alone for a completely unintentional racing incident
TOSH25
3/6/2015 3:41am
for the new guys to mxgp...you might just think, oh Butron just some slow Spanish kid. but trust me he is fast, all be it for probably only half race distance but he is crazy. he doesn't give a fuck and he is a tough rider. so yea he will be READY LOL
3/6/2015 3:54am
Bearuno wrote:
Butron did nothing wrong - he popped out of a rut, and carried over, on into another, then RV ran into him.Butron was in front, and...
Butron did nothing wrong - he popped out of a rut, and carried over, on into another, then RV ran into him.Butron was in front, and can go where he wants - it's as simple as that. No look back, no intent - something that too many idiots seem to want to 'see'..

That's racing. RV would be wise to just race. He gets into crap with riders, and he'll fuck his chances. Race, RV, and you'll do fine - pick fights, and you won't. None of those blokes are going to stand aside for him. Hell, he pisses off any of the heavy hitters, or even lighter hitters, and he won't end up finishing the season. Race like he knows how to, and he could end up World Motocross Champion - and that's a hell of a thing to finish off his career as.
WORD
3/6/2015 3:57am
Except for the horrible background noise i found this a pretty good interview. RV sounded pretty laid back. Don't think the Butron talk was that bad. Thinking Ryan is gonna be better this weekend.(expecting top 5) Daytona and another GP oh yeah let the weekend begin!!!
keinz
3/6/2015 4:04am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 4:06am
RV. It's........it's not Kansas, you knowLaughingLaughingLaughing
markit
3/6/2015 4:06am
I don't think (being took out) is meant to imply that he did it intentionally, in the US it is just a blanket statement.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
3/6/2015 4:21am
Cool interview.

Just finished watching the Go-Pro footage, it is clear to see he was not cleaned out on purpose, one of those things that happen.

Still a funny comment by RV.
3/6/2015 4:28am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 4:29am
markit wrote:
I don't think (being took out) is meant to imply that he did it intentionally, in the US it is just a blanket statement.
I think though the way he sort of said it, along the lines of whatever, I passed that guy 4 times... seemed to imply a little irritation at Jose when really (as anyone who watches the Go Pro can see) it wasn't his fault, just a racing incident. My apologies to RV if that's wrong. Otherwise, really good interview. I'm stoked to see him embracing the whole thing so much.
downard254
3/6/2015 4:41am
markit wrote:
I think though the way he sort of said it, along the lines of [i]whatever, I passed that guy 4 times..[/i]. seemed to imply a little...
I think though the way he sort of said it, along the lines of whatever, I passed that guy 4 times... seemed to imply a little irritation at Jose when really (as anyone who watches the Go Pro can see) it wasn't his fault, just a racing incident. My apologies to RV if that's wrong. Otherwise, really good interview. I'm stoked to see him embracing the whole thing so much.
I'll bet he didn't mean for it to sound like he was taken out, but more of a thought that he wished the guy would have held his line instead of popping out of that rut.
davistld01
3/6/2015 5:00am
MBR wrote:
Does the horrible sound quality annoy anybody else? This is once again a great example that people can deal with poor video quality (it can be...
Does the horrible sound quality annoy anybody else? This is once again a great example that people can deal with poor video quality (it can be considered as "artistic"), but not poor sound quality. You can get a cheap clip-on mic for under 20 USD (and from Bangkok probably under 5 USD). The TWMX's "how was your weekend" videos are often really annoying to watch just because the horrible sound quality.
Ummm...does the fact that it was being shot/recorded outdoors with (I'm thinking) normal outdoors-morning-type noises in the background for that area of Bangkok explain any sound issues that weren't like they were in a studio? On the TWMX "HWYW" shoots, the are being shot at the track, inside a semi, out beside the semi...generally with the background noises that one might associate with that location. I heard RV & Don just fine, personally. But, to each their own.

G-man
3/6/2015 5:44am
MBR wrote:
Does the horrible sound quality annoy anybody else? This is once again a great example that people can deal with poor video quality (it can be...
davistld01 wrote:
Ummm...does the fact that it was being shot/recorded outdoors with (I'm thinking) normal outdoors-morning-type noises in the background for that area of Bangkok explain any sound...
Ummm...does the fact that it was being shot/recorded outdoors with (I'm thinking) normal outdoors-morning-type noises in the background for that area of Bangkok explain any sound issues that weren't like they were in a studio? On the TWMX "HWYW" shoots, the are being shot at the track, inside a semi, out beside the semi...generally with the background noises that one might associate with that location. I heard RV & Don just fine, personally. But, to each their own.

Exactly, Donn traveling half way around the world and gets a cool interview with Ryan on his experience racing his first Grand Prix and people are bitching about the sounds of the city.

shessh

I enjoyed it and Ryan is really taking in this world experience good for him and his wife and like he says it opens up Racing the Grand Prix's to a lot of people who really have no clue
RY4N37
3/6/2015 6:02am
Honestly cannot see why people are complaining about background noise. You can hear everything they are saying absolutely fine. Nothing else maters. You can't expect them to mute Bangkok
Trav138
3/6/2015 6:03am
keinz wrote:
At the same time team KTMLaughingLaughing

https://instagram.com/p/z4u_sSiRaN/
Ha Tony always seems like he is having fun. Being World Champ since forever lol will do that to one's personality.

RV needs to focus forward and not sweat the shit in the rear view mirror. There is plenty of other stuff that needs attention.
Outsider
3/6/2015 6:05am

RY4N37 wrote:
It wasn't that bad to be fair, he got asked what happened with his crashes and he said 'well the first one some Spanish dude took...
It wasn't that bad to be fair, he got asked what happened with his crashes and he said 'well the first one some Spanish dude took me out, but then I passed him like 4 times anyway' then the interviewer said 'probably his claim to fame or something'. It kinda made it sound like Butron had done it on purpose which I don't think he did. Being called some Spanish dude must be fairly annoying too
So, this is what you crybabies are focusing on? Pinch

Cool interview, this guy is definitely doing his way and it's awesome, imo.

Post a reply to: Ryan Villopoto's interview

The Latest