Ryan Sipes and GNCC

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 7:25pm
Yikes. We checked out the GNCC season-opener, the Mud Mucker, just north of Daytona. This isn't for the faint of heart. Sipes is in there somewhere. He was running near the front early, but ended up outside of the top ten.

|
Crush
3/10/2014 1:34am
Sheesh Gibby, do you have tear offs for your camera?

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/10/2014 2:49am
MJC wrote:
His mother was a mudder?
His father was a mudder.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/10/2014 7:26am
GuyB wrote:
Yikes. We checked out the GNCC season-opener, the Mud Mucker, just north of Daytona. This isn't for the faint of heart. Sipes is in there somewhere...
Yikes. We checked out the GNCC season-opener, the Mud Mucker, just north of Daytona. This isn't for the faint of heart. Sipes is in there somewhere. He was running near the front early, but ended up outside of the top ten.

That is an awesome pic.
mxb2
3/10/2014 7:38am
Sipes finished 8th, those top guys rip on mx tracks also., with more track time they could qualify for a national. Duval rides our local ohio tracks, beats some of the local pro riders.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/10/2014 7:41am
mxb2 wrote:
Sipes finished 8th, those top guys rip on mx tracks also., with more track time they could qualify for a national. Duval rides our local ohio...
Sipes finished 8th, those top guys rip on mx tracks also., with more track time they could qualify for a national. Duval rides our local ohio tracks, beats some of the local pro riders.
8th ain't too shabby... How many rounds has he done so far?
IWreckALot
3/10/2014 7:59am
Those GNCC guys are nuts. Was the whole course muddy like that or was that just a river crossing or something?

I always wondered what they do to keep water from getting sucked in the engine. Do they do anything special for that? I don't think there is a dirt bike snorkel that I'm aware of.
dennisjonon
3/10/2014 8:03am
mxb2 wrote:
Sipes finished 8th, those top guys rip on mx tracks also., with more track time they could qualify for a national. Duval rides our local ohio...
EZZA 95B wrote:
hell be up there at the end of the championship....yesterday was brutal from what i hear. i know he has the speed for podiums so once he gets it all figured out i think he will be a podium contended.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/10/2014 8:11am
hell be up there at the end of the championship....yesterday was brutal from what i hear. i know he has the speed for podiums so once...
hell be up there at the end of the championship....yesterday was brutal from what i hear. i know he has the speed for podiums so once he gets it all figured out i think he will be a podium contended.
Yeah I hope he does well, such a cool dude... From the looks of that pic it was definitely brutal.Blink
mxb2
3/10/2014 8:19am
mxb2 wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
Daytona was the first round, nice results for sipes. Def a cool guy.
IWreckALot
3/10/2014 8:40am
hell be up there at the end of the championship....yesterday was brutal from what i hear. i know he has the speed for podiums so once...
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah I hope he does well, such a cool dude... From the looks of that pic it was definitely brutal.Blink
To answer your other question, there are 13 rounds I believe.

That area he went through definitely looked brutal but you can't tell where it was. Could have been a creek crossing and the rest of the track could have been decent to race. But those guys race in those kinds of conditions when the weather doesn't cooperate. I'd love to make it out to one of these races sometime.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/10/2014 9:17am
IWreckALot wrote:
To answer your other question, there are 13 rounds I believe. That area he went through definitely looked brutal but you can't tell where it was...
To answer your other question, there are 13 rounds I believe.

That area he went through definitely looked brutal but you can't tell where it was. Could have been a creek crossing and the rest of the track could have been decent to race. But those guys race in those kinds of conditions when the weather doesn't cooperate. I'd love to make it out to one of these races sometime.
Laughing I didn't ask how many rounds there are, and I'm pretty familiar with GNCC, but cheers anyway dude. It's now 3:15 am and I have absolutely no idea what's going on.Laughing
TRON
3/10/2014 9:53am
IWreckALot wrote:
Those GNCC guys are nuts. Was the whole course muddy like that or was that just a river crossing or something? I always wondered what they...
Those GNCC guys are nuts. Was the whole course muddy like that or was that just a river crossing or something?

I always wondered what they do to keep water from getting sucked in the engine. Do they do anything special for that? I don't think there is a dirt bike snorkel that I'm aware of.
Route all breather tubes and vents to the airbox. Usually, unless the bike is completely submerged in water, nothing will get in the airbox.
kevkx125
3/10/2014 10:01am
You can watch the race's on racertv.com
Socket946
3/10/2014 10:29am
IWreckALot wrote:
Those GNCC guys are nuts. Was the whole course muddy like that or was that just a river crossing or something? I always wondered what they...

They're more than nuts.

They go pinned into a turn, and have NO IDEA what's on the other side.

Fuck me running.
IWreckALot
3/10/2014 10:41am
IWreckALot wrote:

Socket946 wrote:
They're more than nuts.

They go pinned into a turn, and have NO IDEA what's on the other side.

Fuck me running.
No kidding. I race a local cross country/ hare scramble series in one of the slower classes. But the local pros that show up are ridiculously fast. They jump things that I had no clue that they could jump and the just fly through trees that don't even give you an inch of clearance on the sides of your handle bars. Josh Demuth used to show up from time to time and he just had the gas wide open the whole time. Fun to watch. I can't imagine seeing one of these races.
IWreckALot
3/10/2014 10:56am
kevkx125 wrote:
Watch this if you would like to get a sense of what cross country racing is.

http://racerxonline.com/2014/03/10/gncc-round-1-highlights
That's definitely a good glimpse of what CC racing is. No starting gate, no bermed first turn (or any turn for that matter) and just hitting the gas hoping to clear whatever obstacle. I'd suggest that the only thing holding a series like GNCC from being as popular from a TV ratings point of view is that it is very difficult to get a good camera angle everywhere they go. Every other form of motorsports has the ability to follow a rider all the way around the track. Not so much with this kind of racing.
JM485
3/10/2014 11:13am
Those guys are fricken knarly! I thought I was going to pass out just from a 1 1/2 hour race and these guys are going full bore for three hours, unbelievable. I never want to hear anyone complain about a 30 min moto again!Laughing
kevkx125
3/10/2014 11:30am
IWRECKALOT I agree it more then likely won't ever be mainstream. But it is a great form of grass roots racing, you get plenty of riding time and like all forms of m/c racing it is family oriented.
IWreckALot
3/10/2014 11:58am
JM485 wrote:
Those guys are fricken knarly! I thought I was going to pass out just from a 1 1/2 hour race and these guys are going full...
Those guys are fricken knarly! I thought I was going to pass out just from a 1 1/2 hour race and these guys are going full bore for three hours, unbelievable. I never want to hear anyone complain about a 30 min moto again!Laughing
I know you're joking but man I can't even make 3 or 4 laps around a motocross track without feeling like my arms about to fall off but I can race a solid 70-80 minutes of cross country. Different worlds.
Racer92
3/10/2014 12:19pm
Pfft, no biggy. Just another weekend for an offroad racer.

You MXers are sissies! Its a DIRT bike !

Wink
yz414
3/10/2014 12:25pm
IWreckALot wrote:
That's definitely a good glimpse of what CC racing is. No starting gate, no bermed first turn (or any turn for that matter) and just hitting...
That's definitely a good glimpse of what CC racing is. No starting gate, no bermed first turn (or any turn for that matter) and just hitting the gas hoping to clear whatever obstacle. I'd suggest that the only thing holding a series like GNCC from being as popular from a TV ratings point of view is that it is very difficult to get a good camera angle everywhere they go. Every other form of motorsports has the ability to follow a rider all the way around the track. Not so much with this kind of racing.
unfortunately you're right. its similar to the world rally championship, some of the best racing/driving in the world but almost impossible to broadcast
kevkx125
3/10/2014 12:48pm
yz414 wrote:
unfortunately you're right. its similar to the world rally championship, some of the best racing/driving in the world but almost impossible to broadcast
I agree.
VET176
3/11/2014 1:00am
A few Kiwi's near the front. Cool
Coyote
3/11/2014 9:08am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 9:09am
VET176 wrote:
A few Kiwi's near the front. Cool
JCR's Chris Bach was running a strong 5th with one lap to go an dnf, haven't heard what happened but hopefully he'll rebound at the next round in Georgia. Strong finish for the AmPro InFab Yamaha team with two podiums. Paul Whibley finished 2nd without rear brakes for 2 laps and Josh Strang passed Duvall with a few turns left for a podium. Would be nice to see that Blue without the Orange bikes for a change. good luck!! Sipes hauled in last years ISDE after a few days and hope to see him up front after a few

Post a reply to: Ryan Sipes and GNCC

The Latest