Ryan Hughes rides again?

bv
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 9:45am
Just saw two posts on his instagram and they look to be possibly of him riding again? I know after he broke his back years ago he himself said he would likely never ride again. Just wondering if anyone has seen him out or has heard? I put the links below of the two pics he posted...

http://instagram.com/p/t0GjbgJ0IB/

http://instagram.com/p/t0HMKup0I9/
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/6/2014 8:59am
That can't be Ryno.... He doesnt have a neck brace on
bv
10/6/2014 9:01am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2014 9:11am
MxKing809 wrote:
haha oh geez... Hopefully this doesnt turn into a Ryno bashing session or a big neck brace debate... Regardless of your view on the guy I think it's cool to see a guy who gets knocked down and comes back to what he and all of us love todo ..moto
JeepnMike
10/6/2014 9:05am
MxKing809 wrote:
bv wrote:
haha oh geez... Hopefully this doesnt turn into a Ryno bashing session or a big neck brace debate... Regardless of your view on the guy I...
haha oh geez... Hopefully this doesnt turn into a Ryno bashing session or a big neck brace debate... Regardless of your view on the guy I think it's cool to see a guy who gets knocked down and comes back to what he and all of us love todo ..moto
Oh c'mon.... That had to make you laugh Laughing
bv
10/6/2014 9:12am
MxKing809 wrote:
bv wrote:
haha oh geez... Hopefully this doesnt turn into a Ryno bashing session or a big neck brace debate... Regardless of your view on the guy I...
JeepnMike wrote:
Oh c'mon.... That had to make you laugh Laughing
I did chuckle a bit but all I could think of was oh boy here we go

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/6/2014 9:53am
bv wrote:
Every Hughes post turns to a bashing session...
bv
10/6/2014 10:00am
bv wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
I've noticed and that's pretty sad. The guy is entitled to his two cents. He has accomplished more in this sport than any of us will. And honestly how many people that take the time to bash him have ever met the guy or sat down and talked to the guy? Prolly very few. I had the chance to train with him last year and he was by far one of the nicest, friendliest pro motocrosser's I have ever met. He was very helpful and a great teacher and a all around good dude. Sucks to see him get bashed
Outsider
10/6/2014 10:06am
Cool, but why is this a big deal? He's a motocrosser
nytsmaC
10/6/2014 10:09am
Outsider wrote:
Isn't this the place to discuss motocross and motocross related topics?
O___o
10/6/2014 10:10am
He's passionate, opinionated, and often voices unpopular opinions. Those are 3 qualities that will get you cast-out these days, 66% of the time every time.
bv
10/6/2014 10:11am
Outsider wrote:
Just found it really surprising and kind of cool seeing how he broke his back really really bad about a year and a half ago or so and at one point was lucky to even walk again let alone ride a bike..he himself said he was done and would never ride
40Plus_922mx
10/6/2014 10:11am
I give the guy credit for being a bad ass on a bike for a long time. But some weird stuff falls outta his mouth from time to time.
bv
10/6/2014 10:17am
O___o wrote:
He's passionate, opinionated, and often voices unpopular opinions. Those are 3 qualities that will get you cast-out these days, 66% of the time every time.
That's true. The guy def does not hold back on what he says or believes. He does have a very different perspective on everything that is for sure
Sparkey
10/6/2014 10:42am
Possibly world vets coming up at GH November 1? I know he has done them in the past.
bv
10/6/2014 10:43am
huck wrote:
Besides this...I think Ryan is a pretty cool guy.

https://youtu.be/K8XNOs0AwaE
Yeah he kind of lost his head a bit there but if you listened to the pulpmx show after both guys chalked it up to a racing thing and were putting it behind them...hey everyone makes mistakes..Neither side was innocent I mean Ryno called him over b/c he felt he was cross jumped Lapaglia called him out and challenged him and said if he wanted to he would and remember that and it just escalated out of control...and Lapaglia called him a p**sy which seemed to get under Ryno's skin.
mx317
10/6/2014 10:44am
I knew the fight video was coming. I think Ryno tries to hard to be seen and heard, but no denying his moto talent.
huck
10/6/2014 10:45am
huck wrote:

bv wrote:
Yeah he kind of lost his head a bit there but if you listened to the pulpmx show after both guys chalked it up to a...
Yeah he kind of lost his head a bit there but if you listened to the pulpmx show after both guys chalked it up to a racing thing and were putting it behind them...hey everyone makes mistakes..Neither side was innocent I mean Ryno called him over b/c he felt he was cross jumped Lapaglia called him out and challenged him and said if he wanted to he would and remember that and it just escalated out of control...and Lapaglia called him a p**sy which seemed to get under Ryno's skin.
We've all been there..and not even at that level...so I don't pass judgement. He is extremely passionate in whatever he does, that's for sure!
The Rock
10/6/2014 10:48am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2014 10:49am
bv wrote:
I've noticed and that's pretty sad. The guy is entitled to his two cents. He has accomplished more in this sport than any of us will...
I've noticed and that's pretty sad. The guy is entitled to his two cents. He has accomplished more in this sport than any of us will. And honestly how many people that take the time to bash him have ever met the guy or sat down and talked to the guy? Prolly very few. I had the chance to train with him last year and he was by far one of the nicest, friendliest pro motocrosser's I have ever met. He was very helpful and a great teacher and a all around good dude. Sucks to see him get bashed
Well said and I have had similar positive experiences with him. Ditto with Larry Brooks. Let these guys have their opinions and be able to speak them for what they are. Their opinions. It is always a bummer for me when people like Brooks and Ryno who wear their hearts on their sleeves and are as real as it gets find themselves getting trashed online.

My father told me about five years before he passed "it takes all kinds" and BAM it was like a lightning bolt. Ever since then I do my best to focus on the positive but still wish people could just say "oh I am not a Ryno fan" and leave it at ESPECIALLY since some of them don't have any MX cred aside from sitting in front of their PC or TV with their Fox shirt on or practicing a few times a year or decade.

We would have more industry involvement on the board IMHO if we all would remember our manners. We don't have to necessarily like each other or a rider or agree with each other but that doesn't mean we have to be dicks about it either.
bv
10/6/2014 10:51am
bv wrote:
I've noticed and that's pretty sad. The guy is entitled to his two cents. He has accomplished more in this sport than any of us will...
The Rock wrote:
Well said and I have had similar positive experiences with him. Ditto with Larry Brooks. Let these guys have their opinions and be able to speak...
Well said and I have had similar positive experiences with him. Ditto with Larry Brooks. Let these guys have their opinions and be able to speak them for what they are. Their opinions. It is always a bummer for me when people like Brooks and Ryno who wear their hearts on their sleeves and are as real as it gets find themselves getting trashed online.

My father told me about five years before he passed "it takes all kinds" and BAM it was like a lightning bolt. Ever since then I do my best to focus on the positive but still wish people could just say "oh I am not a Ryno fan" and leave it at ESPECIALLY since some of them don't have any MX cred aside from sitting in front of their PC or TV with their Fox shirt on or practicing a few times a year or decade.

We would have more industry involvement on the board IMHO if we all would remember our manners. We don't have to necessarily like each other or a rider or agree with each other but that doesn't mean we have to be dicks about it either.
VERY well said Rock. It's all about basic manners. Great post man
7eleven
10/6/2014 11:20am
The 2nd pic sure does look like Ryno style. I wouldn't doubt if he is spinning laps just for fun.
I'm at 1 year and 2 days off the bike and i had moto dreams from Southwick last night, no joke!
The desire doesn't leave, you can only try to ignore it.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/6/2014 11:57am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2014 1:00pm
Lighten up Francis.....

For the record, Ryno has talked me out of wearing my neck brace. I like him and although he is polarizing at times, I respect him. It was just a joke because thats all anyone mentions about him anymore
sbyers
10/6/2014 2:23pm
bv wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
bv wrote:
Id be nice to you too, if you were paying me. he he
davistld01
10/6/2014 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2014 3:29pm
Two of the things that runs in any rider's blood is passion & competiveness. We have all done things on the track that were maybe iffy, and we've all had things done to us by others that were the same. This sport is so brutal, and has a tendency to chew you up and spit you out on the level that Ryno and other pros are at. He's seen a hell of a lot more than I have. I don't see Ryno as being anything but passionate about the sport, and what he believes to be truth. He doesn't seem to care if you agree or not...but at least he has the sack to not be a follower, and to say what he believes. I can't see how anyody can bash anybody for that.
wydopen
10/6/2014 3:53pm
bv wrote:
This ^

Guys a badass....
EastCoastMx
10/6/2014 4:02pm
I wish him well...concusions are a bitch to overcome.....
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
10/6/2014 4:08pm
Ryno always rode with a lot heart. Don't always agree with his actions or his opinions, but you can't deny his heart.
elementmx
10/6/2014 4:28pm
Im a ryno fan. Tons of passion for the sport, and the techniques he teaches are legit.

Pumped to see him ride again. I returned from an injury inspired retirement and its cool to see him back too.
500guy
10/6/2014 5:40pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Ryno always rode with a lot heart. Don't always agree with his actions or his opinions, but you can't deny his heart.
Yup and if he is back riding I hope He just enjoys it and doesn't race, that last back injury was way to close of a call.

He can do other things.
machine
10/6/2014 5:56pm
huck wrote:

bv wrote:
Yeah he kind of lost his head a bit there but if you listened to the pulpmx show after both guys chalked it up to a...
Honesty, I think if he had won that fight people would respect him more. If you talk the talk and can't walk the walk, people lose respect...it's just how it works, good or bad...

Post a reply to: Ryan Hughes rides again?

The Latest