Ryan Dungey on Honeymoon in St. Lucia

hvaughn88
11/13/2014 9:11am
agn5009 wrote:
This is soo fucking weird
I think so as well. Maybe for the wrong reasons... Is the thread weird for the original post about Ryan or the stupid Sarah Marshal comment...
I think so as well. Maybe for the wrong reasons...
Is the thread weird for the original post about Ryan or the stupid Sarah Marshal comment and video being posted??

If people don't like it then please leave it alone...
my bad dude. It's cool that he took time away from his honeymoon to do that. I'll admit, after seeing the pictures it's not as weird as I was picturing. I was picturing more of the "camera guy in the bushes" type as opposed to a press conference.
Rizzo
11/13/2014 9:27am
agn5009 wrote:
This is soo fucking weird
I think so as well. Maybe for the wrong reasons... Is the thread weird for the original post about Ryan or the stupid Sarah Marshal comment...
I think so as well. Maybe for the wrong reasons...
Is the thread weird for the original post about Ryan or the stupid Sarah Marshal comment and video being posted??

If people don't like it then please leave it alone...
The movie clip is a bit of humor or parody so to speak. What I think is cool is that even in St Lucia, there is a fan base and passion for MX. I went to Sandals in Jamaica on my honeymoon, it was brand new resort and everyone was super nice and accommodating. I think its awesome that despite race or sex or US or another country, that MX has reached a huge audience even in St Lucia and that a fan of the sport is just that and not judged otherwise, you don't have to be blonde hair and blue eyes from SoCal to like Dungey or MX. I'm sure RD knows and appreciates that you and your staff went above and beyond to welcome them, that tile piece will hang on his wall at home and be a great memory of their time there, that's cool in my book.
jasonv43
11/13/2014 11:38am
For the record I think it's really cool as well.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
11/13/2014 11:52am
I guess my invite got lost in the mail...

I'll remember that, Ryan.

The Shop

Cygnus
11/13/2014 12:04pm
I'm a bigger RD5 fan after reading this. Dude and his wife took time out of a very special time of thier lives to share it with crazy moto fans when there was no reason to do so. Kids just so down to earth and seems to truly love the fans.
mx338
11/13/2014 12:16pm
Nice Island for sure I honeymooned there .. Good Choice Ryan and congratulations again ...
Kawaboy14
11/13/2014 12:19pm
This is a really cool experience for an island........those kids will be moto fans the rest of their lives!
Ardfarkl
11/13/2014 12:30pm
Probably of minor interest but a friend of mine that works at the Sandals Grande Hotel here in St. Lucia, West Indies bounced into Ryan and...
Probably of minor interest but a friend of mine that works at the Sandals Grande Hotel here in St. Lucia, West Indies bounced into Ryan and his new bride today and somewhat embarrassingly did not recognize him for hell even though he is a motocross rider and huge supercross fan! Eventually his wife had to tell him who he is!!

I found the Dungey's wedding website with a picture of the handsome couple: http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Siegle-Dungey/view/4612167553671813/4183…

Kind of cool that they chose a Caribbean island in my neck of the woods for their honeymoon! Apparently they leave on Thursday to head back home.

Hopefully my friend will get a couple of pics with him before he leaves.

Chris

What kind of bike do you have Chris? "03 CRF 450?
hvaughn88
11/13/2014 12:40pm
yup, feeling like a bit of dick for the sara marshall joke now
Gringoe
11/13/2014 12:56pm
Cygnus wrote:
I'm a bigger RD5 fan after reading this. Dude and his wife took time out of a very special time of thier lives to share it...
I'm a bigger RD5 fan after reading this. Dude and his wife took time out of a very special time of thier lives to share it with crazy moto fans when there was no reason to do so. Kids just so down to earth and seems to truly love the fans.
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised at all if everyone else would of locked themselves In the room for a week and sneak in sneak out weary of these moto heads Grinning

That's good stuff though. It doesn't suprise me with dungey, never hear of him being a dick. Minnesota is a good place to raise children apparently.
peelout
11/13/2014 12:56pm
Cygnus wrote:
I'm a bigger RD5 fan after reading this. Dude and his wife took time out of a very special time of thier lives to share it...
yep, same here
dirtnapper
11/13/2014 1:44pm
Add my opinion to the "not weird" category. I think its an awesome story, and nice pics from a true fan. Thanks for the thread, OP.
Rizzo
11/13/2014 2:56pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
yup, feeling like a bit of dick for the sara marshall joke now
I thought it was funny. Basically a similar scenario, but of course the movie over emphasizes the awkwardness. I took it as more tongue in cheek, if I was the person you directed it to, I would laugh and not really take offense. I say good game bro, good game.
11/13/2014 4:00pm
I'm pretty sure the last thing Dungey wanted to do on his HONEYMOON was to participate in an improvised press conference. He's just too nice to say no. Personally, I would have just said hello to him, chatted a little and left him to his own devices. He rarely gets any time off from MX, and was probably really looking forward to leaving that part of his life behind on his HONEYMOON.
jmx411
11/13/2014 4:02pm
I'm pretty sure the last thing Dungey wanted to do on his HONEYMOON was to participate in an improvised press conference. He's just too nice to...
I'm pretty sure the last thing Dungey wanted to do on his HONEYMOON was to participate in an improvised press conference. He's just too nice to say no. Personally, I would have just said hello to him, chatted a little and left him to his own devices. He rarely gets any time off from MX, and was probably really looking forward to leaving that part of his life behind on his HONEYMOON.
Are you Villopotos PR guy?
11/13/2014 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 5:37pm
Ardfarkl wrote:
What kind of bike do you have Chris? "03 CRF 450?

Thats me in the middle with an old friend Bill Westerveld, (my wife is behind me) he, myself and another friend Wayne Quintyne were the first to start riding dirt bikes in St. Lucia.

Thats me (Number 10 around 1990) on my first proper dirt bike, a 1987 CR250, after that I had a 1990 KX 250 and after that a 95 CR250 which when I sold in 2000 I retired from all forms of bike riding until just recently.

I purchased this 2005 BMW R850 last week from the St. Lucia Police force with only 9,983 km on it. Apparently it broke down about five years ago and no one could fix it. Well I'm not sure what the hell was wrong with it but I have it running but need to service it and repaint it so that it no longer looks like a police bike...

Presently motocross in St. lucia is pretty dead, hopefully the SMX club will get up and going again to get some renewed interest with the riders. Motocross bikes are very expensive to purchase and ship to St. Lucia so unless the parents are quite well off getting young promising riders onto decent bikes is difficult.

I'd like to thank everyone for commenting and taking your time out to read my fan based thread on Ryan here in St. Lucia. The majority of the fans here support Stewart but I think Ryan won a lot of them over. I know I have been! I was a huge Reed fan as my parents are Aussi's but I will definitely he switching allegiance!!

Usually I have a bunch of guys over to watch the first Supercross race of the season, however I will be in Omaha NE for the first race and won't be back home till the 7th so will have to catch up with the guys for the second race....
11/13/2014 6:16pm
Gringoe wrote:
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised at all if everyone else would of locked themselves In the room for a week and sneak in sneak out weary...
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised at all if everyone else would of locked themselves In the room for a week and sneak in sneak out weary of these moto heads Grinning

That's good stuff though. It doesn't suprise me with dungey, never hear of him being a dick. Minnesota is a good place to raise children apparently.
Definitely good upbringing!! He is a guy that does not take everything for granted!

As for hiding from his fan base, I don't believe that any Supercross pro on holiday in a Caribbean island would be recognized by anyone but the true faithful and the majority of guests at a Sandals hotel are not I believe made up of that demographic!! Certainly the workers at the hotel would not be expected to be amongst the same group!!

By the way someone who posted here mistook me for my friend Terroll that works at Sandals. I don't, just to clarify that...
11/13/2014 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 6:35pm
Wow, very cool to see Dungey both getting some international press and that he and Lindsey were so cool with it during their honeymoon! Thanks for sharing, Lucia! Way to keep the moto spirit alive in your corner of the world

I unexpectedly ran into Dungey about a year ago at a country music concert here in Charlotte, North Carolina. The concert was Dustin Lynch, who apparently is really good friends with The Dunge, since he randomly brought him out on stage during his show to sing some silly song and then chug a beer (I nearly spit my drink out, I wasn't expecting any of this; I was just on a random date with my girl) Chatted with him and Austin Dillon (NASCAR driver) in the bar area afterwards (Ryan was.... having a good time) and got this picture. That's me in the black Fox shirt, completely abandoning my girlfriend who is on the far right, because I was still geekin out over such a random RD5 sighting haha

Gringoe
11/13/2014 6:44pm
Wow, very cool to see Dungey both getting some international press and that he and Lindsey were so cool with it during their honeymoon! Thanks for...
Wow, very cool to see Dungey both getting some international press and that he and Lindsey were so cool with it during their honeymoon! Thanks for sharing, Lucia! Way to keep the moto spirit alive in your corner of the world

I unexpectedly ran into Dungey about a year ago at a country music concert here in Charlotte, North Carolina. The concert was Dustin Lynch, who apparently is really good friends with The Dunge, since he randomly brought him out on stage during his show to sing some silly song and then chug a beer (I nearly spit my drink out, I wasn't expecting any of this; I was just on a random date with my girl) Chatted with him and Austin Dillon (NASCAR driver) in the bar area afterwards (Ryan was.... having a good time) and got this picture. That's me in the black Fox shirt, completely abandoning my girlfriend who is on the far right, because I was still geekin out over such a random RD5 sighting haha

Rd5 chugged a.... A a beer???????? On stage?!??? The masses will be in a uproar!!!
adamdf
11/13/2014 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 7:06pm
Wow what an afternoon!! My friend called me yesterday to say that he had spoken to Ryan and he had agreed to meet with a bunch...
Wow what an afternoon!! My friend called me yesterday to say that he had spoken to Ryan and he had agreed to meet with a bunch of enthusiast and some members of the press. So it was arranged that we would all meet at Sandals hotel where we had use of the boat dock/restaurant area where we could spend some time with Ryan and also let him be questioned by a few members from the local TV stations.

He was extremely gracious as was Lindsay his beautiful bride and I think they were amazed by the appreciation that we all had for him to go out of his way and entertain us. He won us all over and I think we are fans for life!!

We were amazed at how grounded he is and down to earth, he's the kind of guy I would like to hang out with. Although he has traveled overseas, this was apparently his first holiday ever out of the US!

I took all of the photos below except for the two that I am in, I also had him sign a St. Louis Supercross shirt I got when I went up to the US just for the Supercross back in March, we chatted about the race and a bit about Roczen leaving the team. He mentioned that because they knew Roczen was leaving, they did not give him the new bikes to test on which Ryan says are a huge improvement to the 2014 bike he was riding.

I chatted to Lindsay and asked her if he was still training whilst on holiday and she said he was. He was spending time in the gym sometimes spending two sessions a day! Apparently he has a new trainer and he has been given strict instructions!

I think it would be hard to find a nicer pro racer than Ryan and here in St. Lucia we will be rooting for him to win the 2015 championship!

The Dunge!!

The press looks on.

Pigeon Island in the background.

Thats the friend that I have been talking about!! HIs name is Terroll Compton and he is the Dive Shop manager and ex President of the St. Lucia Motocross Club of which I was a founding member.

Thats me on the left. The others are past members of the SLMX club.

Ryan and Lindsay were presented with a ceramic tile with a photo from their wedding which they seemed to appreciate.

A kiss for the cameras!

A group photo with various motocross riders past and present.
Hey Lucian! I'm Adam de Freitas, here in Barbados, I used to come over to St Lucia to race you guys once a year when you had the Annual MX race by the beach, I came when I was 13 (17 years ago!), on a 1998 YZ125. ...had a blast and came back a couple times since then. Great to see you guys got to meet Dungey and the team.

PS...is that Wayne Quintin?!!!
11/13/2014 8:03pm
adamdf wrote:
Hey Lucian! I'm Adam de Freitas, here in Barbados, I used to come over to St Lucia to race you guys once a year when you...
Hey Lucian! I'm Adam de Freitas, here in Barbados, I used to come over to St Lucia to race you guys once a year when you had the Annual MX race by the beach, I came when I was 13 (17 years ago!), on a 1998 YZ125. ...had a blast and came back a couple times since then. Great to see you guys got to meet Dungey and the team.

PS...is that Wayne Quintin?!!!
Hi Adam!! I remember you!! You were the only other white kid that ever came over from any of the English speaking islands to ride!! The Martiniquans had their share of bi racial racers, and no matter what color they were they used to kick our asses!!

Nice to hear from you, yes that is Wayne in the back with the helmet on in the last picture and next to Ryan in the fifth picture. He still races a bit of super moto but has pretty much stopped racing motocross. He's our old veteran and can still put some of the younger kids to shame!!

Are you still riding?? Do you have any pictures of racing here in St. Lucia back in those days??
Kawaboy14
11/14/2014 5:20am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2014 5:21am
Is it possible to be on the island and rent a ride? We are looking at being on an island for for 2 or 3 months next year
11/16/2014 1:09pm
Kawaboy14 wrote:
Is it possible to be on the island and rent a ride? We are looking at being on an island for for 2 or 3 months...
Is it possible to be on the island and rent a ride? We are looking at being on an island for for 2 or 3 months next year
Unfortunately it is not possible to get comprehensive insurance for motorcycles here in St. Lucia so nobody rents out anything but scooters and small 125cc street bikes. I can put you in touch with someone who rents small Yamaha street bikes if you are interested...
11/16/2014 1:11pm
Ryan posted on his Instagram page some photos and the following comment but check out the link: http://instagram.com/p/vcObD6HH9v/

"Met some great people in St. Lucia at the @sandalsresorts grande and they happened to be in to motocross as well! Couldn't believe it, very random on a island, but we were able to spend a few days together talking and hopefully even building the motocross community there, they have great people behind them and can't wait to go back and check out again hopefully one day soon! Hello to my friends Terroll Compton and Kevin Elcock @daran_ynm Rossi and Roofus and everyone on the island
kawasa84
11/16/2014 2:59pm
This has been a really cool post. I keep Castries on my quick weather report to see what the weather is like on the island almost everyday. Wife and I are also planning a trip. Was planning on May during the off peak season to save some money.
Dungey is the man for doing that.
I wondered, with the "Sandals" putting out a promo behind the press conference, did the Dunge get some kind of a discount??
11/16/2014 4:15pm
kawasa84 wrote:
This has been a really cool post. I keep Castries on my quick weather report to see what the weather is like on the island almost...
This has been a really cool post. I keep Castries on my quick weather report to see what the weather is like on the island almost everyday. Wife and I are also planning a trip. Was planning on May during the off peak season to save some money.
Dungey is the man for doing that.
I wondered, with the "Sandals" putting out a promo behind the press conference, did the Dunge get some kind of a discount??
Pretty sure Sandals was just milking it for all it was worth!!!
As for weather, it has been pissing with rain off and on all day... But nice and warm with a decent breeze! Better than the 10 degrees F it was in Omaha NE today where I will be heading for Christmas and New Years!!!
Bob693
11/16/2014 6:01pm
How could you not be a Dungey fan? Much respect. Thanks for the thread and sharing your story.
jmx411
11/16/2014 6:58pm
Ryan posted on his Instagram page some photos and the following comment but check out the link: http://instagram.com/p/vcObD6HH9v/ "Met some great people in St. Lucia at...
Ryan posted on his Instagram page some photos and the following comment but check out the link: http://instagram.com/p/vcObD6HH9v/

"Met some great people in St. Lucia at the @sandalsresorts grande and they happened to be in to motocross as well! Couldn't believe it, very random on a island, but we were able to spend a few days together talking and hopefully even building the motocross community there, they have great people behind them and can't wait to go back and check out again hopefully one day soon! Hello to my friends Terroll Compton and Kevin Elcock @daran_ynm Rossi and Roofus and everyone on the island
This is why Dungey is great for the sport and the growth of it. He appreciates everything he has been given and wants to grow the sport.

Whereas RV wants to complain and act like motocross is the worst thing on the planet.

Like Matthes said a few weeks back, a lot of motocross riders want to "retire" because they think the real world is so much better until they get out in the real world and get a "real" job and realize they didn't have it to bad.

I hope Dungey can win a few more championships because we have a great role model in the sport right now
Francis377
11/17/2014 1:42am
I am a Dungey fan and I think this is something that many RD fans like about him that he takes really good care of his fans no matter if he is inconvenienced by it.

There's another point of view on this which i think is interesting. I worked at several LHW hotels around Europe and all these places had a massive focus on protecting their clients privacy. If a celeb shows up for a private holiday, the last thing you would want is that person being swarmed by random fans and pictures of a holiday that was supposed to be private showing up on the net. Isnt the whole point of those resort destinations that you can get away from all that , and just let your hair down for a little while? from a business point of view, I dont want my hotel to have the reputation that if you come and visit, there will be pictures of you shaking hands with the resort manager and his bros in front of some shitty banner.

but maybe this is why Dungey is so great, he seems happy anyway.

Post a reply to: Ryan Dungey on Honeymoon in St. Lucia

The Latest