Ryan Dungey - Where do you think he'll get in all-time SX wins?

Dx3moto
Edited Date/Time 2/11/2015 11:43am
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2015/01/05/the-list-all-time-sx-wins-list-a…

He sits 10th with 25 wins, but Windham in 6th has 29 wins. How many do you think he'll get when all is said and done with his career? 30+? 35+? I'm winging it and saying he gets 40-45 wins by the time he's done racing Cool Not sure if he'll pass Reed and get that 50+
|
kongols
2/10/2015 12:25pm
That`s an easy ass question.
peelout
2/10/2015 12:28pm
i'm guessing he'll get between 5 and 10 more before he's done. i think he'll win more outdoors than indoors from here on.
Crush
2/10/2015 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 12:31pm
Why would you count both classes? When you wrote 25 I thought huh, thought they said it was his 15th the other day...

He wins about 1-3 a year, barring 2010, given the current comp and he's a bit older than some, or all of the guys he'll have to race out, hard to see him getting much past 25 450 class wins...

Outdoors as Peely says, more there for sure...
mauidex
2/10/2015 12:34pm
you know what was interesting stat, that I never saw on anyone, on the SD broadcast in his piece he had 60 podiums.............pretty impressive I'd say............wonder what the podium stats are for the top 5 all time winners??

The Shop

motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
2/10/2015 12:34pm
Dungey is very Stanton-esqe. Wins races, always in the hunt, trains hard, and wins championships by being consistent.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
2/10/2015 12:39pm
Crush wrote:
Why would you count both classes? When you wrote 25 I thought huh, thought they said it was his 15th the other day... He wins about...
Why would you count both classes? When you wrote 25 I thought huh, thought they said it was his 15th the other day...

He wins about 1-3 a year, barring 2010, given the current comp and he's a bit older than some, or all of the guys he'll have to race out, hard to see him getting much past 25 450 class wins...

Agree - you cant combine 450, 250 and Monster Cup - that is just not smart.
It has Dean Wilson bettering Johnny O - really?

As for Dungey - I think he will get three a year. It all depends on how long he rides. We may only get to see him race another 2-3 years (just guessing).
TailSoHard
2/10/2015 12:41pm
Personally I don't see him getting more than about another 10 wins, especially when you consider the fact that in 3 more years, he'll be one of the old guys racing. If Webb and Cianciarulo keep up the pace through their 250 careers and into the 450s, it'll be tough for Dungey to match that kind of pace, especially when he'll be 28/29 years old racing against 19/20 year olds...
stewie94
2/10/2015 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 12:58pm
TailSoHard wrote:
Personally I don't see him getting more than about another 10 wins, especially when you consider the fact that in 3 more years, he'll be one...
Personally I don't see him getting more than about another 10 wins, especially when you consider the fact that in 3 more years, he'll be one of the old guys racing. If Webb and Cianciarulo keep up the pace through their 250 careers and into the 450s, it'll be tough for Dungey to match that kind of pace, especially when he'll be 28/29 years old racing against 19/20 year olds...
x2 on peely's comment & lol adam gotta stay healthy for a full season1st before we even think about a potential 450 bench racing prediction
TailSoHard
2/10/2015 1:09pm
TailSoHard wrote:
Personally I don't see him getting more than about another 10 wins, especially when you consider the fact that in 3 more years, he'll be one...
stewie94 wrote:
x2 on peely's comment & lol adam gotta stay healthy for a full season1st before we even think about a potential 450 bench racing prediction
Very true, though I think a healthy AC would be hard for Dungey to beat NOW, let alone 3-5 years from now. But yes, it's too early to tell how Adam's career will shape up to be
PressPassP
2/10/2015 1:41pm
Crush wrote:
Why would you count both classes? When you wrote 25 I thought huh, thought they said it was his 15th the other day... He wins about...

Spat24 wrote:
Agree - you cant combine 450, 250 and Monster Cup - that is just not smart. It has Dean Wilson bettering Johnny O - really? As...

As for Dungey - I think he will get three a year. It all depends on how long he rides. We may only get to see him race another 2-3 years (just guessing).
How many races do they do now compared to back in O'Show's day though?
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
2/10/2015 2:00pm
Why is monster energy cup on the list? It is not part of the sx or mx series... its nothing but an off season promo race.
ATKpilot99
2/10/2015 2:22pm
Crush wrote:

Spat24 wrote:
Agree - you cant combine 450, 250 and Monster Cup - that is just not smart. It has Dean Wilson bettering Johnny O - really? As...

PressPassP wrote:
How many races do they do now compared to back in O'Show's day though?
The year O'mara won his title there were 17 races. It was usually in that neighborhood. All of O'maras wins were in the premier class. All of Wilson's wins are regional which don't count on the actual all time SX wins list.
ocscottie
2/10/2015 3:26pm
mauidex wrote:
you know what was interesting stat, that I never saw on anyone, on the SD broadcast in his piece he had 60 podiums.............pretty impressive I'd say............wonder...
you know what was interesting stat, that I never saw on anyone, on the SD broadcast in his piece he had 60 podiums.............pretty impressive I'd say............wonder what the podium stats are for the top 5 all time winners??
From last weeks Racerhead

Last Saturday night's win marked Ryan Dungey's sixtieth career podium in premier-class Monster Energy AMA Supercross. The Red Bull KTM rider is just the ninth rider of all time to get at least sixty podiums. Earlier this season the Australian legend, Chad Reed, got his 126th podium, the most in the sport's history. Reed also got his sixtieth podium in just the seventieth race of his SX career in 2007, having debuted in the premier class part-time in 2002 and full-time the next season.

Jeremy McGrath is next on the list. He collected 111 podiums during his career, earning his sixtieth podium at what was his seventy-sixth race in 1998. McGrath debuted in premier class as a part-timer in 1992, full-time in '93.

Ricky Carmichael gathered eighty-seven podiums during his career. RC got his sixtieth podium on his eighty-sixth race in 2005. The Floridian raced in the elite division for first time in 1999.

Mike LaRocco picked up eighty-one podiums in all. But he didn't get his sixtieth podium until his 161st race in 2001. LaRocco had debuted in the premier class back in 1989.

James Stewart has seventy-six podiums in 450SX. Stewart got his sixtieth podium on his seventy-fifth race in 2011. He debuted in premier class in 2005.

Kevin Windham was able to get seventy-five podiums during his SX career. Windham got his sixtieth podium on his 140th race in 2008, having debuted in the premier class (part-time) in 1996.

Jeff Ward earned sixty-six podiums and two AMA Supercross Championships. Wardy got his sixtieth podium on his 137th race in 1991; he turned pro in 1979, back when there was only one class.

Ryan Villopoto gained sixty-three podiums in his career. He got his sixtieth podium on his ninetieth race in 2014. Villopoto's first 450SX race was in 2009.

And now there is Ryan Dungey, who got his sixtieth podium on his eighty-eighth race. Dungey's first 450SX race was in 2008. Only Chad Reed, Jeremy McGrath, James Stewart, and Ricky Carmichael were able to reach sixty podiums sooner than Dungey.

Also, Dungey has now won in six consecutive seasons. James Stewart is the all-time record-holder here with wins in ten consecutive seasons (though that is obviously coming to an end), then Jeremy McGrath (nine), Jeff Ward (eight), Chad Reed (seven), then Ryan Villopoto and Rick Johnson (six each).
mauidex
2/10/2015 3:45pm
figures scottie didn't read it last week!! interesting and thanks...............right up there wit the best of them..........just not quite as good at top spot..............cream sure rises to the top though it seems
mark_swart
2/10/2015 4:18pm
This is where he ends up in all time wins. He had it all planned out when he took the number!

brimx153
2/10/2015 4:31pm
TailSoHard wrote:
stewie94 wrote:
TailSoHard wrote:
Very true, though I think a healthy AC would be hard for Dungey to beat NOW, let alone 3-5 years from now. But yes, it's too...
Very true, though I think a healthy AC would be hard for Dungey to beat NOW, let alone 3-5 years from now. But yes, it's too early to tell how Adam's career will shape up to be
this is such bullshit . the little respect dungey gets is unreal .why cant people see how fast the guy is . and I bet in 3 yrs time he will still be as fast . like what you saying is the stupidest thing ive read here . you honestly think AC would be able to beat kroc , tomac ,trey, reed etc etc right now . cause guess what dungey is .
bd
2/10/2015 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 4:52pm
Dunge is a beast. In the next 3 years, his over under in SX wins is 9. A lot can happen in three years - a win streak, an injury. This going off the past. In my opinion, he wins 3 races this year and can easily win the title. People compare him Stanton..... I think Dunge's technique and style are superior to Stanton's technique and style. As KROC moves out of Baker's Factory, Dungey is moving in.... and will be better.

There are some very fast riders (projected in 3 years);

* Canard
* Dungey
* Reed
* Roczen
* Stewart
* Tomac

Maybe

* Anderson
* Seeley

The field is deep.
bd
2/10/2015 4:51pm
stewie94 wrote:
TailSoHard wrote:
Very true, though I think a healthy AC would be hard for Dungey to beat NOW, let alone 3-5 years from now. But yes, it's too...
brimx153 wrote:
this is such bullshit . the little respect dungey gets is unreal .why cant people see how fast the guy is . and I bet in...
this is such bullshit . the little respect dungey gets is unreal .why cant people see how fast the guy is . and I bet in 3 yrs time he will still be as fast . like what you saying is the stupidest thing ive read here . you honestly think AC would be able to beat kroc , tomac ,trey, reed etc etc right now . cause guess what dungey is .
Its bait..... ignore it
h&m_cycle
2/10/2015 7:21pm
Change the rules, the rider with the most wins WINS the championship. the score is 2-2 right now between #41 & #94

If a guy falls, & knows he can't win, either pull off or continue for the few extra bucks, (example Tomac)

malachi177
2/10/2015 8:13pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Change the rules, the rider with the most wins WINS the championship. the score is 2-2 right now between #41 & #94 If a guy falls...
Change the rules, the rider with the most wins WINS the championship. the score is 2-2 right now between #41 & #94

If a guy falls, & knows he can't win, either pull off or continue for the few extra bucks, (example Tomac)

Huh
h&m_cycle
2/10/2015 8:24pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Change the rules, the rider with the most wins WINS the championship. the score is 2-2 right now between #41 & #94 If a guy falls...

malachi177 wrote:
Huh
What's wrong with the guy with the most wins winning the title? Just Win Baby
Only One Rider On That Podium...

https://youtu.be/0RAlrzcdfRY
2/10/2015 9:28pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

What's wrong, for starters, is that the championship could potentially be won at round 9.
h&m_cycle
2/10/2015 9:47pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

What's wrong, for starters, is that the championship could potentially be won at round 9.
better then watching Dungey ride to a 7th place finish in Vegas if that's all he needs... Just win babyEvil
jeffro503
2/10/2015 9:51pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

Umm?......what? No offense here.....but that is just fucking stupid. A guy could win the first 9 races then take the rest of the year off? Blink

Or when he finally gets 9 wins.......he just doesn't need to race the other 8 rounds?

Did you think of this all by yourself?
h&m_cycle
2/10/2015 10:00pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Umm?......what? No offense here.....but that is just fucking stupid. A guy could win the first 9 races then take the rest of the year off? :blink...
Umm?......what? No offense here.....but that is just fucking stupid. A guy could win the first 9 races then take the rest of the year off? Blink

Or when he finally gets 9 wins.......he just doesn't need to race the other 8 rounds?

Did you think of this all by yourself?
I'm half joking.... It could work, just do resets to ZERO for the WINNERS through the series, like nascar. Dungey won't be
called the diesel anymore.

That was bullshit when Terry Labontee won the title in nascar without winning a race. nascar fixed it so it wouldn't happen
again
malachi177
2/10/2015 10:23pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
I'm half joking.... It could work, just do resets to ZERO for the WINNERS through the series, like nascar. Dungey won't be called the diesel anymore...
I'm half joking.... It could work, just do resets to ZERO for the WINNERS through the series, like nascar. Dungey won't be

That was bullshit when Terry Labontee won the title in nascar without winning a race. nascar fixed it so it wouldn't happen
again
You're acting like Dungey hasn't won a friggin race this year. He has one less victory then Kroc or Trey. FFS think before you typePinch
Rooster
2/11/2015 12:45am
He's in RJ territory already, there's no reason to think he'd ever finish anywhere below that.
ATKpilot99
2/11/2015 1:56am
Rooster wrote:
He's in RJ territory already, there's no reason to think he'd ever finish anywhere below that.
All of RJs wins were in the premier class, Dungey needs 13 more to tie him.
fidiot
2/11/2015 4:53am
Dungey just turned 26 years old. So far he has managed to avoid major injuries. He seems like the kind of guy who just loves to race and ride his dirt bike. I could see him racing another 5 years. Figure an average of 2-3 wins per year you get another 10-15 wins. Therefore I think he will finish his career with around 35-40 SX wins. His podium numbers have got to be ridiculous though.
h&m_cycle
2/11/2015 6:56am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2015 6:58am
h&m_cycle wrote:
I'm half joking.... It could work, just do resets to ZERO for the WINNERS through the series, like nascar. Dungey won't be called the diesel anymore...

again
malachi177 wrote:
You're acting like Dungey hasn't won a friggin race this year. He has one less victory then Kroc or Trey. FFS think before you typePinch
Yeah right, you got a thread on here called" BOAT", Dungey best of all time, go after those idiots...His team MANAGER
blows his doors off... The Man....

Post a reply to: Ryan Dungey - Where do you think he'll get in all-time SX wins?

The Latest