Ryan Dowd helmet Cam

jndmx
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2015 11:10am
Hello.....

Put my GoPro on Ryan Dowd Sunday at Winchester Speedpark during the A practice if you want to check it out....
Kid is hauling the mail.

Set your player to 720HD for optimal viewing.

https://youtu.be/dBa988nOCHc
|
tzmike
5/12/2015 10:42am
I enjoy the Go Pro vids. BUT, as a rider & former racer, I get bored looking at the tip of the front fender. Instinctively trying to "look ahead" to the next obstacle. Good for the rider wearing it to review his lines, not so much to share with viewers who don't know the track in question.
racerx221
5/12/2015 10:46am
tzmike wrote:
I enjoy the Go Pro vids. BUT, as a rider & former racer, I get bored looking at the tip of the front fender. Instinctively trying...
I enjoy the Go Pro vids. BUT, as a rider & former racer, I get bored looking at the tip of the front fender. Instinctively trying to "look ahead" to the next obstacle. Good for the rider wearing it to review his lines, not so much to share with viewers who don't know the track in question.
yeah it needs to be adjusted just right, don't get me started on chesty cam...
mtl
5/12/2015 10:52am
Winchester has good dirt, but damn do they need to change the layout. It looks almost identical to 2 years ago...

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/12/2015 11:09am
mtl wrote:
Winchester has good dirt, but damn do they need to change the layout. It looks almost identical to 2 years ago...
Ya, loved the dirt there
jndmx
5/12/2015 11:43am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 11:44am
tzmike wrote:
I enjoy the Go Pro vids. BUT, as a rider & former racer, I get bored looking at the tip of the front fender. Instinctively trying...
racerx221 wrote:
yeah it needs to be adjusted just right, don't get me started on chesty cam...
Yeah I was not completely thrilled with the angle either, it's a work in progress.
I am trying to split the difference between looking at the fender tip and a shot of the clouds....lol.

The track has changed quite a bit from years past but the essence of the racing surface there is based on an old school idea.
Leave it deep and loamy and you have a track with multiple lines that change throughout the day.
The obstacles may be similar but the track looks different every lap during the race.

Thanks for checking it out guys....
pete24
5/12/2015 11:53am
i rode there sunday, its way different than last year, i liked the layout, and of course Dave has the nicest track in new england
racerx221
5/12/2015 11:57am
pete24 wrote:
i rode there sunday, its way different than last year, i liked the layout, and of course Dave has the nicest track in new england
come on bro...
Sixeightone
5/12/2015 12:33pm
Have to disagree with you there Pete! Mx207 is the best track in the north east hands down...
racerx221
5/12/2015 12:40pm
Have to disagree with you there Pete! Mx207 is the best track in the north east hands down...
see its a bold statement pete, come on 681...
Uncle Tony
5/12/2015 12:52pm
Keith has the best track in New England, they use to hold a national there
mtl
5/12/2015 12:55pm
You guys are smoking rocks if you think Winchester or 207 are the best tracks. Both are on flat ground and have fun layouts that flow with pretty good dirt.

Buuuuut, Jolly's has elevation change and a mix of different types of dirt with a layout that is really fun to ride. The only ba part is a few corners have a lot of rocks in them. I'd take that over both Winchester and 207.

Cant forget Southwick. I'd put that track ahead of Winchester and 207 also..
Uncle Tony
5/12/2015 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 1:01pm
Loved the old jolly's it was awesome, like a euro track the new track wasn't that good, hopefully they get it going again
RangerLee
5/12/2015 1:05pm
tzmike wrote:
Agreed, I wonder why so many go-pros are mounted with a non-optimized view. I think too many line up the camera straight along the visor or out the front not thinking that the riders head is tilted slightly, leaving this downward view.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/12/2015 2:31pm
racerx221 wrote:
alright im gonna settle this best new England track quandary right here this instant

http://ctmotocross.com/

BAM! thank me later bro
Fun track but mx207 is more bettterer! Cool
pete24
5/12/2015 2:32pm
lemme make myself a little clearer, i love all the other tracks, and i would never want to see one fail, but there is no denying that WSP is the nicest facility, as in the mowed grass pit, kiddie playground, full service shop on site,indoor bathrooms, and a super professional announcer, Dave works his ass of and thats why he has the nicest track
racerx221
5/12/2015 2:37pm
pete24 wrote:
lemme make myself a little clearer, i love all the other tracks, and i would never want to see one fail, but there is no denying...
lemme make myself a little clearer, i love all the other tracks, and i would never want to see one fail, but there is no denying that WSP is the nicest facility, as in the mowed grass pit, kiddie playground, full service shop on site,indoor bathrooms, and a super professional announcer, Dave works his ass of and thats why he has the nicest track
aw pete, just some good ol yankee ribbing is all. you can like wsp. its all good.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/12/2015 2:48pm
racerx221 wrote:
alright im gonna settle this best new England track quandary right here this instant

http://ctmotocross.com/

BAM! thank me later bro
seth505 wrote:
racerx221 wrote:
hahaha, have you been to ct moto?
Ya, I liked it a lot as well. It has been several years to be honest as I live in CA now.
Uncle Tony
5/12/2015 2:51pm
pete24 wrote:
lemme make myself a little clearer, i love all the other tracks, and i would never want to see one fail, but there is no denying...
Absolutely Pete24 I agree on that, me I rate the track at 6 but the facilities a 10
racerx221
5/12/2015 3:04pm
seth505 wrote:
racerx221 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Ya, I liked it a lot as well. It has been several years to be honest as I live in CA now.
ok just checking, i actually HATE that place and will never go back...well at least i don't want to, but when i do i wont like it. promise. peace
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/12/2015 3:08pm
racerx221 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
racerx221 wrote:
ok just checking, i actually HATE that place and will never go back...well at least i don't want to, but when i do i wont like...
ok just checking, i actually HATE that place and will never go back...well at least i don't want to, but when i do i wont like it. promise. peace
Haha, I had fun on it but the dirt was horrible compared to wsp or 207 that's for sure.
jndmx
5/12/2015 6:12pm
Well I guess it's unanimous.....we have some awesome tracks here in New England!

I am partial to Winchester of course because I have been working there for 10+ years and can see the sweat and hard work that has gone in.
Old school rough and we make sure that everyone that comes to the track has fun, something for the whole family even if they don't race....playground, bmx pump track, rope swings, BBQ's, Bonfires etc.....

But........
Danny Stu and the crew at 207 have a gorgeous track, awesome dirt and they do a great job.
Mike Hemonds and the crew have quite likely the most scenic and pretty spot with killer elevation changes.
Southwick....hey come on what can you say....they are bringing it back to life and I am totally stoked to see it back to the original direction.

Crow Hill has been a great addition to the NE scene and the Marshalls have done great with the spot and the J-Day stuff.

Jolly's has great potential but they didn't take care of it....in 2001 it was gorgeous, now not so much but still a fun track if you watch the rocks.

CTMX is a cool spot and Tony has put in a ton of work to keep it challenging and fun over the years, great practice track.

If you're a New England rider, you've got some great spots to run and that's good news for the sport.
mtl
5/12/2015 7:42pm
jndmx wrote:
Well I guess it's unanimous.....we have some awesome tracks here in New England! I am partial to Winchester of course because I have been working there...
Well I guess it's unanimous.....we have some awesome tracks here in New England!

I am partial to Winchester of course because I have been working there for 10+ years and can see the sweat and hard work that has gone in.
Old school rough and we make sure that everyone that comes to the track has fun, something for the whole family even if they don't race....playground, bmx pump track, rope swings, BBQ's, Bonfires etc.....

But........
Danny Stu and the crew at 207 have a gorgeous track, awesome dirt and they do a great job.
Mike Hemonds and the crew have quite likely the most scenic and pretty spot with killer elevation changes.
Southwick....hey come on what can you say....they are bringing it back to life and I am totally stoked to see it back to the original direction.

Crow Hill has been a great addition to the NE scene and the Marshalls have done great with the spot and the J-Day stuff.

Jolly's has great potential but they didn't take care of it....in 2001 it was gorgeous, now not so much but still a fun track if you watch the rocks.

CTMX is a cool spot and Tony has put in a ton of work to keep it challenging and fun over the years, great practice track.

If you're a New England rider, you've got some great spots to run and that's good news for the sport.
But you only ride them 6 months of the year.

Since I move to SF from Boston 2 years ago I've come up with the Cali-Northeast paradox theory: Terrible dirt, great weather vs great dirt and garbage weather...

Which would you choose?
5/12/2015 8:39pm
Why cant people understand a helmet cam has to be aimed at the moon to view right?

I can understand making this mistake once but I learned this in 1995 with Sony lipstick cams.
5/12/2015 9:40pm
All u new england guys are spoiled!lol, all we have here in nj is E town, im not a fan of the place, the track is pretty good,the facility is horrendous, theirs actually a new track in millvile nj, ive heard nothing but good things , I ll check it out soon..I personally LOVE southwick!
jndmx
5/13/2015 3:55am
mtl wrote:
But you only ride them 6 months of the year. Since I move to SF from Boston 2 years ago I've come up with the Cali-Northeast...
But you only ride them 6 months of the year.

Since I move to SF from Boston 2 years ago I've come up with the Cali-Northeast paradox theory: Terrible dirt, great weather vs great dirt and garbage weather...

Which would you choose?
That's the "Sophie's Choice" of racers.....lol.

I gotta go with the great dirt and lousy weather.....less traffic too.
Laughing

jndmx
5/13/2015 4:05am
Why cant people understand a helmet cam has to be aimed at the moon to view right? I can understand making this mistake once but I...
Why cant people understand a helmet cam has to be aimed at the moon to view right?

I can understand making this mistake once but I learned this in 1995 with Sony lipstick cams.
No worries man....I have a new rig ready for next week that should be much better.

Check it out....

Post a reply to: Ryan Dowd helmet Cam

The Latest