Ross Maeda benefit ride day 10/9 @ Starwest

swap
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:10pm
Hello all! It's been nearly a year since my brother Ross Maeda suffered paralyzing injuries in a crash at Starwest MX Park, but he continues to make progress and is determined to make a full recovery. He's had some ups and downs in the past 11 months, but one thing remains consistent: his fighting spirit and upbeat attitude. Currently, Ross makes it in to work at enzo racing several times per week, works out at the Goodwill Fitness Center four times per week, and has a weekly therapy session at Project Walk and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatment at the Whitaker Wellness Institute.

As it has been since the day he was injured, my goal is to help my brother as much as I possibly can, in every way possible. Last year, we held an amazing benefit ride day at Perris Raceway and the response and support was overwhelming for me, Ross, and our families. Because insurance only covers so little, being faced with time in a wheelchair can be ridiculously expensive, especially if you are determined to get better. As it stands, insurance companies only want to help you become accustomed to your new life in a chair, and will not cover any additional therapies or equipment.

Ross has shown me some of the new developments that he has enjoyed in recent months - the most surprising being his ability to "rise" into a hands and knees position and hold himself there - and I just know that there's plenty more to come.

Malcolm McCassy Sr. has been awesome, and had donated the track to help Ross out. We are having a ride day on Saturday, October 9, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Last year, the track at Perris was so packed that it wasn't very fun to spin some laps, but with the 13-hour window that Starwest MX Park has granted us this year, I'm sure that there will be room to accommodate everyone. If you are in town, please...come out and help me, help Ross.

Thanks!
swap

|
jndmx
9/13/2010 1:04pm
Bump to keep this up top.

Glad to hear that Ross is hanging in there and staying positive.
Keep up the fight man!!

Hope you guys raise a lot of money Swap.
newmann
9/13/2010 1:13pm
Is Ross doing any suspension work himself? I have a couple special projects that I had wanted him to look at for me.
Sunhouse
9/13/2010 3:15pm
Bump! Ross is a very nice man, and I´m sure a very good brother!
this should be a sticky

The Shop

9/13/2010 4:49pm
Malcolm is a good guy despite all the flack he has taken. But I'm proud of Maeda-san for his fighting spirit and hard work, I believe one day he will be walking. Wish I could be there in person.
TeamGreen
9/13/2010 5:01pm
There's a guy with one-foot missing, a Yosh-RMZ, a Silver Medal and Enzo suspension...

I'm sending him there to roost all over Swap!

Hey, Donn, is there gonna be stuff to bid on?
Trip
9/13/2010 5:27pm
Damn, wish my bike wasn't broke..bump
Friday
9/13/2010 6:10pm
In,in,in!!Smile
swap
9/14/2010 4:49pm
Thanks, GuyB Smile
G-man
9/15/2010 12:31pm
Cool deal Donn, wish I could make it but won't be able to.

Are T-shirts still available, I would like to get one?

If not where can I send a donation?

Hope your Brother is doing better

Thanks,

Gary
ridge
9/15/2010 3:39pm
I'll be there Donn. I'll try to bring as many friends as I can. I think both of them are free that day.
TeamGreen
9/16/2010 12:27pm
ridge wrote:
I'll be there Donn. I'll try to bring as many friends as I can. I think both of them are free that day.
Make that -2- guys with one-foot on well prepared RMZs!
ridge
9/16/2010 1:22pm
ridge wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Make that -2- guys with one-foot on well prepared RMZs!
I'm hoping I can ride by then. Just got off crutches from X Games. I need my knee rebuilt but I need insurance first!
mxjef
9/20/2010 8:09pm
I'll be there....wouldn't miss it
Truckdriver
9/25/2010 6:30am
I wish I could make the trip out there so bad, however its the weekend of the first Milville for the new season, gotta take my guys up for some awesome race action! Donation on the way out, gonna make sure all the guys wear and race the right brand around here. Ross and Will and the rest of the crew at Enzo are the greatest!!!!
boybuc
9/30/2010 4:58pm
In Anything for Ross
swap
10/2/2010 10:50pm
Hi everyone! It's Ross. Last Saturday the 25th was the one year anniversary since my accident. In alot of ways it feels like a long time ago, but in others it feels pretty recent. I am doing alot better in terms of getting along on my own, and within the next month or so I will start driving a vehicle with hand controls. In the first few months, I regained alot of feeling and muscle control in my lower abs and hips, but then changes came alot slower. I still notice changes once in a while, so I have started writing things down so that I can remember what I felt like month to month. I'm pretty much in a regular schedule of going to the Goodwill Gym 4 days a week, and to PROJECT WALK once a week. I still go to Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber therapy occassionally, but I've started going into ENZO to work as much as I can. Once I start driving, I will be much less reliant on other people to get me around! I really have to thank all my family and friends that have helped me with this big change in my life! THANK YOU!

Ross...

ridge
10/3/2010 11:46am
It's good to see you smiling Ross.
Friday
10/5/2010 9:49pm
Any particular schedule of events Donn? IE: Will there be bikini contests,Freestyle jumping,wet T-shirt contests,bikini contests? Wink Or will there be a "no riding" period at all. I'm planning on racing at Glen Helen (REM) in the morning before coming down for Rossi. Just wondered what all may be going on and when. Thanks!
Jrocket
10/8/2010 5:17pm
Friday wrote:
Any particular schedule of events Donn? IE: Will there be bikini contests,Freestyle jumping,wet T-shirt contests,bikini contests? ;) Or will there be a "no riding" period at...
Any particular schedule of events Donn? IE: Will there be bikini contests,Freestyle jumping,wet T-shirt contests,bikini contests? Wink Or will there be a "no riding" period at all. I'm planning on racing at Glen Helen (REM) in the morning before coming down for Rossi. Just wondered what all may be going on and when. Thanks!
Not sure on the schedule or if there is one but I'll be looking for ya Friday!
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
10/11/2010 8:38am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2010 8:39am
Are there any vids or pics of this?
TerryK
10/11/2010 9:06am
mxrider225 wrote:
Are there any vids or pics of this?
Was wondering the same.
robkinuk
10/11/2010 4:57pm
swap wrote:
Hi everyone! It's Ross. Last Saturday the 25th was the one year anniversary since my accident. In alot of ways it feels like a long time...
Hi everyone! It's Ross. Last Saturday the 25th was the one year anniversary since my accident. In alot of ways it feels like a long time ago, but in others it feels pretty recent. I am doing alot better in terms of getting along on my own, and within the next month or so I will start driving a vehicle with hand controls. In the first few months, I regained alot of feeling and muscle control in my lower abs and hips, but then changes came alot slower. I still notice changes once in a while, so I have started writing things down so that I can remember what I felt like month to month. I'm pretty much in a regular schedule of going to the Goodwill Gym 4 days a week, and to PROJECT WALK once a week. I still go to Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber therapy occassionally, but I've started going into ENZO to work as much as I can. Once I start driving, I will be much less reliant on other people to get me around! I really have to thank all my family and friends that have helped me with this big change in my life! THANK YOU!

Ross...

Ross,
Great to see you out and about with a smile on your face and thanks to everyone who supported his ride day!
mxb2
10/11/2010 5:14pm
swap wrote:
Hello all! It's been nearly a year since my brother Ross Maeda suffered paralyzing injuries in a crash at Starwest MX Park, but he continues to...
Hello all! It's been nearly a year since my brother Ross Maeda suffered paralyzing injuries in a crash at Starwest MX Park, but he continues to make progress and is determined to make a full recovery. He's had some ups and downs in the past 11 months, but one thing remains consistent: his fighting spirit and upbeat attitude. Currently, Ross makes it in to work at enzo racing several times per week, works out at the Goodwill Fitness Center four times per week, and has a weekly therapy session at Project Walk and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatment at the Whitaker Wellness Institute.

As it has been since the day he was injured, my goal is to help my brother as much as I possibly can, in every way possible. Last year, we held an amazing benefit ride day at Perris Raceway and the response and support was overwhelming for me, Ross, and our families. Because insurance only covers so little, being faced with time in a wheelchair can be ridiculously expensive, especially if you are determined to get better. As it stands, insurance companies only want to help you become accustomed to your new life in a chair, and will not cover any additional therapies or equipment.

Ross has shown me some of the new developments that he has enjoyed in recent months - the most surprising being his ability to "rise" into a hands and knees position and hold himself there - and I just know that there's plenty more to come.

Malcolm McCassy Sr. has been awesome, and had donated the track to help Ross out. We are having a ride day on Saturday, October 9, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Last year, the track at Perris was so packed that it wasn't very fun to spin some laps, but with the 13-hour window that Starwest MX Park has granted us this year, I'm sure that there will be room to accommodate everyone. If you are in town, please...come out and help me, help Ross.

Thanks!
swap

Where can the east coast guys buy the iron on jersey transfers? stickers, t shirts? Thanks!

Post a reply to: Ross Maeda benefit ride day 10/9 @ Starwest

The Latest