(Roosty)Shane Munoz's mom looking for help

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2015 10:49am
|
SwapperMX
6/30/2015 5:28pm
Can we get some updated info on what has happened in the police investigation ?? Was it closed with police saying he was the bad guy ??
HuskyEd
6/30/2015 6:19pm
Sad, sad deal. I have a hard time believing the facts as they're laid out. Shane's love of moto, music and most of all his little boy makes it real hard to believe that he was burglarizing that home. If I'm not mistaken the guy that shot him, his dad is on the Board of Directors of the Seattle Mariners.

DA's ruling: Shane Munoz killing in 2012 justified Hummel: Evidence backs self-defense claim by Kevin Perry Wanda Moore Barney Lerten POSTED: 10:50 AM PST February 19, 2015 UPDATED: 9:08 PM PST February 19, 2015

On the evening of June 23, 2012 Shane Munoz was in downtown Bend with a friend, and he ended up visiting a few bars.

Two years, plus pain: Bend family waits for justice, answers Shooting victim's friend tells different story Bend Homeowner Confronts, Kills Intruder

On that same evening, Kevin Perry and his then girlfriend Amanda Weinman went to a restaurant in Bend for dinner, then also visited a few downtown bars.

All three ended up extremely intoxicated.

8 hours after the incident in question, Kevin Perry’s blood alcohol level was .058. Also in his system were oxycodone, THC, valium, muscle relaxants, Benadryl and anti-depressants.

6 hours after the shooting, Amanda Weinman had a blood alcohol level of .121. Also in her system were valium, anti-depressants and a muscle relaxant.

Shane Munoz’s blood alcohol level was .19

Somehow, around midnight, Shane Munoz ended up in Kevin Perry’s house on Awbrey Road in Bend. While in that house, he was shot to death by Kevin Perry.

Kevin Perry and Amanda Weinman’s version of what happened is supported by the evidence.

They tell us that that they did not know Shane Munoz, they were not with him when they were out that night, they took a cab to Perry’s house from downtown Bend after their night out, and when they arrived at the house, they saw the front door was smashed in.

They tell us they went into the house and saw Shane Munoz sleeping on a couch in the living room. They say Kevin woke Shane and Shane started fighting. They say Amanda jumped in to help Kevin and Kevin was then able to grab a gun and shoot Shane.

Kevin Perry then called 911, and police and medical personnel quickly arrived. Shane Munoz was produced dead at the scene.

When law enforcement investigates homicides, an inherent difficulty is that they often receive only one version of the event in question because the person who died took their version with them. That’s why it’s critically important in these cases for law enforcement to not rely on what they are told, and instead, to recreate the minutes, hours and days before the event.

The Bend Police Department did just that. Chief Porter will provide more details about the investigation, but before he does, I want to address something that has been circulating through our community.

Many people theorize that Shane was involved romantically with Amanda, and Kevin shot Shane out of jealousy. Others suspect that Kevin and Amanda met Shane in a bar in Bend and invited him to Kevin’s house where a dispute occurred, Kevin murdered Shane, and then Kevin and Amanda smashed in the door to concoct the story that Shane broke in.

Bend police thoroughly investigated these and many other theories, yet they did not check out. Video surveillance cameras in bars, and other businesses; interviews with customers and staff of bars and restaurants; reviews of cell phone records; and an interview with the taxi driver who drove Kevin and Amanda home, establish that they did not encounter Shane until they arrived at Kevin’s house. And two neighbors were eye witnesses to the kicking in of Kevin Perry’s door. The timing of this, and what they described seeing, were consistent with Kevin and Amanda’s story.

We may never know why Shane Munoz ended up at Kevin Perry’s house. We do know there was no evidence that Shane entered the house to commit a burglary. But, as of now, the only person we know, who knows why Shane entered the house, is Shane.

While we don’t know why Shane entered the house, I’m confident that, based on the evidence I reviewed, a crime did not occur. Consequently, I am not filing charges against Kevin Perry and Amanda Weinman.

Thank you to the Bend Police Department for a top-notch investigation. And once again I extend my sympathies to the Munoz family for their loss. I’ll now hand it over to Chief Porter.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/das-ruling-shane-munoz-killing-in-2012-justifi…
wildbill
6/30/2015 6:53pm
Dammit! I wish my old hard drive wouldn't have yardsaled while wfo. I had numerous pics of Shane that I'd enjoy sharing. I think It's still in my pc. Maybe I can get it refurbished or scanned or something?

Mom, please go to initial thread up top and see just how much love your amazing son shared. He has a truly incredible ability to connect with others via face-to-face, verbal or written form. Shane is still very much alive. Smile
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/30/2015 6:56pm
wildbill wrote:
Dammit! I wish my old hard drive wouldn't have yardsaled while wfo. I had numerous pics of Shane that I'd enjoy sharing. I think It's still...
Dammit! I wish my old hard drive wouldn't have yardsaled while wfo. I had numerous pics of Shane that I'd enjoy sharing. I think It's still in my pc. Maybe I can get it refurbished or scanned or something?

Mom, please go to initial thread up top and see just how much love your amazing son shared. He has a truly incredible ability to connect with others via face-to-face, verbal or written form. Shane is still very much alive. Smile
you can pull that hard drive out and put it into a different computer. There is different adapters all over the web for what ever you may need.

The Shop

wildbill
6/30/2015 7:00pm
Great news 34. I'll chat with my pc bud about the possibilities that have passed since it happened. Thanks!
bigmaico
7/1/2015 7:29am
wildbill wrote:
Dammit! I wish my old hard drive wouldn't have yardsaled while wfo. I had numerous pics of Shane that I'd enjoy sharing. I think It's still...

This is why I bought a 1TB backup drive for $95.00

I also have one of the external USB hard drive adapters,looking to get a external hard dry bay.

Have one at work & use it all the time, people always spilling stuff on their laptop's

PS: If the drive won't spin up,put it in a Ziplock bag in the freezer for about 6 hours & try it again!
bigmaico
7/1/2015 7:40am
wildbill wrote:

This is why I bought a 1TB backup drive for $95.00

I also have one of the external USB hard drive adapters,looking to get a external hard dry bay.

Have one at work & use it all the time, people always spilling stuff on their laptop's

PS: If the drive won't spin up,put it in a Ziplock bag in the freezer for about 6 hours & try it again!

Check your local Fry's for a hard drive docking station, only about $20-$40, Iv'e found the on sale for $9.
7/2/2015 10:39am
SwapperMX wrote:
Can we get some updated info on what has happened in the police investigation ?? Was it closed with police saying he was the bad guy...
Can we get some updated info on what has happened in the police investigation ?? Was it closed with police saying he was the bad guy ??
Shane was not there to burglarize. Da even stated so but closerrrd case saying it wasss justified self defense. Shooter said he was asleep on the couch. He had no car, no tools, only had his shorts on with zipper down. His hat was missing. Shane would not walk uphill to that house.

I miss Shane a lot.

I still have his number in my phone...

The guys at a private forum that Shane belonged to donated money to Makai's fund in 2012.

Most of those guys are also here.

We were just talking about Shane recently and none of us can believe that he was killed in self defense.

I will spread the word about the civil suit and let you know what happens.

I know that everyone would like to see Shane get justice.

I'm pretty sure you can e-mail me through this forum, if you'd like.

If I don't hear from you, I'll check back here.
t on two hours earlier and he always wore hats. The people involved have changed story to events. Shane was not a fighter if he fought it was in self defense! he was drunk no drugs. They had drugs and alcohol 8 hours later.
7/2/2015 10:49am
Shane was not bad guy. The DA stated they do not know why Shane was there but it was not to burglarize. But he believed after investigation that he uninvited and attacked the homeowners and his girlfriend after being woke up and was shot in the back in self-defense although shooter and girlfriend had different versions of what happened the homeowner got an attorney and wouldn't talk with police. The family know and friends coworkers etc., do not believe their story. Right now a civil case is what we have to work with. The family of Perry the homeowner are billionaires. It could be costly but many things have happened to encourage us to go forward with case. I will check with Shane's dad to see what kind of donations have already been made. I am thinking or possibly having a fundraising event of some point to help pursue justice for Shane and Makai. If anyone has any ideas please let me know thank you so much. I'm not sure how to use this forum but I'm trying. God bless you all

Post a reply to: (Roosty)Shane Munoz's mom looking for help

The Latest