Roost Report on Grind

Nerd
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:51am
|
Outsider
1/27/2011 11:41am
Nice pull on the HRM with RV... very interesting, thanks.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/27/2011 11:57am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2011 11:59am
Nerd is this what you were talking about
"the end of the straight, Rattray was coming up the inside of Craig and Craig jumped across right into Rattray and took him down again"

Seems pretty obvious that Rattray moved over not craig
Nerd
1/27/2011 12:11pm
Yeah, my bad. I was over in the stands and I was told it happened the way I described it.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/27/2011 12:15pm
Nerd wrote:
Yeah, my bad. I was over in the stands and I was told it happened the way I described it.
gotcha

The Shop

peelout
1/27/2011 1:21pm
where did you get the rose colored glasses to have seen roczen "lose balance" and fall over on top of cunningham? i'd like to get me a set... bonehead move by kyle was more like it.

just my .02

other than that, good stuff and thank you.
Nerd
1/27/2011 1:29pm
peelout wrote:
where did you get the rose colored glasses to have seen roczen "lose balance" and fall over on top of cunningham? i'd like to get me...
where did you get the rose colored glasses to have seen roczen "lose balance" and fall over on top of cunningham? i'd like to get me a set... bonehead move by kyle was more like it.

just my .02

That one I did see. Cunningham was underneath him in the turn and Roczen began to fall before they came together because he was off-balance.
txmxer
1/27/2011 1:33pm
Nerd is this what you were talking about "the end of the straight, Rattray was coming up the inside of Craig and Craig jumped across right...
Nerd is this what you were talking about
"the end of the straight, Rattray was coming up the inside of Craig and Craig jumped across right into Rattray and took him down again"

Seems pretty obvious that Rattray moved over not craig
that was a pretty poorly designed section on the track.

Not defending Rattray, but, I hope they don't do that kind of set up again.
peelout
1/27/2011 1:36pm
peelout wrote:
where did you get the rose colored glasses to have seen roczen "lose balance" and fall over on top of cunningham? i'd like to get me...

just my .02

Nerd wrote:
That one I did see. Cunningham was underneath him in the turn and Roczen began to fall before they came together because he was off-balance.
right on, we all have our opinions.

thanks again that was a good read
500guy
1/27/2011 1:39pm
excellent report.

I do find it odd that you attribute the extra 5 minutes of the LCQ to have an effect on Trey , When you already established you don't think they ride enough to get tired in Supercross.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/27/2011 1:41pm
500guy wrote:
excellent report. I do find it odd that you attribute the extra 5 minutes of the LCQ to have an effect on Trey , When you...
excellent report.

I do find it odd that you attribute the extra 5 minutes of the LCQ to have an effect on Trey , When you already established you don't think they ride enough to get tired in Supercross.
a little different when you just got your ass kicked by your bike, dont you think?
Nerd
1/27/2011 1:45pm
500guy wrote:
excellent report. I do find it odd that you attribute the extra 5 minutes of the LCQ to have an effect on Trey , When you...
excellent report.

Because, as per usual, you missed the point, which means you're either incapable of comprehending the written word, or you're deliberately just trying to make an argument for argument's sake. The point I was making was that he was BEAT UP BY HIS HEAT RACE CRASH and then ON TOP OF THAT had to ride in his BEAT UP STATE six extra laps.

Direct quote from the article:

"He was, after all, a little bit beat up from the crash, and he had an extra six laps on the track in his beat-up condition that the other racers didn’t have to deal with."
500guy
1/27/2011 1:57pm
500guy wrote:
excellent report.

Nerd wrote:
Because, as per usual, you missed the point, which means you're either incapable of comprehending the written word, or you're deliberately just trying to make an...
Because, as per usual, you missed the point, which means you're either incapable of comprehending the written word, or you're deliberately just trying to make an argument for argument's sake. The point I was making was that he was BEAT UP BY HIS HEAT RACE CRASH and then ON TOP OF THAT had to ride in his BEAT UP STATE six extra laps.

"He was, after all, a little bit beat up from the crash, and he had an extra six laps on the track in his beat-up condition that the other racers didn’t have to deal with."
So 3 or 4 minutes does or doesn't make a difference ?

I agree being beat up from a crash does but a LCQ should be of no consequence with proper training and diet right ?

I think my reading comprehension is fine.
Nerd
1/27/2011 2:11pm
500guy wrote:
excellent report.

Nerd wrote:
Because, as per usual, you missed the point, which means you're either incapable of comprehending the written word, or you're deliberately just trying to make an...

500guy wrote:
So 3 or 4 minutes does or doesn't make a difference ? I agree being beat up from a crash does but a LCQ should be...
So 3 or 4 minutes does or doesn't make a difference ?

I agree being beat up from a crash does but a LCQ should be of no consequence with proper training and diet right ?

I think my reading comprehension is fine.
If you think your reading comprehension is fine, then your reading comprehension isn't your only problem.
Outsider
1/27/2011 2:35pm
Nerd wrote:
If you think your reading comprehension is fine, then your reading comprehension isn't your only problem.
It's not "your reading comprehension" in the second half of the sentence, just, "reading comprehension".

No need to thank me.
Nerd
1/27/2011 2:37pm
Nerd wrote:
Outsider wrote:
It's not "your reading comprehension" in the second half of the sentence, just, "reading comprehension".

No need to thank me.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with how I wrote that. So I wouldn't thank you.
Outsider
1/27/2011 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2011 2:41pm
It doesn't sound right, especially from a journalist.

Edit: "of the year".
Nerd
1/27/2011 2:47pm
Outsider wrote:
It doesn't sound right, especially from a journalist.

Edit: "of the year".
Then this is probably one of those situations where you should listen to the journalist, who gets paid to write - sort of like listening to a roofer about what will make a roof leak and how to fix it.

If it doesn't "sound" right, it's your ear that's the problem.
ATKpilot99
1/27/2011 2:52pm
You guys are really arguing over a word ? Laughing Anyway it sounds ok either way in my opinion.
Outsider
1/27/2011 2:53pm
Nerd wrote:
Then this is probably one of those situations where you should listen to the journalist, who gets paid to write - sort of like listening to...
Then this is probably one of those situations where you should listen to the journalist, who gets paid to write - sort of like listening to a roofer about what will make a roof leak and how to fix it.

LOL

Read it aloud... my way is better, and I'm just a message board idiot.

Either way, you can thank me for bumping your thread. I did enjoy your report, it was well written, unlike the response to 450guy.
Outsider
1/27/2011 3:05pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You guys are really arguing over a word ? Laughing Anyway it sounds ok either way in my opinion.
Slow day... Laughing
Nerd
1/27/2011 3:06pm
Nerd wrote:
Then this is probably one of those situations where you should listen to the journalist, who gets paid to write - sort of like listening to...

Outsider wrote:
LOL Read it aloud... my way is better, and I'm just a message board idiot. Either way, you can thank me for bumping your thread. I...
LOL

Read it aloud... my way is better, and I'm just a message board idiot.

Either way, you can thank me for bumping your thread. I did enjoy your report, it was well written, unlike the response to 450guy.
You are definitely partly right in that post.

Smile

Post a reply to: Roost Report on Grind

The Latest