Roger Harvey interview - Gajser A1?

mccread
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 9:15am
HRC Honda MXGP manager Roger Harvey talks about Tim's comeback from injury and says they might, if things go to plan, even let Tim Gajser race Anaheim 1 next season - how cool would that be?!

We also talked about the U23 rule in MX2, the new 2018 Honda 250f that will debut at the USGP plus Bobryshev not being at Honda next season.

Roger Harvey interview

|
DonM
8/23/2017 5:05pm
I'll pass....not worth the click...
robkinuk
8/23/2017 11:07pm
DonM wrote:
Wow just shows why you will remain a bigoted so called fan, knowledge is power my friend!Wink
Ray_MXS
8/23/2017 11:52pm
Good read. Still dont understand why they cant keep Bobby though.
There was a rumor that Brian Bogers was linked to HRC for 2018 and that just doesnt make any sense to me.

Bobby has tons of experience, is a very well-liked and hardworking guy and are competing for podiums all the time when he´s healthy.

Nothing against Boger but he hasnt exactly set the MX2 world of fire. Really strange that Lieber (headed to Factory Kawasaki) and Bogers gets factory support over the likes of Paturel or Nagl.

Lets hope Bobby can land some sort of good satellite ride. He´s too good to not be on a good bike.

The Shop

kiwifan
8/23/2017 11:54pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
Good read. Still dont understand why they cant keep Bobby though. There was a rumor that Brian Bogers was linked to HRC for 2018 and that...
There was a rumor that Brian Bogers was linked to HRC for 2018 and that just doesnt make any sense to me.

Bobby has tons of experience, is a very well-liked and hardworking guy and are competing for podiums all the time when he´s healthy.

Nothing against Boger but he hasnt exactly set the MX2 world of fire. Really strange that Lieber (headed to Factory Kawasaki) and Bogers gets factory support over the likes of Paturel or Nagl.

Lets hope Bobby can land some sort of good satellite ride. He´s too good to not be on a good bike.
How can you not understand why they didnt keep Bobby? Roger made it very clear I thought.
8/24/2017 12:18am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Good read. Still dont understand why they cant keep Bobby though. There was a rumor that Brian Bogers was linked to HRC for 2018 and that...

Ray_MXS
8/24/2017 12:25am
kiwifan wrote:
How can you not understand why they didnt keep Bobby? Roger made it very clear I thought.
"On Bobby, I think a lot of us have been shocked he has been let go, was that a difficult decision to do that?

yeah of course, he has been here seven years with us. To be honest right the way up almost Lommel we had him featuring in the plan but then a couple of weeks before Lommel the whole market of riders changed so that meant we had to release Bobby so we will look for a young rider to go alongside Tim."

How is this clear?
The "whole market changed" and all of a sudden they wanted a younger rider? What changed the week before Lommel that I apparently missed that made them cut the deal
kiwifan
8/24/2017 12:42am
Ray_MXS wrote:
"On Bobby, I think a lot of us have been shocked he has been let go, was that a difficult decision to do that? yeah of...
"On Bobby, I think a lot of us have been shocked he has been let go, was that a difficult decision to do that?

yeah of course, he has been here seven years with us. To be honest right the way up almost Lommel we had him featuring in the plan but then a couple of weeks before Lommel the whole market of riders changed so that meant we had to release Bobby so we will look for a young rider to go alongside Tim."

How is this clear?
The "whole market changed" and all of a sudden they wanted a younger rider? What changed the week before Lommel that I apparently missed that made them cut the deal
I took as though a lot of young riders came on the market so was a good time to get one of them, I know he says they will look but probably already had someone in mind that came onto the market hence them dropping Bobby, the young rider in question is probably already signed up behind the scenes.
Ray_MXS
8/24/2017 1:14am
kiwifan wrote:
I took as though a lot of young riders came on the market so was a good time to get one of them, I know he...
I took as though a lot of young riders came on the market so was a good time to get one of them, I know he says they will look but probably already had someone in mind that came onto the market hence them dropping Bobby, the young rider in question is probably already signed up behind the scenes.
Yeah thats one way to interpret is and I´m not saying you´re wrong but I certainly wouldnt call it "clear" Tongue

Lets also hope that Honda can get their MX2 shit together. That effort has been horrific for a good while now (Apart from Gajser who wasnt even on the HRC effort back then).
kiwifan
8/24/2017 1:15am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah thats one way to interpret is and I´m not saying you´re wrong but I certainly wouldnt call it "clear" :P Lets also hope that Honda...
Yeah thats one way to interpret is and I´m not saying you´re wrong but I certainly wouldnt call it "clear" Tongue

Lets also hope that Honda can get their MX2 shit together. That effort has been horrific for a good while now (Apart from Gajser who wasnt even on the HRC effort back then).
Agreed
alex69
8/24/2017 2:13am
http://www.mx-pure.com/archive/news-20090318095845-20170823190122.htm

I'd say your answers lie here... Bogers in because HSF now title sponsor for HRC.
Yes, Bogers brings big money for the HRC, the same Lieber does for Kawasaki.
1 top rider Gaiser, Desalle and 1 paying rider Bogers,Lieber that how it's works these days.
And the whole HSF mx2 team on Honda next year it's a win win situation for Honda.
8/24/2017 2:35am
Ray_MXS wrote:
"On Bobby, I think a lot of us have been shocked he has been let go, was that a difficult decision to do that? yeah of...

How is this clear?
Bobby probably asked for money! The young mx2 riders probably don't and in some cases I wouldn't be surprised if wealthy parents paid towards the costs?
I heard somewhere Leiber's parents are rich, not that he doesn't deserve a factory ride but money helps.
DonM
8/24/2017 4:53am
DonM wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Wow just shows why you will remain a bigoted so called fan, knowledge is power my friend!Wink
Whatever Rob....Bigoted...really? I just refuse to read anything that Mccread posts a link to on here as a majority what he posts is meant to fuel an us vs them agenda...not to mention the way he takes excerpts from others interviews/articles and pieces them together to support that agenda...and when he gets called out he never owns up to it...If he wanted credibility he should of responded to Roczen when Kenny called him out for his BS article earlier this year...His most recent was his "interview" with Luongo where he tried to fuel a fire between Luongo and RacerX by misquoting Matthes and Coombs to get Luongo fired up about the timing of the MXDN...

We don't need that type of "journalism" is this small world of MX
mccread
8/24/2017 5:20am
It wasn't a misquote... but you keep believing that if you have too...
jamma10
8/24/2017 5:44am
Bobby probably asked for money! The young mx2 riders probably don't and in some cases I wouldn't be surprised if wealthy parents paid towards the costs...
Bobby probably asked for money! The young mx2 riders probably don't and in some cases I wouldn't be surprised if wealthy parents paid towards the costs?
I heard somewhere Leiber's parents are rich, not that he doesn't deserve a factory ride but money helps.
I was always under the impression that Bobyrshev had some decent financial backing himself, at least to begin with.
PastranaWho
8/24/2017 6:03am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 6:09am
I dont see gajser coming full time to the US for some reason, seems like the guy has it to good in mxgp. Big fan base and a top 3 guy for many years to come and he will make good money. But i could be wrongTongue
DonM
8/24/2017 7:32am
mccread wrote:
It's recorded if you want to check the facts...The better question that you should have asked is, Should both parties sit down and look how each series could adjust the dates in their respective series to insure the best riders from all countries can represent their country in the MXDN?....but no you had your us vs them agenda to sell because it gets the fringe on each side of the pond all riled up...not to mention the clicks it generates for your site...
DonM
8/24/2017 7:36am
mccread wrote:
And did you talk to either Matthes or Coombs to get a full understanding of the issue??? Of course not...
ATKpilot99
8/24/2017 7:40am
mccread wrote:
DonM wrote:
And did you talk to either Matthes or Coombs to get a full understanding of the issue??? Of course not...
gatedrop is just a fan site .... a blog not to be taken seriously.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/24/2017 7:47am
mccread wrote:
Dont deny it was out of context clickbait.

I dont like this trend of having riders pay (or not be paid because they come from wealth already) on the big teams in the GP series (moto3 is similar).
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/24/2017 7:53am
DonM wrote:
way to go. you're saving the MX world by just icecoldly (is there such a word?!) refusing to give the guy your huge amount of CLICKS
mccread
8/24/2017 9:15am
mccread wrote:
DonM wrote:
The quote was not out of context. Steve's views were very public on the dates, before and since, on a variety of platforms including here.

I just asked the guy that ran the race about those public views. It was a valid question, he had a right of reply, unless you didn't want to hear his side of the story... which doesn't seem fair to me.

In fact it would have been remiss of me not to ask that question given the publicity Steve's views had got at that time,

If you want to debate more send me a private message, I'm happy to chat. But this is not the place. Davy and I are fine thanks for asking and I have no issues with Steve. I think he does a great job and enjoy his work and humour.

You can still like people even if they have a different view...

Have a nice day.

early
Fantasy
2212th
8/24/2017 12:52pm
mccread wrote:
The quote was not out of context. Steve's views were very public on the dates, before and since, on a variety of platforms including here. I...
The quote was not out of context. Steve's views were very public on the dates, before and since, on a variety of platforms including here.

I just asked the guy that ran the race about those public views. It was a valid question, he had a right of reply, unless you didn't want to hear his side of the story... which doesn't seem fair to me.

In fact it would have been remiss of me not to ask that question given the publicity Steve's views had got at that time,

If you want to debate more send me a private message, I'm happy to chat. But this is not the place. Davy and I are fine thanks for asking and I have no issues with Steve. I think he does a great job and enjoy his work and humour.

Have a nice day.

Heres another take on the issue by THE MAN himself.

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/roger-decoster-leading-team-usa/#V…
8/26/2017 4:15am
mccread wrote:
The quote was not out of context. Steve's views were very public on the dates, before and since, on a variety of platforms including here. I...

Have a nice day.

Why is it not the place for debate? Lets air the laundry out.
aeffertz
8/26/2017 4:36am
I thought this thread was about Gajser at A1...

Post a reply to: Roger Harvey interview - Gajser A1?

The Latest