Roczen's bike in the pits...

Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 3:22pm
I noticed the caption below the official pic says ''this bike could use a careful scan, just saying''

What are they getting at? personally the only odd thing i see is no yellow tire graphics.

|
mx836
1/3/2015 10:25am
Check down by the linkage. Wink
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:26am
Forks don't look like air forks... but im probably wrong

Some sort of wire by the linkage, not a hose i dont think

Thats about it as far as stupid conclusions i could make lol
Olson
1/3/2015 10:27am
I posted this in Scotties thread.

The Shop

mx836
1/3/2015 10:28am
rippaaa wrote:
Forks don't look like air forks... but im probably wrong Some sort of wire by the linkage, not a hose i dont think Thats about it...

LaughingLaughing It says SFF AIR right on the the forks.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/3/2015 10:29am
It looks like a sensor that could possibably monitor shock position, and log him much time was spent at which level of compression.
mx836
1/3/2015 10:30am
Most likely just a sensor for recording shock data.
downard254
1/3/2015 10:30am
Looks like a magnetic pick up, possibly to pick up swingarm position.
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:31am
rippaaa wrote:
Forks don't look like air forks... but im probably wrong Some sort of wire by the linkage, not a hose i dont think Thats about it...

mx836 wrote:
Yup, all the guys that dont run the air forks put the sticker there anyways, look for the cartridge near the bottom of the fork that all air forks have. Those forks dont have them.
nytsmaC
1/3/2015 10:31am
rippaaa wrote:

mx836 wrote:
Didn't they have the aux. air chamber on the back of the right side fork lug?
1/3/2015 10:32am
This is 100% truth, i did look at that linkeage and consider putting that as my guess, but this is also 100% truth - i know jack shit about that part of a bike. That welding on the swing arm though, oooooofffff.
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:34am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:40am
rippaaa wrote:

mx836 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Yup, his bike doesnt have the chamber. Here is some pics.. notice the chamber on james bike and the stock bike. Edit there are 2 types of air forks

mx836
1/3/2015 10:35am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:42am
rippaaa wrote:

mx836 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
No, they don't. Not all air forks have a 3rd chamber at the bottom. Only the triple air fork.

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/3/2015 10:35am
Going out on a limb here but perhaps could it on the fly shock adjuster? Would something like that be legal?

A rider could adjust as track conditions change...

It's not new technology but I don't recall seeing anything like that on a race bike.
Olson
1/3/2015 10:36am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:36am
rippaaa wrote:
Yup, all the guys that dont run the air forks put the sticker there anyways, look for the cartridge near the bottom of the fork that...
Yup, all the guys that dont run the air forks put the sticker there anyways, look for the cartridge near the bottom of the fork that all air forks have. Those forks dont have them.
There's two different types, Showa Air Works and Showa Air TAC (Triple Air Chamber). The works don't have the chamber on the right fork leg. But yes, even if some riders still use the spring fork the SFF Air sticker will be there. That's what they are paid for.
BB67
1/3/2015 10:37am
that is the "freaky fast " sensor. you didnt notice it at the press conference cuase the subway girl standing in front of it.
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:37am
rippaaa wrote:
Yup, all the guys that dont run the air forks put the sticker there anyways, look for the cartridge near the bottom of the fork that...
Olson wrote:
There's two different types, Showa Air Works and Showa Air TAC (Triple Air Chamber). The works don't have the chamber on the right fork leg. But...
There's two different types, Showa Air Works and Showa Air TAC (Triple Air Chamber). The works don't have the chamber on the right fork leg. But yes, even if some riders still use the spring fork the SFF Air sticker will be there. That's what they are paid for.
What does stewart run?

He has the chamber on his fork
mx836
1/3/2015 10:37am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:54am
mx836 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
Yup, his bike doesnt have the chamber. Here is some pics.. notice the chamber on james bike and the stock bike. Edit there are 2 types...
Yup, his bike doesnt have the chamber. Here is some pics.. notice the chamber on james bike and the stock bike. Edit there are 2 types of air forks

Nice edits ripaaa. You are somethin special.
Olson
1/3/2015 10:39am
rippaaa wrote:
Olson wrote:
There's two different types, Showa Air Works and Showa Air TAC (Triple Air Chamber). The works don't have the chamber on the right fork leg. But...
rippaaa wrote:
What does stewart run?

He has the chamber on his fork
TAC, Triple Air Chamber. The lug/chamber at the bottom of the right fork leg is the third chamber, therefore the name.
1/3/2015 10:39am
mx836 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
Yup, his bike doesnt have the chamber. Here is some pics.. notice the chamber on james bike and the stock bike. Edit there are 2 types...

there are air forks that dont include the third air chamber if im not mistaken.... millsaps bike from 2013, or tickles. kenny probably likes the feel of the older ones but what do i know

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000143419/features/stay-classy-san-die…
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000140796/features/everything-you-want…
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:39am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:42am
nytsmaC wrote:
rippaaa wrote:

mx836 wrote:
Nice edits ripaaa. You are somethin special.
What i was saying is about 100% of the guys that dont run the air fork still have the sticker on the fork.

Who knows 0 shits? still you because you don't realise that just because a sticker is on the bike doesnt mean they are running what that sticker says.
mx836
1/3/2015 10:44am
rippaaa wrote:
What i was saying is about 100% of the guys that dont run the air fork still have the sticker on the fork. Who knows 0...
What i was saying is about 100% of the guys that dont run the air fork still have the sticker on the fork.

Who knows 0 shits? still you because you don't realise that just because a sticker is on the bike doesnt mean they are running what that sticker says.
Whatever bro...everyone knows that. Troll on.
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:44am
Looks Like roczen did some testing with the tripple air chamber forks

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/3/2015 10:49am
rippaaa wrote:
What i was saying is about 100% of the guys that dont run the air fork still have the sticker on the fork. Who knows 0...

I dont run the air forks and I dont have the sticker either so it cant be 100% of the guys.Wink
1/3/2015 10:51am
Brad460 wrote:
Going out on a limb here but perhaps could it on the fly shock adjuster? Would something like that be legal? A rider could adjust as...
Going out on a limb here but perhaps could it on the fly shock adjuster? Would something like that be legal?

A rider could adjust as track conditions change...

It's not new technology but I don't recall seeing anything like that on a race bike.
good question,

technically it is cheating right? IF you can (after the gate drops) further enhance your bikes performance based on track conditions.
rippaaa
1/3/2015 10:52am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:52am
rippaaa wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
I dont run the air forks and I dont have the sticker either so it cant be 100% of the guys.Wink
Same Wink
davis224
Fantasy
138th
1/3/2015 10:55am
What's the extra button by the clutch? Launch control like the kawi for the start?
wow123
1/3/2015 10:58am
Its where he swipes his clock in/out card!

Post a reply to: Roczen's bike in the pits...

The Latest