Roczen vs Tomac

RandyS
Compared to everyone else on that track Tomac last night looked like Stewart @ Daytona the year he threw it away(on the Yamaha just to clarify). I'm not sure that had Roczen stayed healthy that he would have had anything for Tomac either. I'm shocked that Tomac has made it this far without wadding up, maybe he can make it through to Vegas without doing it. If so it's over, something I didn't think would happen a week ago but I think the Dungey that was hanging with him the first half last night is not who Ryan Dungey wants to be, which explains the anchor in the second half, it centainly wasn't because he's out of shape.
|
3/19/2017 8:42am
Think there would have been some great battles, I would put it 50:50...about where they have been most of their careers. Maybe we will never know (the pessimistic in me fears future wrist problems for 94)
shredder22
3/19/2017 8:44am
I hope Roczen recovers fully and comes back to his pre-crash form. Tomac and Roczen will have some awesome battles.
PRM31
3/19/2017 8:45am
It would be great racing, but Tomac would be beating him now. But probably behind in points this point.

The Shop

500guy
3/19/2017 8:49am
I personally think Kroc had em all covered and had He not gotten hurt Eli would still be riding around in 4th.

Kenny's crash affected the whole field, some got better some worse.
Frog #1
3/19/2017 8:58am
Kroc would've had a huge points lead by now!
3/19/2017 8:59am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 9:37am
It's hard to say because for some reason Tomac seemed really scared of Roczen and didnt feel confident beating him as soon as Roczen went down hes become a completely different rider.

Tomac tonight "looked" faster than Roczen.
RJMX834
3/19/2017 9:34am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 9:34am
It's hard to say because for some reason Tomac seemed really scared of Roczen and didnt feel confident beating him as soon as Roczen went down...
It's hard to say because for some reason Tomac seemed really scared of Roczen and didnt feel confident beating him as soon as Roczen went down hes become a completely different rider.

where did you see Tomac saying he's ever been "afraid of roczen"? I'd like to read the artical
3/19/2017 9:37am
It's hard to say because for some reason Tomac seemed really scared of Roczen and didnt feel confident beating him as soon as Roczen went down...

RJMX834 wrote:
where did you see Tomac saying he's ever been "afraid of roczen"? I'd like to read the artical
Sorry typo, Seemed not was.
3/19/2017 9:39am
500guy wrote:
I personally think Kroc had em all covered and had He not gotten hurt Eli would still be riding around in 4th. Kenny's crash affected the...
I personally think Kroc had em all covered and had He not gotten hurt Eli would still be riding around in 4th.

I disagree about Kenny's crash effecting the whole field. These guys know the risks and have seen gnarly crashes before, hell most of them have experienced a pretty bad crash, maybe not the injuries Kenny's got but I don't think Tomac's shoulder deal was exactly just a routine injury either. I just don't think these guys get effected by things like that, if they did I don't think they would have made it very far.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/19/2017 10:14am
Remember the beginning of A1 Tomac was quite a bit quicker than everyone else like now and Roczen was another level. IMO Roczen would be dominating right now with Tomac stealing win here and there but sadly we didn't get to see it.
jock
Fantasy
1st
3/19/2017 10:41am
My money would be on Roczen. If Kenny was still racing, he would have the points lead, and extending it every round. With more time on the Honda, he would have only got faster.
TeamGreen
3/19/2017 12:10pm
500guy wrote:
I personally think Kroc had em all covered and had He not gotten hurt Eli would still be riding around in 4th. Kenny's crash affected the...

You don't see Eli as being A WHOLE LOT FASTER now than he was in January?
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/19/2017 12:15pm
500guy wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
This...people seemed to forget Kroc had everyone covered the first race, then RD gave him a battle for an entire 20 minutes and then RD was winning with Kroc chasing, but everyone acts like RD was getting lapped those first few races. Now Eli is putting a gap on RD, maybe RD lost a little but he's about the same position he was at the beginning of the year, Eli just has gotten faster
toroP
3/19/2017 12:29pm
Classic Vital. Folks stating as fact their opinions on some alternate reality.
Fanboy nonsense.
eb313
3/19/2017 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 1:26pm

Suspension, that's it, nothing else.
jeffro503
3/19/2017 1:30pm
500guy wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
yak651 wrote:
This...people seemed to forget Kroc had everyone covered the first race, then RD gave him a battle for an entire 20 minutes and then RD was...
This...people seemed to forget Kroc had everyone covered the first race, then RD gave him a battle for an entire 20 minutes and then RD was winning with Kroc chasing, but everyone acts like RD was getting lapped those first few races. Now Eli is putting a gap on RD, maybe RD lost a little but he's about the same position he was at the beginning of the year, Eli just has gotten faster
I believe this as of right now. Round #2 , RD was all over Roczen and hounded him all the way to the flag. As of late...I have not seen RD sticking with Eli for very long. Marv has picked up the pace as well.

BUT.....who knows? maybe Kenny still had another gear as well and would of had a big points lead right now. We don't know. We can only talk about what's happening right now.....not a bunch of " what if's ".
TeamGreen
3/19/2017 2:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
yak651 wrote:
This...people seemed to forget Kroc had everyone covered the first race, then RD gave him a battle for an entire 20 minutes and then RD was...
jeffro503 wrote:
I believe this as of right now. Round #2 , RD was all over Roczen and hounded him all the way to the flag. As of...
I believe this as of right now. Round #2 , RD was all over Roczen and hounded him all the way to the flag. As of late...I have not seen RD sticking with Eli for very long. Marv has picked up the pace as well.

BUT.....who knows? maybe Kenny still had another gear as well and would of had a big points lead right now. We don't know. We can only talk about what's happening right now.....not a bunch of " what if's ".
Jeffro observes and thinks.
RandyS
3/19/2017 2:52pm
toroP wrote:
Fanboy nonsense.
Yet you felt the need to post on it.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
3/19/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 3:27pm
Marvin only finished less than 6 seconds behind Tomac. I'm not sure you can really consider this some sort of incredible performance like Stewart had at Daytona that year. Maybe you saw something I didn't though.
eb313
3/19/2017 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 4:53pm
stremme12 wrote:
Marvin only finished less than 6 seconds behind Tomac. I'm not sure you can really consider this some sort of incredible performance like Stewart had at...
Marvin only finished less than 6 seconds behind Tomac. I'm not sure you can really consider this some sort of incredible performance like Stewart had at Daytona that year. Maybe you saw something I didn't though.
When he passed RD he got within [I think] 4 seconds and ET gaped him on the next lap. I'm not saying he had otherworldly speed or was riding in first gear but ET3 "seems" to be in total control at this point......
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
3/19/2017 4:39pm
stremme12 wrote:
Marvin only finished less than 6 seconds behind Tomac. I'm not sure you can really consider this some sort of incredible performance like Stewart had at...
eb313 wrote:
When he passed RD he got within [I think] 4 seconds and ET gaped him on the next lap. I'm not saying he had otherworldly speed...
When he passed RD he got within [I think] 4 seconds and ET gaped him on the next lap. I'm not saying he had otherworldly speed or was riding in first gear but ET3 "seems" to be in total control at this point......
I was only referring to the OP's post of comparing his ride to Stewart's.

No doubt Tomac had control of the race.
Acidreamer
3/19/2017 5:09pm
Why would tomac wad up? He looked perfectly in control and comfortable
toroP
3/19/2017 6:02pm
toroP wrote:
Fanboy nonsense.
RandyS wrote:
Yet you felt the need to post on it.
Good point. You are right. Stupid of me to complain about it.

Post a reply to: Roczen vs Tomac

The Latest