Roczen trying to break the internet - RBSR 250 2-Stroke Shootout

slotsquid
Fantasy
3053rd
9/27/2017 10:13am
Would be great to see most of the 250 and 450 class guys bring a two stroke to run the smoker class so we can get some real data on how the 250 2T stacks up against the 450's with elite talent riding. Won't be a head to head comparison, but we can compare the lap times
9/27/2017 10:24am
slotsquid wrote:
Would be great to see most of the 250 and 450 class guys bring a two stroke to run the smoker class so we can get...
Would be great to see most of the 250 and 450 class guys bring a two stroke to run the smoker class so we can get some real data on how the 250 2T stacks up against the 450's with elite talent riding. Won't be a head to head comparison, but we can compare the lap times
Still, a bike they ride and test all the time vs. a bike they ride once just for fun. It would be cool to see them all run a 250 2T but the comparison would be skewed.

The Shop

mingham97
9/27/2017 4:25pm
Roczen hasn't even started riding supercross yet. He's only been riding MX. There is zero chance he's racing any bike in any class
9/27/2017 4:40pm
There is so much more anticipation for this race, than there was in 2006 when Travis was going to try a double backflip at x-games. I...
There is so much more anticipation for this race, than there was in 2006 when Travis was going to try a double backflip at x-games. I watched x games for 5 straight years thinking he was going to do it. This is a genius way for Ex-pro riders we all love to come out, make a few bucks, and keep their sponsors happy! I'd love to see Mc2 and RC4 go at it. OR JS7 and GL8. Someone pull DV12 out of retirement! Who knows what happened to Tyler Evans? Get all the OG's out there!
DV12? Goon race. Make it so.
Johnny Ringo
9/27/2017 5:33pm
Just cause the big guy at Honda said it a time or two dosent mean everyone agreed with him then or now
JRT812 wrote:
Its not personal and only a business decision by Honda to no longer produce 2 strokes. Glad KR is racing, but I'm sure he would have...
Its not personal and only a business decision by Honda to no longer produce 2 strokes. Glad KR is racing, but I'm sure he would have no problem running what Honda refers to as outdated technology in a fun event.
2T42 wrote:
Actually, It was personal with Mr. Soichiro Honda. Even before he actually started Honda Corp in the 40's he was quoted directly on the Honda website...
Actually, It was personal with Mr. Soichiro Honda. Even before he actually started Honda Corp in the 40's he was quoted directly on the Honda website as saying he hated even the sound of two strokes and wanted to remove them from the face of the earth. Ironically they made some of the best 2 strokes you could buy for a few decades. I owned many Hondas 80's and 90's. Besides, it was a choice. There are several other factories still bringing in 2 strokes and Honda could too.

But, back to KR and RBSR. Kenny is the man! I like that he's not the corporate zombie and gaining fans by the day while not even racing. I am way more excited to watch now. I think it would be even cooler to see the 2 strokes just thrown in with the 4 strokes and just add more brackets, but the factories don't want that so...

And I agree. It would break the internet if CR and JS both came out on smokers to battle! Whooooo!

Will the smokers be running after the big guys? It will be interesting to see the times if the track hasnt deteriorated too much.
Cite your sources please
rmoto003
9/27/2017 7:03pm
Cool thing, he went full patriot on instagram :laugh: :laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216960/s1200_IMG_5051.jpg[/img]
Cool thing, he went full patriot on instagram LaughingLaughing

I wonder what Kenny thinks of Fuhrer Merkel LOL

https://youtu.be/FVcspJhjjN4
2T42
9/27/2017 10:31pm
JRT812 wrote:
Its not personal and only a business decision by Honda to no longer produce 2 strokes. Glad KR is racing, but I'm sure he would have...
Its not personal and only a business decision by Honda to no longer produce 2 strokes. Glad KR is racing, but I'm sure he would have no problem running what Honda refers to as outdated technology in a fun event.
2T42 wrote:
Actually, It was personal with Mr. Soichiro Honda. Even before he actually started Honda Corp in the 40's he was quoted directly on the Honda website...
Actually, It was personal with Mr. Soichiro Honda. Even before he actually started Honda Corp in the 40's he was quoted directly on the Honda website as saying he hated even the sound of two strokes and wanted to remove them from the face of the earth. Ironically they made some of the best 2 strokes you could buy for a few decades. I owned many Hondas 80's and 90's. Besides, it was a choice. There are several other factories still bringing in 2 strokes and Honda could too.

But, back to KR and RBSR. Kenny is the man! I like that he's not the corporate zombie and gaining fans by the day while not even racing. I am way more excited to watch now. I think it would be even cooler to see the 2 strokes just thrown in with the 4 strokes and just add more brackets, but the factories don't want that so...

And I agree. It would break the internet if CR and JS both came out on smokers to battle! Whooooo!

Will the smokers be running after the big guys? It will be interesting to see the times if the track hasnt deteriorated too much.
Cite your sources please
Respectfully, I dont want to start an off topic on this awesome thread. What KR is doing with smokers at RBSR along with his other accomplishments makes him a legend and a hero at a young age.

I have links (not sure where to post them to be fair) to many great articles about the rise of Honda and Mr. Soichiro, his intelligence, persistence and accomplishments. Most of them are directly from world.honda.com vs honda.com since world has so many articles and history it's hard to find them all. Anyone in the industry should read up on the stories of how some of the iconic motorcycles of the past came about sometimes against all odds and at times the owner himself! Strewn throughout all of them are his outspoken hatred for 2 strokes. He spent millions trying to develop 4 strokes and push them into many forms of motor racing since the 50's. Google searching "Mr soichiro honda hates 2 strokes" shows pages of results.
Johnny Ringo
9/27/2017 10:34pm
2T42 wrote:

Cite your sources please
2T42 wrote:
Respectfully, I dont want to start an off topic on this awesome thread. What KR is doing with smokers at RBSR along with his other accomplishments...
Respectfully, I dont want to start an off topic on this awesome thread. What KR is doing with smokers at RBSR along with his other accomplishments makes him a legend and a hero at a young age.

I have links (not sure where to post them to be fair) to many great articles about the rise of Honda and Mr. Soichiro, his intelligence, persistence and accomplishments. Most of them are directly from world.honda.com vs honda.com since world has so many articles and history it's hard to find them all. Anyone in the industry should read up on the stories of how some of the iconic motorcycles of the past came about sometimes against all odds and at times the owner himself! Strewn throughout all of them are his outspoken hatred for 2 strokes. He spent millions trying to develop 4 strokes and push them into many forms of motor racing since the 50's. Google searching "Mr soichiro honda hates 2 strokes" shows pages of results.
One of the few members that backs his statements up with facts. I like that. I'll do some reading, thanks for the info
sesker15
9/28/2017 6:02am
Durham looks like he is ready. Yz300

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/28/2017 6:05pm
How is Honda letting Kenny promote 2 strokes when they don't sell 2 strokes?

Rebel with a Cause

Post a reply to: Roczen trying to break the internet - RBSR 250 2-Stroke Shootout

The Latest