Roczen to RCH

jlchapman117
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2014 5:27pm
I heard from a fairly reliable source that Kenny signed with RCH for next year. It's supposed to be made public sometime next week.
|
3/1/2014 8:00pm
He's going to kill it on the suzuki...

to be honest, he looks good on the KTM though..whether or not he actually likes it, is another thing
MN338
3/1/2014 8:01pm
Not trying to be an ass. I think I missed something. When did Kenny start having such drama with Red Bull KTM that he's looking for somewhere else to ride next year? I always thought he was really tight with Red Bull and KTM.
Juss
3/1/2014 8:03pm
Well he did grow up on the Suzuki. I just cant see him going there, maybe factory Suzuki. Im sure im wrong.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
3/1/2014 8:08pm
I hope this is wrong. I really want him to stay on orange

The Shop

DownSouth
3/1/2014 8:09pm
If by chance this happens to be true no one will announce anything until late in the summer.
Feldspar
3/1/2014 8:10pm
hartebreak wrote:
I hope this is wrong. I really want him to stay on orange
I do recall seeing a picture of him with Pink at A1 where he said he is a huge fan. He also went to her concert shortly after.
Uncleof2
3/1/2014 8:12pm
Your getting your colors mixed up, that is from orange to green , not yellow. If I was a betting man.
3/1/2014 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2014 8:13pm
MN338 wrote:
Not trying to be an ass. I think I missed something. When did Kenny start having such drama with Red Bull KTM that he's looking for...
Not trying to be an ass. I think I missed something. When did Kenny start having such drama with Red Bull KTM that he's looking for somewhere else to ride next year? I always thought he was really tight with Red Bull and KTM.
Drama has nothing to do with it. Kenny's agent is WMG. They are a big agency, and they are going to push KR to go where the money is. Now...I would be VERY surprised if RCH out bid KTM. At DV has stated...KTM has BIG money to spend. Government subsidy money....so it would be a tall order for RCH to out bid them. But then again...RCH has big money as well.

But there are some plusses to RCH. They are essentially a factory Sat team. They are sharing the shop with Yosh. You will get exposure to two of the greatest champions in the sport...RC...and JS. I have no idea if this rumour has any validity...but it would not surprise me. It is well known RCH has been trying to pull in a top level rider....and Watson has a way of putting together some crazy deals.

Still...sounds far fetched. RCH wanted Tomac as well. Seems like KR would be even harder to close than Tomac....
HuskyEd
3/1/2014 8:12pm
There seems to be a number of rumors about RCH and it's riders next year.Huh
HuskyEd
3/1/2014 8:15pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Your getting your colors mixed up, that is from orange to green , not yellow. If I was a betting man.
Monster buying Kenny out of his Red Bull deal? IMO it seems energy drinks dictate the color of bike more than anything.Unsure
DownSouth
3/1/2014 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2014 8:16pm
MN338 wrote:
Not trying to be an ass. I think I missed something. When did Kenny start having such drama with Red Bull KTM that he's looking for...
Drama has nothing to do with it. Kenny's agent is WMG. They are a big agency, and they are going to push KR to go where...
Drama has nothing to do with it. Kenny's agent is WMG. They are a big agency, and they are going to push KR to go where the money is. Now...I would be VERY surprised if RCH out bid KTM. At DV has stated...KTM has BIG money to spend. Government subsidy money....so it would be a tall order for RCH to out bid them. But then again...RCH has big money as well.

But there are some plusses to RCH. They are essentially a factory Sat team. They are sharing the shop with Yosh. You will get exposure to two of the greatest champions in the sport...RC...and JS. I have no idea if this rumour has any validity...but it would not surprise me. It is well known RCH has been trying to pull in a top level rider....and Watson has a way of putting together some crazy deals.

Still...sounds far fetched. RCH wanted Tomac as well. Seems like KR would be even harder to close than Tomac....
Ha! WMG (Hart and the Teams agent) put the RCH deals together not Watson. WMG is on both sides of the hypothetical deal if it were true.
Juss
3/1/2014 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2014 8:55pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Ya that makes way more sense. Im calling the RCH thing bullshit!
3/1/2014 8:26pm
I very highly doubt if he does end up switching teams it will be announced until after the nationals, you know because all the money Ktm has put in advertising him and what not.
JACK_Schit
3/1/2014 8:48pm
I heard from a fairly reliable source that Kenny signed with RCH for next year. It's supposed to be made public sometime next week.
Another post from a 14 year old! Its freaking March 1st and the speculation is already dropping. Clueless on Vital MX.
bd
3/1/2014 8:51pm
If I were a betting man, KROC stays on KTM. I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey leaves KTM when his contract expires.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/1/2014 9:25pm
You lost me when you said it would be made public sometime next week.
3/1/2014 9:29pm
bd wrote:
If I were a betting man, KROC stays on KTM. I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey leaves KTM when his contract expires.
Pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal...

It'd be interesting to see where he would go if he were to jump ship. Can't imagine any team not wanting him.
bd
3/1/2014 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2014 12:20pm
1488, I can think of many: RCH, JGR Yamaha, Red Bull KTM, 22. Dungey won a race tonight and is second in points.
DBerg
3/1/2014 9:38pm
I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong if I am, but right now I have to call BUUUUUULLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT.
I guess we'll see though.
JeepnMike
3/1/2014 11:39pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Nice to see someone actually agrees with me. Given the source of this post, it puts some credibility behind my theory.
mxjon454
3/2/2014 1:19am
RCH seems like a possibility. KR grew up on suzukis and would have a factory bike. The teams runs fox/shift. They don't have a energy drink deal which would let KR stay with red bull. Hill runs monster on his helmet but tickle doesn't so maybe KR can keep red bull
3/2/2014 1:49am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2014 1:51am
Biggest mistake ever would be for Ken to leave KTM for that shitshow RCH.

It really sucks that JGR has been so stuck on blue. They are an otherwise fabulous team.

Considering the $$$ some of these private/satellite teams have, you sometimes have to wonder what is a better situation for a rider:

- be the (B ) rider on a factory team (KTM, HRC, Kawi, Yosh-Zook)

OR

- be the (A) rider on a well paying & well run satellite or private team (JGR-Yam, 22-Kawi, FC-Hon, PC-Kawi)

IMO, if KRoc ain't looking at getting well paid for one of those other 7 seats he needs to stay where he's at.

(side note: by that count there are 12 really good rides out there, plus the Rockstar-KTMs, TLD-Hondas, & RCH-Zooks of the paddock and a slew of other private team like MCR-Zook......never been so many opportunities in this sport it seems. Any true privateer that makes a main is a badass)
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/2/2014 3:42am
That JGR bike looks like it is one of the best out there, especially in the suspension department. Don't know why you're hating on it.
shredder22
3/2/2014 3:49am
bd wrote:
1488, I can think of many: RCH, JGR Yamaha, Red Bull KTM, 22. Dungey won a race tonight and is second in points.
1488 said "I can't see any team NOT wanting him." You basically agree with him.
shredder22
3/2/2014 3:56am
Biggest mistake ever would be for Ken to leave KTM for that shitshow RCH. It really sucks that JGR has been so stuck on blue. They...
Biggest mistake ever would be for Ken to leave KTM for that shitshow RCH.

It really sucks that JGR has been so stuck on blue. They are an otherwise fabulous team.

Considering the $$$ some of these private/satellite teams have, you sometimes have to wonder what is a better situation for a rider:

- be the (B ) rider on a factory team (KTM, HRC, Kawi, Yosh-Zook)

OR

- be the (A) rider on a well paying & well run satellite or private team (JGR-Yam, 22-Kawi, FC-Hon, PC-Kawi)

IMO, if KRoc ain't looking at getting well paid for one of those other 7 seats he needs to stay where he's at.

(side note: by that count there are 12 really good rides out there, plus the Rockstar-KTMs, TLD-Hondas, & RCH-Zooks of the paddock and a slew of other private team like MCR-Zook......never been so many opportunities in this sport it seems. Any true privateer that makes a main is a badass)
RCH is a shit show? Never heard that. Carey Hart seems like a pretty good owner and with Carmichael jumping on as the co owner, they really seem to be moving on up. They have factory support from suzuki and should be signing a pretty decent rider for 2015. I see this team getting better and better. The fact that RCH has the possibility to allow Kenny to stay sponsored by Red Bull is a huge plus as well.

With that being said, I think Kenny resigns with KTM. If he doesn't, I see him going over to Kawi to be RV's successor and Kawi's new #1 once RV retires after next season. Kenny has a very bright future.

P.S. the 2014 Yamaha seems pretty solid. Both the 250 and the 450. I don't know why it sucks that JGR is partnered with Yamaha. They are pretty much Yamaha's factory team.

I hope Yosh is able to sign another 450 guy next year, or maybe sign 1-2 guys to ride 250's for them, so at least Suzuki will have some presence in the 250 class. Honda accounted for more than half the bikes in the 250 main. I don't think there was a single suzuki.
shredder22
3/2/2014 3:56am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
That JGR bike looks like it is one of the best out there, especially in the suspension department. Don't know why you're hating on it.
x2
conwaymx
3/2/2014 3:57am
Feldspar wrote:
I do recall seeing a picture of him with Pink at A1 where he said he is a huge fan. He also went to her concert...
I do recall seeing a picture of him with Pink at A1 where he said he is a huge fan. He also went to her concert shortly after.
Must be true then. Roczen to RCH in 2015 with a salary consisting of an endless supply of Pink tickets lol
Socket946
3/2/2014 4:36am
You mean to say...He'd go from a FACTORY KTM....to a factory "supported" zook?

No way, buddy.

KR94 is either going to stay on a KTM, or follow his partner to Kawi.

Post a reply to: Roczen to RCH

The Latest