Roczen on mxon

ajv#26
Ken Roczen has pretty much mentioned he doubts he will race the MXoN. In an interview on motoxaddicts (our American media partner) the Germany rider feels Team Germany are not strong enough.

“I’m not planning on it right now to do the MXoN. I would like to every year, but I think we don’t have a… ’cause back in the day it was [Marcus] Schiffer, [Max] Nagl and me, and we were killing it. But because everybody is so competitive—or at least the USA—the USA has so many good riders who are good, so even if one gets injured, another one pops in and they’re all good and battling at the front. For us, Schiffer isn’t racing anymore. There’s probably another good rider out there, but as of now, I’m not planning on it.”

|
robkinuk
8/9/2016 3:15am
Marcus Schiffer raced MXGP in Switzerland last weekend..........................
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/9/2016 3:16am
That's the attitude, can't win don't try
DeStouwer
8/9/2016 3:27am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 3:27am
robkinuk wrote:
Marcus Schiffer raced MXGP in Switzerland last weekend..........................
No, he didn't. Schiffer retired two years ago. Alain Schäfer is from Switzerland.

The Shop

philG
8/9/2016 3:29am
robkinuk wrote:
What class ... I didn't see him?
ajv#26
8/9/2016 3:29am
If, everybody thinks in the same way, only tree teams go to mxon! Small thinking!!!
RMZ#
8/9/2016 3:34am
There is no reason to do this exhibition race for free. Everyone wins except the rider.
RG1
8/9/2016 3:35am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 3:35am
Lame, living in the US changes people
philG
8/9/2016 3:36am
It sucks , the German Team of Roczen, Nagl and Ulrich was good enough for Teuschenthal.. why not now.

Turn up and win your races... Tim Gasjer will be there, and they struggle to even qualify..

Poor attitude.

German fans deserve a chance to see him race.

When France won in Kegums, Ferrandis could have finished 19th DNF and they would still have won.
robkinuk
8/9/2016 3:49am
DeStouwer wrote:
No, he didn't. Schiffer retired two years ago. Alain Schäfer is from Switzerland.
My bad listening to tv announcers and trying to read graphic, assumed it was MarcusBlush
8/9/2016 4:20am
With Roczen/Nagl/Jacobi they will have a solid team, maybe even better than Herlings/Coldenhoff/Bogers or Anstie/Simpson/Searle.
RMZ#
8/9/2016 4:25am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 4:31am
RG1 wrote:
Getting older and wiser changes people. Do you work for Free? I would bet No

This race means nothing. Only the promoter wins.
DeStouwer
8/9/2016 4:27am
EnvyMedia wrote:
With Roczen/Nagl/Jacobi they will have a solid team, maybe even better than Herlings/Coldenhoff/Bogers or Anstie/Simpson/Searle.
I would go for Hsu instead of Jacobi. If Hsu can/wants.
downard254
8/9/2016 4:36am
While his comments may seem lame on the surface. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say "what if". What if he's really saying "My ride with Suzuki is up after the last national, and they won't give me a bike to ride, so I will be transitioning over to Honda, and I have not one second of testing on that new bike". Stranger things have happened guys. Try not to assume you know the full strory.
Lucifa.
8/9/2016 4:50am
RG1 wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

All the athletes at the Rio Olympics just gave you the bird Mr keyboard warrior.
Alex814
8/9/2016 4:54am
downard254 wrote:
While his comments may seem lame on the surface. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say "what if". What if he's really saying...
While his comments may seem lame on the surface. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say "what if". What if he's really saying "My ride with Suzuki is up after the last national, and they won't give me a bike to ride, so I will be transitioning over to Honda, and I have not one second of testing on that new bike". Stranger things have happened guys. Try not to assume you know the full strory.
This. He just used a bad excuse to say it.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/9/2016 4:57am
Hsu will be decent by the time the mxdn rolls on. He's fast but obviously lacks fitness, he can only stay inside the top10 for like 15 min and then fades.
Nagl roczen Hsu would be a great team. Nagl and roczen are both very consistent so Hsu would only need one good finish.
Bummer
hvaughn88
8/9/2016 5:00am
RG1 wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

Lucifa. wrote:
All the athletes at the Rio Olympics just gave you the bird Mr keyboard warrior.
Kind of apples to oranges though. The olympics is really the only opportunity to compete on a worldwide stage in front of a large audience for so many of the sports. I'm not exactly tuning in weekly to watch fencing, air rifles, badminton, handball, etc.
Whitey
8/9/2016 5:05am
downard254 wrote:
While his comments may seem lame on the surface. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say "what if". What if he's really saying...
Alex814 wrote:
This. He just used a bad excuse to say it.
Yep, that story will come out eventually, just another case of this lame industry where nobody says shit that is true.
Motofinne
8/9/2016 5:13am
RMZ# wrote:

Lucifa. wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Kind of apples to oranges though. The olympics is really the only opportunity to compete on a worldwide stage in front of a large audience for...
Kind of apples to oranges though. The olympics is really the only opportunity to compete on a worldwide stage in front of a large audience for so many of the sports. I'm not exactly tuning in weekly to watch fencing, air rifles, badminton, handball, etc.
Exactly that can be said about our sport also.

Well i lost a lot of respect for him if that is what he actually said.
Mucktub
8/9/2016 5:14am
I would have thought Suzuki might want a super strong showing for their 450 in Europe, considering the season they've had this side of the pond.

The excuse that the German team isn't good enough is nonsense, when they won at Lommel in 2012 I'm sure they weren't considered as team favourites because of Schiffer, yet he still rode well enough help the team to victory.

Anyone who thinks the MXDN isn't worth attending let alone being lucky enough to ride at is a fool.

I attend a number of GP's and high profile races throughout the year and this race is always the best. As far as I can see no other sport really has anything like it, it's unique.
8/9/2016 5:22am
RMZ# wrote:

We have to cancel the mxdn.Pinch
hvaughn88
8/9/2016 5:28am
Lucifa. wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Kind of apples to oranges though. The olympics is really the only opportunity to compete on a worldwide stage in front of a large audience for...
Motofinne wrote:
Exactly that can be said about our sport also.

Well i lost a lot of respect for him if that is what he actually said.
Not really. I don't know the numbers, but I would make a pretty safe bet that the people that tune into the mxdn are already Moto fans and watch other races throughout the year too. It's not really exposing the athletes to some huge number of people who didn't even know anything about the sport in the first place. That being said, I also think it's lame that athletes skip it. I understand why some of them do (as already explained with the roczen/Honda deal), but I still don't like it. We are definitely on the same page there.
8/9/2016 6:02am
RMZ# wrote:
There is no reason to do this exhibition race for free. Everyone wins except the rider.
Why does everything have to come down to money.... Do they not make enough that they can't ride for their country at the end of the year for pride... I doubt what roczen is saying is the real reason... Like others have said, he prob just wants time on the Honda before competing... On a side note, roczen does seem to be very americanised (is that even a word) as of late
jamma10
8/9/2016 6:06am
RG1 wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

Most top professional riders get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if not millions, to wear a certain brand of boots, helmets, neck braces, goggles. The MXdN provides one the biggest stages onwhich to promote those brands. Surely it should be a quid pro quo kind of deal.
DonM
8/9/2016 6:12am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 6:15am
RG1 wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
Most top professional riders get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if not millions, to wear a certain brand of boots, helmets, neck braces...
Most top professional riders get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if not millions, to wear a certain brand of boots, helmets, neck braces, goggles. The MXdN provides one the biggest stages onwhich to promote those brands. Surely it should be a quid pro quo kind of deal.
They are paid that for races that are in their contracts....unfortunately the MXDN is not one of those races.
Kenny's not going because he is changing brands, end of story....
DonM
8/9/2016 6:14am
RG1 wrote:
Lame, jumping to conclusions because it doesn't fit your agenda....He's changing brands so no bike to ride...pretty simple....he just can't say that yet.
Jt$
8/9/2016 6:15am
I would be willing to bet this is much more about switching teams/bikes than anything else.
ajv#26
8/9/2016 6:26am
RG1 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Lame, jumping to conclusions because it doesn't fit your agenda....He's changing brands so no bike to ride...pretty simple....he just can't say that yet.
And for that (switch teams or bike) he says that is home team is weak!!! Come on!!!

Post a reply to: Roczen on mxon

The Latest