Roczen might be getting a little worried

TsmithMX
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 10:14pm
Because Tomac had him covered in the 250's. Obviously he not a threat for the title this year but.. Tomac has two podiums in two races coming off of injury. Plus, he's still gaining fitness. Kroc's gotta be thinking about #3. I'm sure Kenny wants to be the best rider when he wins his title. He doesn't want Eli to start beating him
|
7/5/2014 6:19pm
Yeah right!! Because Eli is a threat for the title and he's beaten k-roc this year...

Really dude maybe once Eli start beats k-roc then we can start talking about worrying
TsmithMX
7/5/2014 6:25pm
Yeah right!! Because Eli is a threat for the title and he's beaten k-roc this year... Really dude maybe once Eli start beats k-roc then we...
Yeah right!! Because Eli is a threat for the title and he's beaten k-roc this year...

Really dude maybe once Eli start beats k-roc then we can start talking about worrying
I didn't mean worried about the title. I mean worried in regards to bragging rights and confidence.
jeffro503
7/5/2014 6:28pm
Well....I think there is a way we can go about this without slamming one guy , and putting up the other one on a pedestal.

Right now....Kenny is ruling the Nationals. Eli is coming back extremely strong and I think he'll push those issues a little more week after week. Kenny knows this , and Eli knows this.....and I think they both know damn well there is going to be some super , fast paced battling going on before this season is over with.

These two new rookies are coming in healthy , strong , super fit and extremely hungry. I could say the same thing about Trey right now too. He's finding a new level.

Right now.....those 3 guys are the future of this sport. RD , Stewart and the rest....have their work cut out for them!
7/5/2014 6:31pm
I used to think tomac and canard were always going to be mid pack riders, and never gave them much thought; boy am I pleasently glad to be wrong! Canard was a fucking machine today! Hes (and also tomac)making that honda look pretty damned good!

The Shop

Motoxdoc
7/5/2014 6:38pm
You mean worried about where on his mantle he should put his new outdoor championship trophy?
ChrisB10
7/5/2014 6:40pm
He's not worried because all he's thinking about is this year's championship and ET missed way too many races to be a threat obviously.

Next year though I do think ET's has him covered. Good because I don't feel like watching KR check out of all 2015 as well, it's boring.
Mr Bean
7/5/2014 6:44pm
I'm curious to see if ET3 can get in Kroc's head.

After the way he took it to another level last year and just made everyone else look they belonged at LL, you know Kroc has to have just a little concern that ET will get in a groove and do it to him again.

Should be fun.
TsmithMX
7/5/2014 6:48pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
You mean worried about where on his mantle he should put his new outdoor championship trophy?
Haha. Touché
7/5/2014 6:49pm
TsmithMX wrote:
I didn't mean worried about the title. I mean worried in regards to bragging rights and confidence.
I think that title will give Kroc bragging rights, maybe once ET starts gaping Kroc then he might be worried but even then he will have a title on his mind and won't do anything stupid for a Moto win or 2.

Exactly like RV in sx, he played it smart in the middle of the season then turned it up at the last four rounds when it was basically wrapped up.

All I can say is mxdn is going to be awesome this year
KLM85
7/5/2014 6:52pm
If anything he's stoked, someone with no chance at the title is stealing points from the closest competition.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
7/5/2014 6:57pm
Don't know why people think Tomac will suddenly go faster than Roczen. Roczen's clearly riding better than last year, his fitness is great - it looked like he had alot more in the tank today.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
7/5/2014 6:59pm
i hope thats a good a stars check. he was flying and all i could think was"man that gear is janky"Sick
7/5/2014 7:00pm
Eli has no pressure this year, lets see how he does when he has a championship on the line. I'll admit that I was dead wrong about Eli's comeback results. It's awesome to see him and Canard mixing it up. If anyone has to be worried, it's Dungey.
Mr Bean
7/5/2014 7:03pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Don't know why people think Tomac will suddenly go faster than Roczen. Roczen's clearly riding better than last year, his fitness is great - it looked...
Don't know why people think Tomac will suddenly go faster than Roczen. Roczen's clearly riding better than last year, his fitness is great - it looked like he had alot more in the tank today.
Possibly because Tomac is just getting to the party and should continue to improve as the season progresses.
And Roczen had no answer for Tomac last year once Tomac got it together.

Those things might make people wonder if they'll see the "rivalry" renewed.
Harry_Gray
7/5/2014 7:21pm
TsmithMX wrote:
Because Tomac had him covered in the 250's. Obviously he not a threat for the title this year but.. Tomac has two podiums in two races...
Because Tomac had him covered in the 250's. Obviously he not a threat for the title this year but.. Tomac has two podiums in two races coming off of injury. Plus, he's still gaining fitness. Kroc's gotta be thinking about #3. I'm sure Kenny wants to be the best rider when he wins his title. He doesn't want Eli to start beating him
Doubt KROC is worried; think he's more concerned getting an outdoor title this year as opposed to a rider that he has been head and shoulders above when they both transitioned to the 450's this year. Just a thought from the cheap seats...
bigborefan
7/5/2014 7:28pm
He didn't look too worried today.

KROC, Tomac, Dungey, and Canrad, they are all some bad mofos. Second moto today was pretty sweet for a while.
DownSouth
7/5/2014 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 7:34pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
Doubt KROC is worried; think he's more concerned getting an outdoor title this year as opposed to a rider that he has been head and shoulders...
Doubt KROC is worried; think he's more concerned getting an outdoor title this year as opposed to a rider that he has been head and shoulders above when they both transitioned to the 450's this year. Just a thought from the cheap seats...
Roczen is fortunate he did not get hurt in the first heat race of SX at round 1 and miss the first 5 weeks of racing like Tomac did. Nothing they do this year will be on even footing. Give Tomac the healthy season and Roczen two shoulder injuries and a broken collarbone and I doubt Roczen would be "head and shoulders above" Tomac during their rookie season on a 450.
TsmithMX
7/5/2014 7:43pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
Doubt KROC is worried; think he's more concerned getting an outdoor title this year as opposed to a rider that he has been head and shoulders...
DownSouth wrote:
Roczen is fortunate he did not get hurt in the first heat race of SX at round 1 and miss the first 5 weeks of racing...
Roczen is fortunate he did not get hurt in the first heat race of SX at round 1 and miss the first 5 weeks of racing like Tomac did. Nothing they do this year will be on even footing. Give Tomac the healthy season and Roczen two shoulder injuries and a broken collarbone and I doubt Roczen would be "head and shoulders above" Tomac during their rookie season on a 450.
Well said, downsouth, Couldn't have said it any better myself.
jeffro503
7/5/2014 7:47pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Roczen is fortunate he did not get hurt in the first heat race of SX at round 1 and miss the first 5 weeks of racing...
That was perfectly said DS! Switch the roles and we would be having a totally different conversation.

Actually.....same conversation.....just the names being reversed.
chrisbuehler
7/5/2014 8:18pm
Eli has no pressure this year, lets see how he does when he has a championship on the line. I'll admit that I was dead wrong...
Eli has no pressure this year, lets see how he does when he has a championship on the line. I'll admit that I was dead wrong about Eli's comeback results. It's awesome to see him and Canard mixing it up. If anyone has to be worried, it's Dungey.
Yes, because Eli has never won a title before so dealing with championship pressure will be new? Roczen is on his game right now for sure and he's been on the bike all year. If anything I'm sure his battles with Tomac last year have toughened him up. I don't see anyone being able to match Ken the rest of the season and I'm def not his biggest fan. His growing confidence is only more thing to worry about. Hard not to appreciate the talent being displayed at such a young age. That all said, I fully believe Tomac to be his superior in the future. Provided he stays healthy Tomac is RV to Kenny's Dungey. JMO
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/5/2014 9:47pm
Roczen has nothing to worry about with Tomac because Eli is fragile. That is like saying Martin is worried about Wilson, when was the last time either of those two haven't crashed themselves out of a series?
kongols
7/6/2014 12:25am
I take my hat of in front of Baker. He patches all the holes athlete has and makes them nearly perfect. And I mean both, physical and mental.
Crush
7/6/2014 12:56am
I think that title will give Kroc bragging rights, maybe once ET starts gaping Kroc then he might be worried but even then he will have...
I think that title will give Kroc bragging rights, maybe once ET starts gaping Kroc then he might be worried but even then he will have a title on his mind and won't do anything stupid for a Moto win or 2.

Exactly like RV in sx, he played it smart in the middle of the season then turned it up at the last four rounds when it was basically wrapped up.

All I can say is mxdn is going to be awesome this year
I don't think anyone wants to see ET gaping Kenny dude.

Wow.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/6/2014 1:15am
Eli has no pressure this year, lets see how he does when he has a championship on the line. I'll admit that I was dead wrong...
Yes, because Eli has never won a title before so dealing with championship pressure will be new? Roczen is on his game right now for sure...
Yes, because Eli has never won a title before so dealing with championship pressure will be new? Roczen is on his game right now for sure and he's been on the bike all year. If anything I'm sure his battles with Tomac last year have toughened him up. I don't see anyone being able to match Ken the rest of the season and I'm def not his biggest fan. His growing confidence is only more thing to worry about. Hard not to appreciate the talent being displayed at such a young age. That all said, I fully believe Tomac to be his superior in the future. Provided he stays healthy Tomac is RV to Kenny's Dungey. JMO
I disagree Kenny could win before while not training nearly as hard as Eli. Most people in the pits think that Kenny is at the very top of the talent ladder as do I and now he has the training to match his ridiculous amount of natural talent. We will be in for a show though for years to come with these two but If Ken keeps training like he is now I feel the AMA might be dominated by a German for a good while.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
7/6/2014 1:16am
Yes, everyone is so fortunate that Tomac destroys himself every few weeks since he is on a 450...

There should be a trophy for the "for sure fastest rider if he wasn't injured all the time" and the decision should be made by all the vitards on here.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/6/2014 1:16am
lostboy819 wrote:
Roczen has nothing to worry about with Tomac because Eli is fragile. That is like saying Martin is worried about Wilson, when was the last time...
Roczen has nothing to worry about with Tomac because Eli is fragile. That is like saying Martin is worried about Wilson, when was the last time either of those two haven't crashed themselves out of a series?
Umm last year....... I seem to remember Tomac doing alright.
7/6/2014 1:40am
People are hilarious here.Rookie Tomac come back from injury,makes 2 podiums in a row and is regarded as the next Rv.GreatWoohooSilly

Post a reply to: Roczen might be getting a little worried

The Latest