tmphotoart
Fantasy
1233rd
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 8:12pm
Is KTM going to support him since he's leaving
|
TDeath21
7/30/2014 5:58pm
He will be there I'm sure. The guy is a racer and he loves to represent his country.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/30/2014 6:12pm
I thought it was reported he is out due to switching teams.

Hmmm... Not sure now. Unsure
Mickolobe7
7/30/2014 6:28pm
Sorry Im out of the loop what team is Kroc going to RCH?
Jt$
7/30/2014 6:49pm
I've heard out. Would make the most sense given the timing and team change.

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/30/2014 6:57pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Sorry Im out of the loop what team is Kroc going to RCH?
Yes, that's the rumor Wink

Thanks for the info JT.
mjskier
7/30/2014 7:34pm
tmphotoart wrote:
Speaking of support, I'm surprised we haven't seen conspiracy theories about how long after the rumor of KR leaving did Ryan's bike start going faster (or KR's slower)

jeffro503
7/30/2014 9:54pm
tmphotoart wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Speaking of support, I'm surprised we haven't seen conspiracy theories about how long after the rumor of KR leaving did Ryan's bike start going faster (or...
Speaking of support, I'm surprised we haven't seen conspiracy theories about how long after the rumor of KR leaving did Ryan's bike start going faster (or KR's slower)

I don't think it's the bike. Well at least Kenny's. I think maybe RD is starting to make some positive changes on his machine AND his confidence is starting to grow.

FWIW.....I've always remembered RD as a late season charger. Seems to always get stronger at the end of the series. Seems he always starts slow. Most of the time anyways.

Also.....from everything I've read....Kenny is skipping MXoN's this year.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/30/2014 10:08pm
tmphotoart wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Speaking of support, I'm surprised we haven't seen conspiracy theories about how long after the rumor of KR leaving did Ryan's bike start going faster (or...

jeffro503 wrote:
I don't think it's the bike. Well at least Kenny's. I think maybe RD is starting to make some positive changes on his machine AND his...
I don't think it's the bike. Well at least Kenny's. I think maybe RD is starting to make some positive changes on his machine AND his confidence is starting to grow.

FWIW.....I've always remembered RD as a late season charger. Seems to always get stronger at the end of the series. Seems he always starts slow. Most of the time anyways.

Also.....from everything I've read....Kenny is skipping MXoN's this year.
Dungey started changeling Kenny after he switched to the solid triple clamps. I'm sure that's not all.... But that was a monumental change. He's been running them since A1
Huevos
7/30/2014 10:28pm
I'm still so confused as to why Kenny would leave KTM at this point. Hard to imagine Suzuki having more money to pay him than KTM, and he seems to be doing quite well on the pumpkin. Can't say I understand his decision.
Dx3moto
7/30/2014 10:34pm
Well that sucks for Germany. Who will be on their team? Nagl MX1, Shiffer healthy? and Dennis Ullrich? or no team...
dean122
7/30/2014 10:54pm
Huevos wrote:
I'm still so confused as to why Kenny would leave KTM at this point. Hard to imagine Suzuki having more money to pay him than KTM...
I'm still so confused as to why Kenny would leave KTM at this point. Hard to imagine Suzuki having more money to pay him than KTM, and he seems to be doing quite well on the pumpkin. Can't say I understand his decision.
Kenny knows Suzukis, he's ridden them longer in his MX career than KTMs. There are all sorts of factors in his decision to leave KTM other than he's doing well on the bike. He would be great on any bike and it's possible he doens't like the current form of the KTM, but that won't stop him from riding his best. We do know there are personality conflcts that have been ongoing between KTM, his dad and himself.

Other than that, it's all speculation, but I'm sure he's making the best possible decision for his future career. We all have this idea it should be on KTM, but he feels otherwise.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/30/2014 11:19pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Well that sucks for Germany. Who will be on their team? Nagl MX1, Shiffer healthy? and Dennis Ullrich? or no team...
Yes, if Kenny is out, it will suck big time for Germany!!
And I guess the team will be Nagl, Schiffer and Ullrich - not a bad team, but not in contention for a podium.
All of them are 450 riders right now, so the big question is who will be on the 250.
7/31/2014 12:03am
Huevos wrote:
I'm still so confused as to why Kenny would leave KTM at this point. Hard to imagine Suzuki having more money to pay him than KTM...
He loves the Yellow bike and wants to work with the Goat.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/31/2014 12:15am
I read in some magazine that he's not happy with the suspension and its one reason why he switches. He really doesn't like to leave the team because they do a great job but he always struggled with the suspension 250 and 450
wow123
7/31/2014 1:05am
crusty_xx wrote:
I read in some magazine that he's not happy with the suspension and its one reason why he switches. He really doesn't like to leave the...
I read in some magazine that he's not happy with the suspension and its one reason why he switches. He really doesn't like to leave the team because they do a great job but he always struggled with the suspension 250 and 450
a link?

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/31/2014 9:50am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 9:50am
tmphotoart wrote:
Pit Beirer said today in an interview that KTM will fully support Ken at the MXoN, it doesn't matter that he will be on Suzuki next year. The KTM-Contract is until the end of October. So I guess if Roczen misses the MXoN it won't be because of switching brands...
Jt$
7/31/2014 12:14pm
mxmasta wrote:
Pit Beirer said today in an interview that KTM will fully support Ken at the MXoN, it doesn't matter that he will be on Suzuki next...
Pit Beirer said today in an interview that KTM will fully support Ken at the MXoN, it doesn't matter that he will be on Suzuki next year. The KTM-Contract is until the end of October. So I guess if Roczen misses the MXoN it won't be because of switching brands...
Yes but you are assuming that Kenny WANTS to go race a KTM at the end of September. Just because his contract is still current doesn't mean he won't be riding a Suzuki every day long before then.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/31/2014 12:24pm
mxmasta wrote:
Pit Beirer said today in an interview that KTM will fully support Ken at the MXoN, it doesn't matter that he will be on Suzuki next...
Jt$ wrote:
Yes but you are assuming that Kenny WANTS to go race a KTM at the end of September. Just because his contract is still current doesn't...
Yes but you are assuming that Kenny WANTS to go race a KTM at the end of September. Just because his contract is still current doesn't mean he won't be riding a Suzuki every day long before then.
Yes, ok, that sounds reasonable.
Let me put my last sentence this way:

If Roczen doesn't race the MXoN, it's not because of the lack of support from KTM.
Jt$
7/31/2014 12:35pm
mxmasta wrote:
Yes, ok, that sounds reasonable. Let me put my last sentence this way: If Roczen doesn't race the MXoN, it's not because of the lack of...

If Roczen doesn't race the MXoN, it's not because of the lack of support from KTM.
Yep, I agree there.
peelout
7/31/2014 12:53pm
no wonder Dungey decided to race

/sarcasm
Olson
7/31/2014 3:22pm
mxmasta wrote:
Yes, ok, that sounds reasonable. Let me put my last sentence this way: If Roczen doesn't race the MXoN, it's not because of the lack of...

Jt$ wrote:
Yep, I agree there.
What do Suzuki have to say about this? Since his contract ends September 1st I assume his new contract with Suzuki starts there. Can he still ride another brand while under contract with Suzuki?
Brent
7/31/2014 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 7:27pm
Pit Beirer said yes in an interview. Translated badly.

"Should Ken at Motocross of Nations go in Kegums end of September, it is still sitting on a KTM?"

"Of this we go out, because his contract is still running even to the end of October and a German as Team World Champion on a KTM is something great and for us a very nice financial statements!"
2thefront
7/31/2014 8:12pm
tmphotoart wrote:
mjskier wrote:

Well we've pretty much known Roczen was going to RCH since midway through SX so Roczen has been faster after that.

Post a reply to: Roczen in or out of MX des Nations ?

The Latest