Roczen fmop

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
Why not race mxgp rounds to show everyone? I think on a neutral track tg 243 can keep him honest. I still think eli is as good as roczen but there is something not right.

Any reason ken can't race? Would the team be interested in going. A win or two would make it worthwhile wouldn't it?

|
Jt$
8/28/2016 5:30am
The only elite guy maybe going that isn't contractually obligated would be Jmart. Everyone is tired and ready for off season.

Also, it would probably cost the team another 30-40k to add 2 races. You buying?
downard254
8/28/2016 6:06am
I think the phrase "FMOP" needs to have the word "Current" in front of it. "Current FMOP"

Seems the label gets passed around pretty often any more. But what the hey, I don't know shit, right?
Crush
8/28/2016 6:11am
Kenny would win though, let's be real.

The Shop

Braap19
8/28/2016 6:15am
7 or 8 pager. Maybe more if someone talks about bubba in here too.
Helder
8/28/2016 6:19am
Crush wrote:
Kenny would kill these guys in mxgp and I am not a KR fan by any stretch of the imagination
downard254
8/28/2016 6:21am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2016 6:22am
Braap19 wrote:
7 or 8 pager. Maybe more if someone talks about bubba in here too.
"BUBBA"Laughing

Proceed with discussion. My popcorn is getting cold.
8/28/2016 6:32am
If you win with big leads over Tomac and Musquin, or the 450 class in general, you win everywhere.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
8/28/2016 6:43am
What bike do you see him on?
Why would red let him ride and promote yellow
only to risk injury before contract starts?
Hmm, or ride red before having time to get bike right, again , bad for red, or even possible injury.
No upside.
DP#201
8/28/2016 7:17am
Crush wrote:
Helder wrote:
Kenny would kill these guys in mxgp and I am not a KR fan by any stretch of the imagination
James Steward would win those MXGP's with 40 sec + IF had he not been injured, and IF he was racind and IF he was on a 125, and IF...... stop putting Kenny on a pedistal, he is great and could win but no one knows for sure.. Lets be honest, not much comp in the nats this year, besides ET.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
8/28/2016 7:17am
mx 219 wrote:
Why not race mxgp rounds to show everyone? I think on a neutral track tg 243 can keep him honest. I still think eli is as...
Why not race mxgp rounds to show everyone? I think on a neutral track tg 243 can keep him honest. I still think eli is as good as roczen but there is something not right.

Any reason ken can't race? Would the team be interested in going. A win or two would make it worthwhile wouldn't it?

Clearly Eli is not as good as Roczen this year. Why can't you people let that go? There is always this " something is wrong" " the bike" " the team". The only thing that was wrong with anyone not beating Kenny is they couldn't.
downard254
8/28/2016 7:30am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Clearly Eli is not as good as Roczen this year. Why can't you people let that go? There is always this " something is wrong" "...
Clearly Eli is not as good as Roczen this year. Why can't you people let that go? There is always this " something is wrong" " the bike" " the team". The only thing that was wrong with anyone not beating Kenny is they couldn't.
Yep, Kenny was in "the zone" this year. When a rider is a top teir rider, and everything is clicking and in tune with everything else, the only way you're going to beat him is to be in the same boat as him. I'll agree Eli wasn't in "the zone" this year. Pretty rare to see more than one guy in that place in any given year. Oh well, we can dream can't we.
8/28/2016 7:40am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Clearly Eli is not as good as Roczen this year. Why can't you people let that go? There is always this " something is wrong" "...
downard254 wrote:
Yep, Kenny was in "the zone" this year. When a rider is a top teir rider, and everything is clicking and in tune with everything else...
Yep, Kenny was in "the zone" this year. When a rider is a top teir rider, and everything is clicking and in tune with everything else, the only way you're going to beat him is to be in the same boat as him. I'll agree Eli wasn't in "the zone" this year. Pretty rare to see more than one guy in that place in any given year. Oh well, we can dream can't we.
Eli was in "the zone" last year but........
Keep on dreaming.
OleTex
8/28/2016 8:48am
CrGuy2T wrote:
downard254 wrote:
Yep, Kenny was in "the zone" this year. When a rider is a top teir rider, and everything is clicking and in tune with everything else...
Downnard254 is exactly right. Roczen is riding on another level this year and is indeed in "The Zone". It happens in MX and every other sport too. When it does happen, it's something to watch and I don't care if the rider is from Europe, Australia, South Africa or Mars.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/28/2016 8:53am
The biggest difference between Kenny and TG and Febvre is the fact that he makes going that fast look easy. Febvre and TG ride a little out of control and it shows. Eli when he is on is damn near untouchable but he was only on for about 5 Motos this year. Dungey is the only other fast guy to make it look smoth and he was a tick off KR this year.
jamma10
8/28/2016 9:38am
I would say Roczen is the best rider in the world right now.

You can make arguments for a few other guys but when everything's considered Roczen ticks all of the boxes and then some. As soon as he burst onto the MX2 scene aged 15 was obvious he was destined for greatness, so it's been nice to watch him fulfill that potential.

Even if you don't think he's the fastest rider, he's certainly the most well-rounded.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/28/2016 11:14am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Because for two seasons all we heard from KR fans was he was coming back from an injury, or his set up was off. How come KR gets those as a reason for not winning, but when it comes to every one else, it's just an excuse? Anyone without blinders on (i.e. not you) can see that while Kenny was on his A game, Tomac did not gel well with the Kawasaki.
BB67
8/28/2016 11:16am
I didnt see "another level" yet so here it is-----------another level.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
8/28/2016 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2016 12:19pm
Because for two seasons all we heard from KR fans was he was coming back from an injury, or his set up was off. How come...
Because for two seasons all we heard from KR fans was he was coming back from an injury, or his set up was off. How come KR gets those as a reason for not winning, but when it comes to every one else, it's just an excuse? Anyone without blinders on (i.e. not you) can see that while Kenny was on his A game, Tomac did not gel well with the Kawasaki.
Tomac got smoked this year get over it! Just like Dungey did to Roczen last year.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/28/2016 12:27pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
Tomac got smoked this year get over it! Just like Dungey did to Roczen last year.
Smile
jamma10
8/28/2016 12:38pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
Smile
and Roczen did to Dungey the year before that... Wink
mark_swart
8/28/2016 12:56pm
I'd agree that all around Ken is the best right now. But I still think that the actual term FMOP should be stricken from the motocross vernacular forever. It's bad luck.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
8/28/2016 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2016 1:09pm
jamma10 wrote:
and Roczen did to Dungey the year before that... Wink
It was relatively close wasn't it? That was one of the best all out battles. The roczen and tomac 250 outdoor championship was really good to if I remember right. This year's out door season was a straight up whoopin like kinda like Dungey's sx season last year. I'm curious to see how Roczen will do with the pressure from Dungey and Anderson in sx for 2017. It's gonna be a good season next year. Hopefully all the riders stay healthy.
8/28/2016 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2016 1:20pm
Tim has been amazing this year, absolutely phenomenal. But I agree with some of the above comments in that Kenny holds all the keys at the moment. He simply doesn't appear to have any weaknesses right now, he can ride it all. There's also very little drama in his riding style, very little wasted energy or risk.

It can change from season to season but as of now he'd be my pick for being the overall most rounded (and probably fastest) rider in the world right now (again, overall).
Captainc
8/28/2016 2:09pm
Crush wrote:
Helder wrote:
Same way rv2 did
Brent
8/28/2016 2:27pm
Jt$ wrote:
The only elite guy maybe going that isn't contractually obligated would be Jmart. Everyone is tired and ready for off season. Also, it would probably cost...
The only elite guy maybe going that isn't contractually obligated would be Jmart. Everyone is tired and ready for off season.

Also, it would probably cost the team another 30-40k to add 2 races. You buying?
You know full well that there is no tolerance for your common sense and real-world logistics here, MisterWoohoo

Post a reply to: Roczen fmop

The Latest