Roczen backwards hat on podium

Titan1
My apologies if this has already been discussed...but is this just how he likes to wear hats or is he intentionally trying to hide the sponsor logo?

|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/2/2016 2:09pm
Titan1 wrote:
My apologies if this has already been discussed...but is this just how he likes to wear hats or is he intentionally trying to hide the sponsor...
My apologies if this has already been discussed...but is this just how he likes to wear hats or is he intentionally trying to hide the sponsor logo?

This has been discussed multiple times... It's just how he likes to wear it... No sponsor issues.
Titan1
7/2/2016 2:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
My apologies if this has already been discussed...but is this just how he likes to wear hats or is he intentionally trying to hide the sponsor...

ML512 wrote:
This has been discussed multiple times... It's just how he likes to wear it... No sponsor issues.
Thanks! I thought so...
mx317
7/2/2016 2:15pm
It has Redbull on the back also.

The Shop

chuck317
7/2/2016 2:28pm
is he going to a rap concert later?
RMZ#
7/2/2016 2:31pm
Kenny will be taught how to wear that hat correcty by A1. It is time for him to grow up and understand that the hat is a billboard for his sponsors.

shuggs
7/2/2016 2:33pm
Titan1 wrote:

??? What so not enough sponsor on show but YET AGAIN this topic has come up - job done for Roczen
kiwifan
7/2/2016 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2016 2:40pm
RMZ# wrote:
Kenny will be taught how to wear that hat correcty by A1. It is time for him to grow up and understand that the hat is...
Kenny will be taught how to wear that hat correcty by A1. It is time for him to grow up and understand that the hat is a billboard for his sponsors.

oh boy....take an aspirin and have a lie down
RMZ#
7/2/2016 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2016 3:07pm
Titan1 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
??? What so not enough sponsor on show but YET AGAIN this topic has come up - job done for Roczen
Sorry kid. You don't understand the game. Sponsors pay big $ and you can never get enough sponsor exposure in this sport. One of the reason this sport will never grow is the promoters and sponsors are dealing with ignorant kids that don't get it. Alot like yourself. They are use to the world revolving around them, Honda will fix the hat on backwards king.

The way I look at it is the hat is a tool to promote sponsors not to look cool.

7/2/2016 3:17pm
Titan1 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
RMZ# wrote:
Sorry kid. You don't understand the game. Sponsors pay big $ and you can never get enough sponsor exposure in this sport. One of the reason...
Sorry kid. You don't understand the game. Sponsors pay big $ and you can never get enough sponsor exposure in this sport. One of the reason this sport will never grow is the promoters and sponsors are dealing with ignorant kids that don't get it. Alot like yourself. They are use to the world revolving around them, Honda will fix the hat on backwards king.

Yet everyone talks about Roczen's hat and everyone knows it says 'Red Bull' on it. Looks like he's doing a good Job promoting that sponsor.
RMT
7/2/2016 4:04pm
shuggs wrote:
RMZ# wrote:
Sorry kid. You don't understand the game. Sponsors pay big $ and you can never get enough sponsor exposure in this sport. One of the reason...

EnvyMedia wrote:
Yet everyone talks about Roczen's hat and everyone knows it says 'Red Bull' on it. Looks like he's doing a good Job promoting that sponsor.
I'm not arguing about the hat as i don't care how or what he wears, but who is this everyone you are talking about above? Only hard core motoheads know what it says, not your casual sports fan that might see Ken's picture in non moto media. I'm thinking red bull pays Ken to advertise to more than just motocross racers. Rockstar does it right, they have a guy place the hat and drink in the camera shot to maximize exposure. If winning sells product (which it does) then wouldn't you like to see your logo proudly displayed in the podium interview? Advertisers time how long a logo is shown on TV and Ken is not winning this race for red bull. On the other hand, red bull is also selling a lifestyle with their athletes so that's probably why they don't care.
7/2/2016 4:06pm
RMZ# wrote:

Sponsors are already paying him big money and if I'm not mistaken if you're a Red Bull athlete Red Bull "owns your head" in a way, meaning you can't wear something on your head that isn't Red Bull. Kens been with that company for awhile now, so I'm assuming it will continue when he is on Honda, and if Red Bull doesn't have a problem with it being backwards now I doubt they will just because he's on a red bike.
Olson
7/2/2016 4:14pm
MCfan4life wrote:
I seriously can't believe there is a thread about this...
And it's not the first one, probably not the last either.
RMZ#
7/2/2016 4:15pm
Yes!! So get off my lawn kid!
Sully
7/2/2016 4:29pm
Titan1 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

You're the one who doesn't seem to understand; Honda has NO SAY in how Kenny represents his PERSONAL sponsors. They can only control how he reps TEAM sponsors. Every time this stupid subject comes up, you chime in like a bitter old man who thinks the world is going to shit based on the way "these damn kids today" wear their hats.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/2/2016 4:34pm
shuggs wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

Sully wrote:
You're the one who doesn't seem to understand; Honda has [i]NO SAY[/i] in how Kenny represents his [i]PERSONAL[/i] sponsors. They can only control how he reps...
You're the one who doesn't seem to understand; Honda has NO SAY in how Kenny represents his PERSONAL sponsors. They can only control how he reps TEAM sponsors. Every time this stupid subject comes up, you chime in like a bitter old man who thinks the world is going to shit based on the way "these damn kids today" wear their hats.
The other thing RMZ# seems to be overlooking, is the fact that his personal sponsors (being Red Bull, Fox, Oakley, and Stance) like him because of his personality... Which includes not being overly cooperate and some what laid-back. The hat thing is a non issue with Red Bull (they print a logo on the side for these occasions), and when he goes to Honda he will continue to wear a Red Bull only branded hat.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/2/2016 4:35pm
Are some of you guys 250 years old? Hung out with George Washington and can't possibly understand a baseball style hat being worn backwards??
MN361
7/2/2016 4:44pm
Oh geez, this is a major reason I do not post here, I'm going to start wearing my hat inside out
MN361
7/2/2016 4:46pm
Titan1 wrote:

No kidding, time to get over ken dawgs hat, maybe he will wear it inside out with me, if I make it to Millville
pilotdude
7/2/2016 4:57pm
I just think it looks stupid, sponsor or no sponsors.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/2/2016 6:00pm
On the bright side, he wore his helmet the right way in both practices and both motos.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/2/2016 6:05pm
He wasn't even wearing a tie either! He's representing a multi million dollar company on national television and didn't bother to comb his hair beforehand!
Trav138
7/2/2016 6:30pm
Titan1 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
RMZ# wrote:

Winning all but one moto so far this year, Ken gets his sponsors plenty of exposure.

News flash: Ken wins 23 out of 24 moto's, HRC backs out of contract as the old and crusty dudes on vital can't stomach him wearing a hat backwards on the podium!!! Lol
No different when MC was sporting the frosty tips or different color hair, nipple rings etc.
7/2/2016 6:34pm
Maybe he should just have "Red Bull" tattooed on his forehead. That way he wouldn't even need a hat.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
7/2/2016 6:41pm
Titan1 wrote:

Haha yes he did. When you go 1-1 4 races in a row I don't think it really matters how you wear your hat.
TeamGreen
7/2/2016 7:08pm
Titan1 wrote:

His new team will be waaaaaaay too busy celebrating...
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
7/2/2016 7:36pm
I'm confident in saying Kenny doesn't give a shit about what some geezers on vital think about how he wears a hat. It's amazing how some people love to talk about kids these days being a bunch of pussies and then complain about how somebody wears a hat as if people in modern society give a damn.
7/2/2016 8:03pm
RMZ# wrote:
Kenny will be taught how to wear that hat correcty by A1. It is time for him to grow up and understand that the hat is...

Stop, just stop making sense. As you can see, sence will not be tolerated here.

Post a reply to: Roczen backwards hat on podium

The Latest