Roczen To HRC Honda Is A Done Deal...

4/17/2016 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 6:54am
It's a 5 year deal and is for stupid money.

Canard is out. The Kawi rumors are true and that deal is done but don't have any details on it.

Seelys 2 year deal is not signed yet, regardless of what you might hear. He has offers from KTM and a Suzuki team but will likely be back with HRC.

|

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
4/17/2016 8:14pm
The rumor I heard is that it will make him the highest paid rider, EVER.
4/17/2016 8:18pm
It makes sense at some level: HRC needs to win and so does Roczen. He needs to stay and make the bike work for him.
line-up
4/17/2016 8:27pm
It makes sense at some level: HRC needs to win and so does Roczen. He needs to stay and make the bike work for him.
good luck with that
Premixed112
4/17/2016 8:27pm
How often are 5 year contracts given out? That sounds like a hell of a commitment
line-up
4/17/2016 8:28pm
How often are 5 year contracts given out? That sounds like a hell of a commitment
Gajser
4/17/2016 8:36pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Big-time pressure.

Highly talented, charismatic, and in his prime. And also as marketable an athlete as it gets when you consider he's got both a domestic and international following. It's not unjustified money tbh. I just hope he can handle the pressure cooker, cause it's going to be intense.

There's a reason only a few have the mental makeup to win while under that Honda tent. Other than RC and MC (2 of the 3 greatest ever) who else has been able to deliver for the team with the biggest budget? Nobody.

Dungey will be waiting and ready. We're gonna be in for a real show next year.
Premixed112
4/17/2016 8:51pm
line-up wrote:
Gajser
Care to elaborate a bit more?
line-up
4/17/2016 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:14pm
line-up wrote:
Gajser
https://www.facebook.com/345962100804/videos/10153202936225805

PRESS CONFERENCE of TIM GAJSER #243 and ROGER HARVEY on the new 5 years deal with HONDA HRC
August 11, 2015
GD2
Fantasy
854th
4/17/2016 9:18pm
line-up wrote:
Gajser
line-up wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/345962100804/videos/10153202936225805 PRESS CONFERENCE of TIM GAJSER #243 and ROGER HARVEY on the new 5 years deal with HONDA HRC August 11, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/345962100804/videos/10153202936225805

PRESS CONFERENCE of TIM GAJSER #243 and ROGER HARVEY on the new 5 years deal with HONDA HRC
August 11, 2015
jonesaustin
4/17/2016 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:36pm
UpTiTe wrote:
yes but 12 mil now is like 7 mil 7 years ago, etc. it's not just about the number, but how that number works within the the economics of the current time. Ricky Johnson getting $600k in the 1980's was a huge deal, and it still effing is.

then again, more media exposure also heightens things so maybe it IS the "biggest" salary ever. still, it needs to be addressed within context. clayton kershaw makes more than babe ruth, but who made the most impact and is most well known in the sport? that said, love KR so it's great to hear he might get those numbers, he deserves it.
MelonFan123
4/17/2016 9:38pm
yes but 12 mil now is like 7 mil 7 years ago, etc. it's not just about the number, but how that number works within the...
yes but 12 mil now is like 7 mil 7 years ago, etc. it's not just about the number, but how that number works within the the economics of the current time. Ricky Johnson getting $600k in the 1980's was a huge deal, and it still effing is.

then again, more media exposure also heightens things so maybe it IS the "biggest" salary ever. still, it needs to be addressed within context. clayton kershaw makes more than babe ruth, but who made the most impact and is most well known in the sport? that said, love KR so it's great to hear he might get those numbers, he deserves it.
the USD has nearly doubled in 7 years?? Ummmm, no.

$7MM in 2009 is pretty damn close to $7MM in 2016
h&m_cycle
4/17/2016 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:44pm
Big-time pressure. Highly talented, charismatic, and in his prime. And also as marketable an athlete as it gets when you consider he's got both a domestic...
Big-time pressure.

Highly talented, charismatic, and in his prime. And also as marketable an athlete as it gets when you consider he's got both a domestic and international following. It's not unjustified money tbh. I just hope he can handle the pressure cooker, cause it's going to be intense.

There's a reason only a few have the mental makeup to win while under that Honda tent. Other than RC and MC (2 of the 3 greatest ever) who else has been able to deliver for the team with the biggest budget? Nobody.

WTF... What pressure? He's getting the money just like James is... If he races, no matter what...

No Aldon to pay either... Good times...

51xc
4/17/2016 9:40pm
how many topics do we need about this? geeeeee...Unsure
4/17/2016 9:46pm
yes but 12 mil now is like 7 mil 7 years ago, etc. it's not just about the number, but how that number works within the...

the USD has nearly doubled in 7 years?? Ummmm, no.

$7MM in 2009 is pretty damn close to $7MM in 2016
With the way the Feds have been printing money.... I dont think jonesaustin is very far off
Jimmy_Sloan
4/17/2016 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
4/17/2016 9:57pm
Big-time pressure. Highly talented, charismatic, and in his prime. And also as marketable an athlete as it gets when you consider he's got both a domestic...
Big-time pressure.

h&m_cycle wrote:
WTF... What pressure? He's getting the money just like James is... If he races, no matter what...

James feels immense pressure also. This season has been VERY hard on him. But he's already got titles under his belt, and that is part of what he's getting paid for. Whereas Roczen isnt being paid for past titles, he's getting paid to go win NOW.

Suzuki is a far different environment than HRC. Honda aint for everyone. Roczen is going from one of the most laid back atmospheres to probably the most serious. I think it's what he needs but I cant predict how he will handle it. All I know is the guys that did win for Honda were both super intense dudes themselves when racing.

There have been quite a few athletes in other sports that have admitted that when they got the BIG money contract it messed them up due to it's "weight". By no means am I saying Roczen shouldnt have signed the deal. Go for it kid! But while 2nd place is applauded over at RCH, it might as well be last place at HRC.

I guess u could factor in this stupid chase format and say that it really will play into Roczen's favor. He dont have to worry about any pressure that would normally be building 3/4 into a season where he just cant crack Dungey.
JB479
4/17/2016 9:58pm
Isn't Gasjer suppose to be heading to America if he wins the mxgp title this year?

If so thats a pretty strong team. (outdoors)

Money
4/17/2016 10:00pm
I believe if he wins the title his plan is America? Wasn't he supposed to come this year but won the mx2 title then decide to race mx1 since he won the title?
Sully
4/17/2016 10:05pm
James feels immense pressure also. This season has been VERY hard on him. But he's already got titles under his belt, and that is part of...
James feels immense pressure also. This season has been VERY hard on him. But he's already got titles under his belt, and that is part of what he's getting paid for. Whereas Roczen isnt being paid for past titles, he's getting paid to go win NOW.

Suzuki is a far different environment than HRC. Honda aint for everyone. Roczen is going from one of the most laid back atmospheres to probably the most serious. I think it's what he needs but I cant predict how he will handle it. All I know is the guys that did win for Honda were both super intense dudes themselves when racing.

There have been quite a few athletes in other sports that have admitted that when they got the BIG money contract it messed them up due to it's "weight". By no means am I saying Roczen shouldnt have signed the deal. Go for it kid! But while 2nd place is applauded over at RCH, it might as well be last place at HRC.

I guess u could factor in this stupid chase format and say that it really will play into Roczen's favor. He dont have to worry about any pressure that would normally be building 3/4 into a season where he just cant crack Dungey.
I think the pressure from the team could work in Kenny's favor. He did well with KTM, and it could be argued that they're along the same intensity as (modern) HRC.
Jimmy_Sloan
4/17/2016 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:08pm
JB479 wrote:
Isn't Gasjer suppose to be heading to America if he wins the mxgp title this year?

If so thats a pretty strong team. (outdoors)

Honda planning to retake its glory days back (the 80s for you youngsters)?
h&m_cycle
4/17/2016 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:11pm
Big-time pressure.

h&m_cycle wrote:

James feels immense pressure also. This season has been VERY hard on him. But he's already got titles under his belt, and that is part of...

Only pressure I see is IF Kenny Has to Win to get paid... I hope he keeps it on 2 wheels and finishes in the
top 5 for the next 5 years... Sounds like good times to me...

I'm done in this thread... People have no common sense at all... The young man hit the Lottery...

Pressure is when your engine in your Freightliner is knocking and you got a 2k monthly payment...

Pressure is when you're waiting to find out if you have cancer or not...
4/17/2016 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:45pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

h&m_cycle wrote:
Only pressure I see is [b]IF[/b] Kenny Has to [b]Win[/b] to get paid... I hope he keeps it on 2 wheels and finishes in the top...
Only pressure I see is IF Kenny Has to Win to get paid... I hope he keeps it on 2 wheels and finishes in the
top 5 for the next 5 years... Sounds like good times to me...

I'm done in this thread... People have no common sense at all... The young man hit the Lottery...

Pressure is when your engine in your Freightliner is knocking and you got a 2k monthly payment...

Pressure is when you're waiting to find out if you have cancer or not...
Waiting on a cancer test is called "stress". Because it's largely out of your control.

I'm talking about the type of pressure one feels when things are in their control but they arent getting the results they want despite trying everything they got to get the results.

You just see the paycheck and think he's got it made. His "lottery ticket" has strings attached. Money does not solve problems, it amplifies them. That's coming from someone that has been both so broke that I didnt know where my next meal was coming from and at other times of my life had more $ than I knew how to spend.

A winning lottery ticket wont erase the pain of finding out you have terminal cancer. Roczen's paycheck isnt going to make losing a race any easier to accept.

In a non-chase format season, going the way his current 2016 season is going, things would be VERY intense in the HRC pits right now for any rider getting $12m a year. That's Valentino Rossi type money. You got people that had to convince Honda bean counters that $12m would get them a championship. People's jobs are on the line. Everyone knows it. Everyone feels it. And it builds with every race. The folks at HRC dont roll over. They work harder and harder and harder until they get the results they expect. Eventually every stone gets overturned and then EVERYONE is looking at the rider like, "you're the only part of this equation that isnt delivering".

Ive worked for a factory team during a situation just like this. They broke the bank for a rider they thought would win them a title. Major strings had to be pulled to get the budget to sign him. It's a very intense environment if things arent going as planned.

But I agree with Sully. This is what Roczen needed. He's at the right point of his career where this will be good for him. I think Dungey has his work cut out for him. And due to the chase format, Im gonna pick Roczen to win the title next year.
kiwifan
4/17/2016 11:27pm
Waiting on a cancer test is called "stress". Because it's largely out of your control. I'm talking about the type of pressure one feels when things...
Waiting on a cancer test is called "stress". Because it's largely out of your control.

I'm talking about the type of pressure one feels when things are in their control but they arent getting the results they want despite trying everything they got to get the results.

You just see the paycheck and think he's got it made. His "lottery ticket" has strings attached. Money does not solve problems, it amplifies them. That's coming from someone that has been both so broke that I didnt know where my next meal was coming from and at other times of my life had more $ than I knew how to spend.

A winning lottery ticket wont erase the pain of finding out you have terminal cancer. Roczen's paycheck isnt going to make losing a race any easier to accept.

In a non-chase format season, going the way his current 2016 season is going, things would be VERY intense in the HRC pits right now for any rider getting $12m a year. That's Valentino Rossi type money. You got people that had to convince Honda bean counters that $12m would get them a championship. People's jobs are on the line. Everyone knows it. Everyone feels it. And it builds with every race. The folks at HRC dont roll over. They work harder and harder and harder until they get the results they expect. Eventually every stone gets overturned and then EVERYONE is looking at the rider like, "you're the only part of this equation that isnt delivering".

Ive worked for a factory team during a situation just like this. They broke the bank for a rider they thought would win them a title. Major strings had to be pulled to get the budget to sign him. It's a very intense environment if things arent going as planned.

But I agree with Sully. This is what Roczen needed. He's at the right point of his career where this will be good for him. I think Dungey has his work cut out for him. And due to the chase format, Im gonna pick Roczen to win the title next year.
Good points....not that the chase format is a given for 2017, but either way KR will be a strong contender

If deal is done and dusted, then he can hop on the new Honda and ensure its ready for the next season earlier rather then still sorting out contracts

I also agree with CS still being at Honda as per previous posts

Post a reply to: Roczen To HRC Honda Is A Done Deal...

The Latest