Roczen Haters / Couch Racers

Nev615
So much "he will never be the same after this injury, he will slow down like the rest if he ever comes back" bullshit going on. People forget Villopoto back in 2010 at St. Louis smashed his leg up pretty bad bailing on a triple. Comes back to win 4 straight 450sx titles. So many crystal ball readers here.
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/24/2017 12:40am
Probably the same people that expected him to make this a boring season. It's the flow of the trend, nothing more.
1/24/2017 12:57am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2017 12:57am
The haters are just trying to give him motivation to become better. No one actually hopes that he won't get back into racing shape.

It's a serious injury. It will take time. Nobody knows what will happen.
Turbojez
1/24/2017 1:30am
Roczen will be just fine, he's young and still has the time to rebound. I will keep my fingers crossed for him anyway.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
1/24/2017 6:43am
Turbojez wrote:
Roczen will be just fine, he's young and still has the time to rebound. I will keep my fingers crossed for him anyway.
X2. He will be returning with something to prove.

The Shop

Fourth_Floor
1/24/2017 7:13am
I hope he is able to rebound and pick up where he left off. Crashes like that have to be tough to get over mentally though, where he blatantly did nothing wrong and other guys were using that same line throughout the main. I remember reading Tomac saying something like "these kinds of crashes have me scratching my head" after his huge get off during the 2015 outdoors. I would think it would be easier to mentally come back from a crash that you know you fucked up and be like "well, I'll try not to do that again" but these ones that come up and bite these guys out of nowhere gotta be rough. He will rebound though, the guy is a beast.
TDeath21
1/24/2017 7:28am
What's the recovery time? Will he be ready for MX? For those saying his career won't be the same, they could be right. You just never know how guys will rebound from injuries. Especially wrist injuries. Those seem to really hinder riders. I hope he comes back better than ever ASAP.
kkawboy14
1/24/2017 7:38am
I'm not a Roczen hater or a couch rider! That kid has madd skilz.

I stated "I will be surprised if he races again".....I was saying that for the sake of those who didn't understand the severity of what he is going to go thru emotionally and physically. In order for them to have an understanding that they are running their mouths about a kid who's whole career is in jeopardy. The thing that a kid loves to do, his recreation, his hobby and his job could be taken away......and you choose to be happy because he wore a suit to a presser? Because you think he's cocky? Because you think now your guy can win easy? Because you hate Honda? Because you think his SHIFT gear is ugly? Yikes, those people should never throw a leg over a bike, just stay home!
Moto520
1/24/2017 7:38am
There was a bunch of guys on Vital the moment the crash happened that were talking shit (for lack of a better description). The mods did a great job of cleaning it up. I was personally furious about the responses but, again, the mods made it go away.
mattmatt300
1/24/2017 7:40am
I think he will get back up to speed and do well outdoors. I also think that he will never win a big bike supercross title. Stats support that claim. If he had any hope this year was it and even then it was a long shot.
1/24/2017 7:42am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2017 7:42am
Nev615 wrote:
So much "he will never be the same after this injury, he will slow down like the rest if he ever comes back" bullshit going on...
So much "he will never be the same after this injury, he will slow down like the rest if he ever comes back" bullshit going on. People forget Villopoto back in 2010 at St. Louis smashed his leg up pretty bad bailing on a triple. Comes back to win 4 straight 450sx titles. So many crystal ball readers here.
It fit's right in with the other gems:

KTM was never gonna do good in the US.
Dungey will never win another championship.

People making those bold claims just prove they know jack shit about the sport.
kkawboy14
1/24/2017 7:42am
Nev615 wrote:
So much "he will never be the same after this injury, he will slow down like the rest if he ever comes back" bullshit going on...
The badly dislocated elbow and little bones in his wrist that got jammed up along with hitting his head is what makes it far worse that Villopotos tib fib break. You can believe that that leg break is part of the reason he quit racing!
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
1/24/2017 7:49am
Kenny's pretty young and has access to the best doctors in the world. He'll be okay.
beamer
1/24/2017 8:38am
On the bright side it was his left arm and not the throttle hand.
Flatliner
1/24/2017 8:52am
Some pretty serious injuries for anyone of any age. No way to know what's going to happen.
jeffro503
1/24/2017 8:57am
Well , so many different things can happen in a season , or an entire year. There are lots of races that happen in a 12 month span , so there is a really big chance that almost all the guys will suffer some sort of an injury. Kenny has already proved that he definitely has what it takes to win , and win a lot. He's made two mistakes on that Honda ( This past weekend and the MEC ) , but bad things can happen to anyone , at any time.

RV when he blew his leg apart , but came back stronger than ever. RD breaking a vertebrae in his neck , looks faster than ever. Tomac put on 5 moto's in a row of utter domination on that Honda a couple years ago ( Although he's lost something since then , not sure what? ) And now Kenny.....which will be fine I bet once he gets going again. These top athletes find ways to make things work again. And Kenny is one determined son of a bitch. I see him coming back and hauling ass just like he did before. Last years outdoors was a clinic if I've ever seen one.

Have some faith in these guys , they are freakin' animals.
TXDirt
1/24/2017 9:04am
This year is probably over. MX starts in 116 days from now and he won't be on a bike by then. I would assume he will try and rehab like a beast and be fully ready by 2018 SX.

For those saying he won't be the same, or won't race anymore, or blah blah blah might want to go look up Doug Henry. He broke his back one year, broke both his arms the next year and then the year after that came back and won 450MX title (1998 is was called 250MX still).

He will be back. The Dark Knight will rise again!

cslacker
1/24/2017 9:09am
Nev615 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
The badly dislocated elbow and little bones in his wrist that got jammed up along with hitting his head is what makes it far worse that...
The badly dislocated elbow and little bones in his wrist that got jammed up along with hitting his head is what makes it far worse that Villopotos tib fib break. You can believe that that leg break is part of the reason he quit racing!
I don't think people understand the severity of a dislocated elbow(not to mention his wrist injury). They tend to never fully heal. The ligaments stretch during a dislocation and the other injuries prevented them from being able to set it based on KR's post on Sunday. I am a big KR fan and hope he defies the odds on this one and bounces back with a vengeance. But even then I don't see it happening by the time outdoors rolls around. I hope I'm wrong.
Forty
1/24/2017 9:18am
beamer wrote:
On the bright side it was his left arm and not the throttle hand.
Actually a really good point.
rbm33
Fantasy
1947th
1/24/2017 9:27am
Well.... He wouldn't be the first great rider to have a career cut short due to a wrist injury. hopefully he will regain full strength and full range of motion.
BAMX
1/24/2017 10:08am
cslacker wrote:
I don't think people understand the severity of a dislocated elbow(not to mention his wrist injury). They tend to never fully heal. The ligaments stretch during...
I don't think people understand the severity of a dislocated elbow(not to mention his wrist injury). They tend to never fully heal. The ligaments stretch during a dislocation and the other injuries prevented them from being able to set it based on KR's post on Sunday. I am a big KR fan and hope he defies the odds on this one and bounces back with a vengeance. But even then I don't see it happening by the time outdoors rolls around. I hope I'm wrong.
This is my reason for concern. I think that people who haven't had a wrist issue underestimate it. I broke my arm down near my wrist. It was plated and healed perfect. The problem was that the plates caused a problem with side to side mobility which made it hard to ride. Leaning the bike the same way that I had in the past wasn't happening and it was frustrating. Luckily for me, I was able to have the hardware removed and the mobility came back. Hopefully, he is able to do the same and will be 100%.
mx836
1/24/2017 10:13am
Turbojez wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
X2. He will be returning with something to prove.
Just like Tomac. Tongue None of us know what will happen when he returns.

Hopefully he gets right back to where he left off. Not everybody can come back from an injury like that and win 4 championships like RV. Injuries slow some down more than others. We will see.
mx836
1/24/2017 10:16am
TXDirt wrote:
This year is probably over. MX starts in 116 days from now and he won't be on a bike by then. I would assume he will...
This year is probably over. MX starts in 116 days from now and he won't be on a bike by then. I would assume he will try and rehab like a beast and be fully ready by 2018 SX.

For those saying he won't be the same, or won't race anymore, or blah blah blah might want to go look up Doug Henry. He broke his back one year, broke both his arms the next year and then the year after that came back and won 450MX title (1998 is was called 250MX still).

I certainly do hope you are correct, but there is only one Doug Henry and Kenny ain't it. Cool
kkawboy14
1/24/2017 11:21am
TXDirt wrote:
This year is probably over. MX starts in 116 days from now and he won't be on a bike by then. I would assume he will...

mx836 wrote:
I certainly do hope you are correct, but there is only one Doug Henry and Kenny ain't it. Cool
I think all are hoping, man if he pulls it off, he's a beast!
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
1/24/2017 11:39am
Moto520 wrote:
There was a bunch of guys on Vital the moment the crash happened that were talking shit (for lack of a better description). The mods did...
There was a bunch of guys on Vital the moment the crash happened that were talking shit (for lack of a better description). The mods did a great job of cleaning it up. I was personally furious about the responses but, again, the mods made it go away.
Kr is a phenomenal rider, fun to watch and his crash was terrible and we all hated to see it no doubt...

However...do you really think kr didn't provoke any backlash with his social media meltdowns of teenage proportion? Have you been on Facebook or YouTube lately? Concern for human safety is long gone...it's all agenda now...

i didn't read many of them...but I guess you are right that there is a difference between saying 'figured that might happen' and 'hahah told you so'

"the twigs we bend on the way to the top become the branches we hit on the way down..."
F.B
1/24/2017 11:59am
Leave quad riders alone!!!!!
1/24/2017 2:26pm
Nev615 wrote:
I would say badly dislocated elbow etc etc could be more of an issue than RV's Tib Fib long term.
No one knows for sure though so we will have to wait and see. I don't see him being back this year though which sucks.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
1/24/2017 2:35pm
I know the pros don't seem to wear elbow pads or anything unnecessary that adds weight that might add .01 seconds to their lap time. I get it.

But, the gear I have from the 80's I believe may have prevented Ken from breaking his wrist/forearm. I've crashed in it and didn't feel a thing.

I'll see if I can find all the parts and post a picture later.
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
1/24/2017 5:20pm
Jealous people mostly.

Post a reply to: Roczen Haters / Couch Racers

The Latest