Roczen: "GP schedule easier than AMA"

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
7/19/2016 3:36pm
RG1 wrote:
There are too many races in the US and not enough breaks. It does make me laugh though when Matthes goes on about the USGP's and...
There are too many races in the US and not enough breaks. It does make me laugh though when Matthes goes on about the USGP's and how pointless they are and how it's stupid that Monster makes the guys do them. I get that they are a bit pointless for US riders, but he never says anything like that about the Monster Cup and that is the most pointless race there is
monster cup has a possible payout for a winner of $100k-1 million. a GP pays $0.
IceMan446
7/19/2016 3:43pm
RG1 wrote:
There are too many races in the US and not enough breaks. It does make me laugh though when Matthes goes on about the USGP's and...
There are too many races in the US and not enough breaks. It does make me laugh though when Matthes goes on about the USGP's and how pointless they are and how it's stupid that Monster makes the guys do them. I get that they are a bit pointless for US riders, but he never says anything like that about the Monster Cup and that is the most pointless race there is
monster cup has a possible payout for a winner of $100k-1 million. a GP pays $0.
Exactly.

Huge difference when you are risking your life for a race that really doesnt mean anything.

51xc
7/19/2016 7:21pm
ken told german media he will only race MEC as off season race because he will get his back looked at again and wants to go to germany and on holidays with his girl. of course things can change but that's the plan for him as of last week.

OleTex
7/19/2016 9:00pm
51xc wrote:
ken told german media he will only race MEC as off season race because he will get his back looked at again and wants to go...
ken told german media he will only race MEC as off season race because he will get his back looked at again and wants to go to germany and on holidays with his girl. of course things can change but that's the plan for him as of last week.

Good for him. Smart move.

The Shop

ocscottie
7/19/2016 9:16pm
Im all for cutting the SX season down to 15 races and have 2 more off weekends during the series, 17 races in 18 weekend is just ridiculous IMO. We wonder why the field is so depleted by round 10, the US schedule is retarded and what is expected from these riders is out of hand. Hell even im beat by the end of SX and im only here posting on the board!

...and yes i know its a pipe dream and will never happen, but it should!
7/19/2016 9:25pm
ocscottie wrote:
Im all for cutting the SX season down to 15 races and have 2 more off weekends during the series, 17 races in 18 weekend is...
Im all for cutting the SX season down to 15 races and have 2 more off weekends during the series, 17 races in 18 weekend is just ridiculous IMO. We wonder why the field is so depleted by round 10, the US schedule is retarded and what is expected from these riders is out of hand. Hell even im beat by the end of SX and im only here posting on the board!

I'd also like to see more breaks thrown in either in MX or SX to prolong the season and give guys a chance to rest.
zehn
7/19/2016 9:35pm
ocscottie wrote:
Im all for cutting the SX season down to 15 races and have 2 more off weekends during the series, 17 races in 18 weekend is...

I'd also like to see more breaks thrown in either in MX or SX to prolong the season and give guys a chance to rest.
A longer season means a shorter offseason... I think guys would prefer to have a "real" time away from racing and training as opposed to a week or two where you aren't racing but are still training IMO.
51xc
7/19/2016 9:55pm
isn't the chase format supposed to give the riders a 'easier' first half or so of the season. (I have zero experience with chase formats!)
philG
7/20/2016 12:16am
51xc wrote:
isn't the chase format supposed to give the riders a 'easier' first half or so of the season. (I have zero experience with chase formats!)
The 'Chase Format' makes all of the races less important.

Nobody cares about races that are just a pre-amble . Make them count, or just don't run them .
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/20/2016 12:41am
51xc wrote:
philG wrote:
The 'Chase Format' makes all of the races less important. Nobody cares about races that are just a pre-amble . Make them count, or just don't...

Nobody cares about races that are just a pre-amble . Make them count, or just don't run them .
It is no coincidence that when you are saying "Chase Format" in English, it sounds like you are saying "Shit Format" (Scheißformat) in German Wink
RG1
7/20/2016 2:00am
51xc wrote:
philG wrote:
The 'Chase Format' makes all of the races less important. Nobody cares about races that are just a pre-amble . Make them count, or just don't...

All the SX races count for something. Every rider knows what the format is before the start of the season, there's nothing wrong with it
philG
7/20/2016 4:37am
mxmasta wrote:
It is no coincidence that when you are saying "Chase Format" in English, it sounds like you are saying "Shit Format" (Scheißformat) in German Wink
It's not lol.

I used to follow British Superbike, they have gone to a chase format, stopped watching. When you are racing for podium credits, who cares.

Post a reply to: Roczen: "GP schedule easier than AMA"

The Latest