Roczen

Jmicmoto13
Pride cometh before a fall. As Ralph would say, Roczen just made a statement! Really hope he is alright though. Terrible crash.
|
twotwosix
1/21/2017 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 9:49pm
Broken arm. Praying for Kenny, but that was pure over-confidence.
MotoX85
1/21/2017 9:50pm
I'm sick of super get all the riders hurt cross. Time for outdoor only racing.
TXDirt
1/21/2017 9:50pm
That's a shit statement man. Big crashes can happen at anytime. That's why these racers are modern day gladiators.
Krallang
1/21/2017 9:51pm
That wasn't even a matter of him overriding the track. Simply hit a kicker. That sucks.

The Shop

RF145
MotoX85 wrote:
I'm sick of super get all the riders hurt cross. Time for outdoor only racing.
RD broke his neck outdoors in what looked like a simple tip over......
dirtnapper
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Pride cometh before a fall. As Ralph would say, Roczen just made a statement! Really hope he is alright though. Terrible crash.
It was gonna happen. It was absolutely gonna happen.

It went to his head and he was a little too cocky, a little too sure of himself.

Get well Kenny
Jmicmoto13
Yeah I'm gutted for him as he was making this season crazy exciting so far.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/21/2017 9:56pm
Maybe one of you know-it-alls could explain me what that crash had to do with cockiness or confidence?
Nothing? Thought so.

It's not like he was going all over the place trying to catch Seely. He settled into pace and took his time. He has taken that line all day, not sure what changed from the lap before.
cali11
1/21/2017 9:57pm
Damn that sucks hope it's not broke. If it is JS7 on a factory Honda
Jmicmoto13
1/21/2017 9:58pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Maybe one of you know-it-alls could explain me what that crash had to do with cockiness or confidence? Nothing? Thought so. It's not like he was...
Maybe one of you know-it-alls could explain me what that crash had to do with cockiness or confidence?
Nothing? Thought so.

It's not like he was going all over the place trying to catch Seely. He settled into pace and took his time. He has taken that line all day, not sure what changed from the lap before.
Nothing in this race was from his attitude but him running his mouth for the last few weeks doesnt help his cause. I'm not satisfied that it bit him as that was brutal and I wouldn't wish that on anyone but hopefully he will be a little more humble and lay off the Aldon digs at every turn now.
bronwynrayne
1/21/2017 9:58pm
That was so sad to see. I agree, looks like he just hit a kicker and threw him off his rhythm. Crazy seeing them bail their bikes mid air at that speed.
Acidreamer
1/21/2017 10:02pm
He was riding so well. Cut to a different camera and he was flying. Literally yelled what the fuck. Wet and soft spots develop like that at my local track so i know how shitty they are. Well hopefully next year webb can give dungey a run for his money i guess
Gandorlf
I thought he'd make a mistake at some point but I don't think that was his fault. My heart sank when he left the bike and didn't get up that looked really bad. Don't like to see anyone go down and not get up!! Get well soon Kroc!!

Like Dungey said, that section got so nasty the ruts were really deep.
TXDirt
crusty_xx wrote:
Maybe one of you know-it-alls could explain me what that crash had to do with cockiness or confidence? Nothing? Thought so. It's not like he was...
Nothing? Thought so.

Too many haters here. That's all.

You line up to race and you sometimes hit a bad kicker man. Ken has been on point. He didn't even make a mistake. It's just racing. But too many dumb people around here to comprehend that.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
1/21/2017 10:03pm
On the plus side, at least it happened early in the season, you'd have to think there's plenty of time to heal up for outdoors
Hank_Thrill
1/21/2017 10:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 10:32pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Nothing? Thought so.

When a rider perceives his ability to be several steps ahead of all his competition, as Ken has stated, it causes internal pressure to do whatever it takes to win when they are any position but first (reality must reflect the belief, correct?). James Stewart used to do this all the time - 2011 races being a great example.

What really sucks about Ken's wreck tonight is that it happened after he seemed to calm down a bit once he was into third. I bet a friend $100 bucks last week Ken would have a big points-costing wreck before Daytona. I hate seeing what happened; I just want to see great battles like we saw last weekend.

Edit: removed MC quote
aeffertz
1/21/2017 10:13pm
Anyone blaming his get off on his "cockiness" is just stupid. Let's get real and have an ounce of compassion. FFS.
Jmicmoto13
1/21/2017 10:14pm
When a rider perceives his ability to be several steps ahead of all his competition, as Ken has stated, it causes internal pressure to do whatever...
When a rider perceives his ability to be several steps ahead of all his competition, as Ken has stated, it causes internal pressure to do whatever it takes to win when they are any position but first (reality must reflect the belief, correct?). James Stewart used to do this all the time - 2011 races being a great example.

What really sucks about Ken's wreck tonight is that it happened after he seemed to calm down a bit once he was into third. I bet a friend $100 bucks last week Ken would have a big points-costing wreck before Daytona. I hate seeing what happened; I just want to see great battles like we saw last weekend.

Edit: removed MC quote
^^^ this, word for word. Exactly.
1/21/2017 10:17pm
Im a dungey fan. However hate seeing ken in that shape. Roczen to me very likable funny guy. Hope he comes back soon with the same speed
bama205
1/21/2017 10:17pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Nothing? Thought so.

TXDirt wrote:
Too many haters here. That's all. You line up to race and you sometimes hit a bad kicker man. Ken has been on point. He didn't...
Too many haters here. That's all.

You line up to race and you sometimes hit a bad kicker man. Ken has been on point. He didn't even make a mistake. It's just racing. But too many dumb people around here to comprehend that.
Haters like the ones who have said it's too early to compare him to MC, RC, & RV ? Is that hating?

Was KR just relying on his skills too much?
Huevos
1/21/2017 10:18pm
Roczen straight pulled a Tomac. Like Icarus, flying too close to the sun. Biggest get off I've seen in years.
Jmicmoto13
1/21/2017 10:21pm
So now the question becomes, now that Dungey essentially has the title in the bag, barring any terrible wrecks, does he retire on top and Tomac take his spot next year? Cuz I don't see Tomac riding green next year lol
Superdave19
1/21/2017 10:24pm
Man on the bright side, it could have been sooo much worse. That could have easily been a wheelchair crash- I think a broken arm is just one of many injuries on that one.. ribs, concussion are the first ones to come to mind.

Gutted for him for sure.
endurox
1/21/2017 10:25pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
So now the question becomes, now that Dungey essentially has the title in the bag, barring any terrible wrecks, does he retire on top and Tomac...
So now the question becomes, now that Dungey essentially has the title in the bag, barring any terrible wrecks, does he retire on top and Tomac take his spot next year? Cuz I don't see Tomac riding green next year lol
I agree about Tomac on orange next year. Dungey has not earned a championship this year yet, lots of racing and the Moose can is getting close, only 7 points back.
Mx286
1/21/2017 10:25pm
You guys saying his cockiness is what got him are just flat out stupid. Hit a kicker and shit like that just happens. Hope he heals up quick.
jeffro503
1/21/2017 10:27pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
So now the question becomes, now that Dungey essentially has the title in the bag, barring any terrible wrecks, does he retire on top and Tomac...
There is sooooo much more racing this season. yeah RD is a good bet , but did you see the heat race? Shit can happen. Unfortunately it happened to Ken tonight. God damn that was brutal.
Jmicmoto13
1/21/2017 10:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
There is sooooo much more racing this season. yeah RD is a good bet , but did you see the heat race? Shit can happen. Unfortunately...
There is sooooo much more racing this season. yeah RD is a good bet , but did you see the heat race? Shit can happen. Unfortunately it happened to Ken tonight. God damn that was brutal.
Agreed, anything can happen to anyone at anytime. But the diesel will be the diesel. I'm just trying to speculate for my guy Tomac. He needs a change and bag. He's in the gutter right now mentally.
fox1nz
1/21/2017 10:31pm
Honda Curse strikes again, good crash though. Win or Crash taking after the great #7. Hope he's back soon.
Jerkolantern
1/21/2017 10:31pm
I love how people love to say horrible shit about one another, he was confident yes, he has to be, do you think you suck? The poor guy wasn't doing anything wrong or unethical, he ADDED a huge plus to sx, he was capable of beating dungy, and everyone's like evil smiling behind the keyboard like super douches. I for one feel horrible for the kid, suits, sweet rides, kid has class
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
1/21/2017 10:34pm
Too soon?

Note: I'm a huge KR fan.

Post a reply to: Roczen

The Latest