Rockstar Energy Drink, Inc.--the whole shooting match---for sale?

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:10am
Sponsorship dollars could take a hit:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1921669820101119?feedType=RSS

Predictably, the energy drink space continues to consolidate, which will increasingly reduce the pool of potential sponsorship dollars from this sector. Will be interesting to see what the end game is for Rockstar, the company. For those at work who cannot view the link, Rockstar has hired the banksters at Goldman-Sacks to look for a shill, er, uh, pansy, er, uh, potential buyer for the company.

|
Blake
12/2/2010 1:45pm
Sell now before its worth nothing?

This sport is fucked without them.
Chris_ONeal
12/2/2010 1:49pm
Remember when MySpace was worth a billion dollars? Wonder what its worth now?? I can't see Rockstar out selling Red Bull.
12/2/2010 2:25pm
the owners name is russ wiener.

Did anyone else see the giant boobs at the bottom of the page?
freeh
12/2/2010 3:19pm

I believe that is Michael Savage's(Weiner) son.

The Shop

stillwelding
12/2/2010 4:52pm

Are you talking about the giant boobs here on VitalMX or the large breasts on the Reuters page? Tongue
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/2/2010 4:56pm

freeh wrote:
I believe that is Michael Savage's(Weiner) son.
it is
mxbile131
12/2/2010 4:56pm
If anyone can put something together its Goldman. Industry leading investment bank
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/2/2010 4:58pm
Blake wrote:

not really, supercross will do just fine without rockstar. Suzuki and the nationals might be in trouble without them though
Sandberm
12/2/2010 5:33pm
"The options under consideration include "a sale, going public, new investment or selling debt," according to trade publication Beverage Digest, which reported the news first."

That paragraph from the Reuters article makes it seem as if some action NEEDS to be taken, not just somebody that is bored and wants to move on to new ventures.

Selling debt?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/2/2010 5:52pm
Blake wrote:

People probably said the same with Camel. And Wrangler. And Amp'd Mobile. And Chevy Trucks. And...
12/2/2010 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 7:06pm
Blake wrote:

GuyB wrote:
People probably said the same with Camel. And Wrangler. And Amp'd Mobile. And Chevy Trucks. And...
Agreed.

I don't see this market just disappearing over night. It my taper off soon and stay t a lower level with only a few key players (Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar) while the lower key companies (DNA, ARMA) fall by the wayside. The demand for this product is high, it has a solid consumer base, and it has marketing like no other current industry. You can argue that economic times will hinder it, but has long has people are buying cigarettes at 4-6 dollars a pack, they will buy energy drinks, because a share of the market are buying both in the same purchase at the gas station.
B DUB 333
12/2/2010 6:48pm

Yep, I find the bra expose more interesting as a matter of fact. Good eye L.O.B.
12/2/2010 7:03pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Yep, I find the bra expose more interesting as a matter of fact. Good eye L.O.B.
Thanks, I have antennas for stuff like that.
Gio
12/2/2010 7:04pm
Blake wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Not to mention "Chesterfield": back in Europe in the 90's they were as ubiquitous as "Monster" is today!

OK, Mr Sepkovic, it is time for you to find the next big corporate sponsor!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/2/2010 7:07pm
Blake wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Coors also. Wink

Out with the old,in with the new.
Spinner
12/2/2010 8:07pm
I already knew about this but didn't want to say anything.
Blake
12/2/2010 9:17pm
We are running out of industries who dont realize moto is where there is minimal ROI.

None of those industries are going to lose out by not sponsoring moto.

All of those can get as much or more of the same exact audience in other sports/activities.

Heres one. Remember Giant RV. They are gone.
How many wakeboard boats did they sell by having a boat at the SX?
They arent selling bikes, so maybe they are selling boats?

12/2/2010 10:09pm
I know we switched to Canidae dog food for our dogs because they supported moto. So that is one outside sponsor that worked for us atleast.
12/2/2010 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 10:32pm
BattlezFMX wrote:
I know we switched to Canidae dog food for our dogs because they supported moto. So that is one outside sponsor that worked for us atleast.
I have it on reasonable authority that the Canidae people were aware of favourable comments about their products posted on this Forum.

All positive feedback helps.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/2/2010 10:46pm
BattlezFMX wrote:
I think Canidae is gone from the Rockstar Energy Suzuki sponsor roster.
12/2/2010 10:56pm
GuyB wrote:
I hope SX/MX hasn't lost Canidae. They've been, and continue to be, supporters of motorsports.

Ashleymx
12/3/2010 12:39am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2010 12:40am
Blake wrote:
We are running out of industries who dont realize moto is where there is minimal ROI. None of those industries are going to lose out by...
We are running out of industries who dont realize moto is where there is minimal ROI.

All of those can get as much or more of the same exact audience in other sports/activities.

Marketing themselves in the niche of motocross is what made Monster and Rockstar so big. If they went the mainstream route they would have been competing with coke etc in a very well established market, probably impossible to break into. Smart choice going with moto in my opinion for those brands at least. They are sticking to the same plan of attack to gain popularity in Australia but they have a long way to go here still.

We have brands like V and Mother here in Australia that wouldn't know what motocross is and I guarantee they'll get stomped by Monster over the next few years.
nc_mx_kid
12/3/2010 9:04am
If the product doesn't SALE, it doesn't sale, and will not survive long
MBBadgers
12/3/2010 9:13am
Remember when MySpace was worth a billion dollars? Wonder what its worth now?? I can't see Rockstar out selling Red Bull.
Myspace and Facebook are merging, so energy drinks can merge too I suppose.
MBBadgers
12/3/2010 9:19am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2010 9:26am
Blake wrote:
We are running out of industries who dont realize moto is where there is minimal ROI. None of those industries are going to lose out by...

Giant RV is gone because they took a HUGE hit with the economy. Boats have to be on their ass too, it's hobby products that are being hit the hardest. No money for your hobby, you get rid of it. There are still sponsors out there, plenty of companies doing well. We need to go green and work with those companies.

I say move women's mx to sundays too, piggy back the Nationals on with the SX's, people sponsor moto for the SX coverage, you want sx coverage? sponsor outdoors. Until people realize that the Nationals are core we are screwed, without MX there is no SX, where would you get your talent from?
CamP
12/3/2010 9:22am
I use Lucas oil because they sponsor the outdoor nationals. I don't drink energy drinks because they all suck.
pitbike502
12/3/2010 9:52am
Gio wrote:
Not to mention "Chesterfield": back in Europe in the 90's they were as ubiquitous as "Monster" is today! OK, Mr Sepkovic, it is time for you...
Not to mention "Chesterfield": back in Europe in the 90's they were as ubiquitous as "Monster" is today!

OK, Mr Sepkovic, it is time for you to find the next big corporate sponsor!
ARMA??
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
12/3/2010 10:06am
CamP wrote:
I use Lucas oil because they sponsor the outdoor nationals. I don't drink energy drinks because they all suck.
I drink the sh*t out of them mixed with Vodka and Jag that is.
Blake
12/3/2010 10:33am
Blake wrote:

Ashleymx wrote:
Marketing themselves in the niche of motocross is what made Monster and Rockstar so big. If they went the mainstream route they would have been competing...
Marketing themselves in the niche of motocross is what made Monster and Rockstar so big. If they went the mainstream route they would have been competing with coke etc in a very well established market, probably impossible to break into. Smart choice going with moto in my opinion for those brands at least. They are sticking to the same plan of attack to gain popularity in Australia but they have a long way to go here still.

We have brands like V and Mother here in Australia that wouldn't know what motocross is and I guarantee they'll get stomped by Monster over the next few years.
Im gonna say BS.

Other extreme sports are way bigger than this sport.

12/3/2010 10:44am
GuyB wrote:
Antipodean wrote:
I hope SX/MX hasn't lost Canidae. They've been, and continue to be, supporters of motorsports. [img]http://www.canidaeracing.com/media2010/header9.jpg[/img]
I hope SX/MX hasn't lost Canidae. They've been, and continue to be, supporters of motorsports.

Maybe they want to help sponsor the Truth MX/MB1/ti-lube team? ;-) that's if you have connects. We all have pets and love canidae!

Post a reply to: Rockstar Energy Drink, Inc.--the whole shooting match---for sale?

The Latest