Rocket exhaust rmz450

NHtoWA421
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 7:55am
I just wanted to take some time to share my experience with dealing with rocket exhaust.

Cliffnotes: it was great from start to finish. Top notch customer service, and top notch product.

It all started when I wasn't impressed with the way the power on the rmz450 was delivered. It was very linear, and not really a whole lot of grunt off the bottom. I started shopping around, and didn't really get any info on how the exhausts changed power delivery. I eventually came to rocket's site where they said that they could custom make an exhaust to suit the desire of the customer. BINGO. Sent an email off, had a conversation with Don, where he said he could give the rmz grunt down low and make it more lively. Before I knew it, I had a very fine looking piece of exhaust on my doorstep for a very reasonable price I might add.

The welds were beautiful, as was the machining.

Fitment was spot on! I literally took the stocker off, and mounted the new one on with no fiddling or tinkering with pipes. No interferences whatsoever. The muffler slit even lined up with the bolt hole dead center! Some people may wish that,it came with a new muffler/subframe mount as you can't use the stock one as it is too long. But I'm sure the vast majority of us have a spare bolt floating around.

After mounting it up, I went out and rode it. It was a night and day difference, the bike ripped right where i was hoping it would. It had power from the Crack of the throttle, and melded perfectly with the strong mid and top that the stock rmz had.
As far as durability is concerned, I have about 4 hours on it since Sunday and a fair amount of roost from gravelly dirt and there isn't a single ding on the header.

Overall, I will give the customer service a 10:10 and the product a 10:10 as well. Dealing with Don and rocket was a great experience.

|
rockyuno
5/20/2016 6:42am
That's great to hear about. What about sound?
Looks nice too
DL
5/20/2016 9:25am
Glad your experience with us was good and really appreciate you taking the time to make this post!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/20/2016 10:05am
Don,
Is this muffler longer than normal to help with the bottom end he was looking for ? Do you have different header and muffler combinations to give the customer the power delivery that they are wanting ? That's a great offering

The Shop

NHtoWA421
5/20/2016 8:48pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
sound video or it didnt happen.
sound video or it didnt happen.
I'll get one tomorrow morning at the track. It's great! Throaty, but not too loud.
Definitely doesn't sound like a ttr125 anymore, which is a very good thing.
DL
5/23/2016 7:55am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 7:55am
langhammx wrote:
Don, Is this muffler longer than normal to help with the bottom end he was looking for ? Do you have different header and muffler combinations...
Don,
Is this muffler longer than normal to help with the bottom end he was looking for ? Do you have different header and muffler combinations to give the customer the power delivery that they are wanting ? That's a great offering
The short answer is yes. Engine builder/tuners like to change core diameter, output nozzle diameter and muffler length to manipulate the power delivery. There is also riders who want to achieve a different look. Typically I speak to the customer to find out what they're goals are and recommend a set up.

Post a reply to: Rocket exhaust rmz450

The Latest