Ridiculous steep uphill battle in Romania: Walker vs Jarvis

Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 8:06pm
Jonny Walker and Graham Jarvis climbing over fallen trees, ducking under fallen trees, trying to stay on course and battling a ridiculous uphill at Red Bull Romaniacs 2014. Jarvis is just making that Husqvarna TE300 two stroke scream trying to get up that hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RxKZEf3Q_c

Love this stuff!! Smile Been a hard enduro fan since the 5th edition of Romaniacs and Hell's Gate several years back.
|
Sully
9/15/2014 4:37pm
I love watching these guys do this, but it just doesn't look like it would be fun to me.
IWreckALot
9/15/2014 5:22pm
Sully wrote:
I love watching these guys do this, but it just doesn't look like it would be fun to me.
I like some hare scrambles but that just looks brutal.

What's crazy is the camera does no justice to how steep some of the hill climbs are and how off camber some of those hill sides are.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
9/15/2014 5:39pm
When the going gets tough the tough use 300cc two stroke

The Shop

KGAspeed
9/15/2014 5:49pm
As usual, a video or photo never shows how steep a hill really is, but seeing how much Jarvis and Walker are struggling, it must insanely steep. These guys rule the world in this category.

2-strokes unite.
9/15/2014 5:56pm
I correspond frequently with one of the main track makers at Romaniacs, Klaus Sorenson. Thru him, I have learned so much about just how "extreme" extreme endure truly is. Klaus even uses a left hand rear brake system for super scary descents and starting bikes on bad inclines.

Indeed, like always, GoPros do not do the angles justice. Indeed, the 300 two stroke is THE weapon of choice in hard endure. And yes, the youngster Jonny Walker and the veteran Graham Jarvis are among the best riders in the world.
9/15/2014 6:04pm
Cool story. Letti...Factory KTM's Andreas Lettenbichler...sent me a signed, personalized worker's vest from Hell's Gate. I've also got some cool memorabilia from Fabio Fasola and Martin Freinedametz....the creators of Hell's Gate and Red Bull Romaniacs, respectively.

Great guys in a real cool sport. 8-10 hours on a bike at one time in that terrain? Wow.
IWreckALot
9/15/2014 6:08pm
neverwas wrote:
When the going gets tough the tough use 300cc two stroke
I got to ride a 300 this weekend and holy crap. That bike is awesome all around. I've never ridden a bike that has stayed so planted in the corners and we were riding some silty sandy terrain. Very easy to get comfortable on.
stewie94
9/15/2014 6:45pm
thats so cool , ive been getting into this lately , so interested in participating in one
Coyote
9/15/2014 7:18pm
Cool story. Letti...Factory KTM's Andreas Lettenbichler...sent me a signed, personalized worker's vest from Hell's Gate. I've also got some cool memorabilia from Fabio Fasola and Martin...
Cool story. Letti...Factory KTM's Andreas Lettenbichler...sent me a signed, personalized worker's vest from Hell's Gate. I've also got some cool memorabilia from Fabio Fasola and Martin Freinedametz....the creators of Hell's Gate and Red Bull Romaniacs, respectively.

Great guys in a real cool sport. 8-10 hours on a bike at one time in that terrain? Wow.
got to know fabio at Ascerbis Rally in Nevada years ago and traded helmets at the end of the event...good times!!
JB 19
9/15/2014 8:06pm
You get a sense of the grade in the begining by the angle of the trees in relation to the ground.

Post a reply to: Ridiculous steep uphill battle in Romania: Walker vs Jarvis

The Latest