Rider down, needs help!

MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
I had a bad crash Sunday at Oak Grove Mx in Florida Sunday. I have crappy insurance because that's all I could afford after paying for my wife and 2 daughters to have good insurance. I fractured my pelvis in 2 spots, my humorous, my t1 in my back, crushed a molar tooth and also have an air pocket between my lungs and ribs. Any donations would be greatly appreciated just to help with my medical bills. https://www.gofundme.com/sams-recovery-fund
|
Starcrossed
2/27/2017 5:35pm
Here's a new one. Good thing you bought better insurance for your wife and kids, but if your going to be riding motocross there is no excuse not to have a decent policy. It's not if you will get hurt, but when. I hope you heel up soon, and that your family isn't negatively effected to any serious degree. it may be considered irresponsible by some, to be riding without adequate coverage when you have a wife and children who depend on you. These threads can, and typically do, go any number of ways.
2/27/2017 5:36pm
For as much impulse buy bike shit as I pull the trigger on, throwing a brother like you a bone is pretty much a no brainer. Heal up quick dude
crusher773
2/27/2017 6:55pm
No insurance then don't ride. Don't come looking for a handout because you made a bad decision. I hate these threads.

The Shop

Andy_White
2/27/2017 7:15pm
Here's a new one. Good thing you bought better insurance for your wife and kids, but if your going to be riding motocross there is no...
Here's a new one. Good thing you bought better insurance for your wife and kids, but if your going to be riding motocross there is no excuse not to have a decent policy. It's not if you will get hurt, but when. I hope you heel up soon, and that your family isn't negatively effected to any serious degree. it may be considered irresponsible by some, to be riding without adequate coverage when you have a wife and children who depend on you. These threads can, and typically do, go any number of ways.
I don't really think he's asking for life advice at this point? I understand the gravity of your response but I think if he was looking for a father figure he wouldn't be asking you... Lesson learned, I guess. I'll be tossing a couple extra bucks your way.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
2/27/2017 7:31pm
crusher773 wrote:
No insurance then don't ride. Don't come looking for a handout because you made a bad decision. I hate these threads.
I have insurance, i pay over $1000 a month for my family to have insurance. My insurance bill is 250 a month and was the best I could afford from Florida blue. However my deductible is still $6500. To those of you who are generous enough to donate no matter how much it is I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Even if you can't donate a simple get well soon means alot. I don't see the point in commenting hateful things on a post, if you have a problem with someone asking for help then don't help but why do you feel the need to throw someone under the bus and talk crap? To me the motocross community is far more caring for each other than in any other sport. At the track when someone needs a part or anything to ride or race there is always people who doesn't know them at all that is willing to help even if they are competing against that person. You don't see that in other sports. So the people who get on these threads just to post a negative comment really just blows my mind. Again for those of you willing to help I thank you, for those of you who just want to wish me a speedy recovery I thank you.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
2/27/2017 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 8:05pm
I hope you have a speedy recovery!

I dislocated my shoulder a couple years ago and went to a hospital that was out of my insurance network. It cost me almost $6,000 after it was said and done. The hospital worked with me and I made some small no interested payments till I sold my brand new '15 KTM 350 to pay the rest off.

Now I could only afford a used '08 Honda CRF450 but I still ride and believe or not I actually feel more comfortable on the older Honda.

So there are always options. Good luck with everything.
crusher773
2/27/2017 7:52pm
Yeah you make your bed you sleep in it. It's just the way society is anymore. A lot of people just ask for a handout. If you can't afford that deductible then you shouldn't have that deductible. I'm as willing to help someone at the track as anybody but I have no pity for guys that don't carry the insurance they should on them or their bikes and then ask for money from others after something goes south. It's just one of those things that rubs me wrong and is just irresponsible. I hope you heal up man but maybe look into different coverage.
Andy_White
2/27/2017 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 8:00pm
^^^I'm sure you're the dude with estart that's never left 3rd gear or had to use insurance before
Starcrossed
2/27/2017 8:08pm
Andy_White wrote:
I don't really think he's asking for life advice at this point? I understand the gravity of your response but I think if he was looking...
I don't really think he's asking for life advice at this point? I understand the gravity of your response but I think if he was looking for a father figure he wouldn't be asking you... Lesson learned, I guess. I'll be tossing a couple extra bucks your way.
Thanks for the posting advice Andy. So far the responses have been fairly mild compared to how some of these threads have gone in the past. I haven't set up a GoFundMe, but if you really want to toss a few extra bucks my way I'll make sure they go to good use. I'll offer some more unsolicited advice for you. Question marks (these things "???"), are used to indicate that the context preceding is an inquiry of some sort. Are you questioning your own opinion? Do you find your post hypocritical in any degree? Usually a good majority of the responses to these are much less genial than mine. Keep up the good work.
Andy_White
2/27/2017 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 8:35pm
The question mark was used to indicate my confusion onto why you would give unneeded advice after a situation already occurred.As far as adding (more) unsolicited advice for me, again, I'm confused. You never offered me any advice(???????) You being a grammar nazi and acting more intelligent than what you really are (I) applaud you, sir. Sorry about the confusion to who the GoFund me money would be donated to. (Pretty sure it was obvious) I wasn't aware I had to be completely thurough on a dirtbike forum. And as far as (other people's responses being genial) or (friendly) in laymans terms.. I must have missed the point where that allowed for you to be an asshole for no reason
gsxr6
2/27/2017 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 8:40pm
I see people getting GoFundMe money for alot less worthy needs. Fellow riders who can help a fellow riders out, I'm sure karma repays u ten fold. The same for the dbags who talk smack and ride on what must be very high horses. I mean be real who can afford the type of money these injuries cost? I got a 1 hour hernia surgery they billed me 50000 bucks. For a job that is advertised in the mid 5000s. I don't feel sorry for any medical company that doesn't get paid. They mostly push opiate narcotics as a cure all. To the guys lecturing the dude u suck. Couldn't just say nothing? Typical vitard.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
2/27/2017 8:40pm
MELTON139 wrote:
I had a bad crash Sunday at Oak Grove Mx in Florida Sunday. I have crappy insurance because that's all I could afford after paying for...
I had a bad crash Sunday at Oak Grove Mx in Florida Sunday. I have crappy insurance because that's all I could afford after paying for my wife and 2 daughters to have good insurance. I fractured my pelvis in 2 spots, my humorous, my t1 in my back, crushed a molar tooth and also have an air pocket between my lungs and ribs. Any donations would be greatly appreciated just to help with my medical bills. https://www.gofundme.com/sams-recovery-fund
Heal up man! I gotta wife, 2 little kids and my own business. Couldn't even imagine being down and out. That would be devastating. Anyways, take care and feel better!
Juice_Mann
2/27/2017 8:52pm
I hope I don't get clicked for this but I have to ask a simple question.. How do we know you aren't just another Nico Izzi? Anyway, I believe your story and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Insurance policies suck ass for sure. I have a $3000 deductible while my neighbor sits on welfare (fully capable of working) and gets free insurance. Our system is fucked.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/27/2017 9:07pm
Get well soon man! If have some extra money after bills I will toss some your way
mxb2
2/27/2017 9:43pm
Hope you heal up, imo if you can't afford medical bills don't ride until.your $$ is good

Post a reply to: Rider down, needs help!

The Latest