Rider designed tracks

motokawi818
Edited Date/Time 2/20/2013 6:47am
Where did those go? They were always the best and most entertaining. How can we get those back?
|
2/19/2013 1:01am
I agree. That track pastrana did had some memorable obstacles I haven't seen since (wall berm, dragonback double, etc). And I remember Larocco's being a good one too
2/19/2013 4:31am
Definitely need to get these back as soon as possible. 2009 had some of the best most challenging tracks I have ever seen.
stangkag
2/19/2013 5:17am
Definitely need to get these back as soon as possible. 2009 had some of the best most challenging tracks I have ever seen.
x2
nb11
2/19/2013 7:20am
Who is actually in charge of designing the tracks now? I vote for Pastrana to be the official track designer from here on out.

The Shop

ga_pike
2/19/2013 8:02am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2013 8:03am
I think adding more double berm turns would be a help. It would encourage multiple lines on the tracks. I really liked the rythmn section at Dallas where you had an extra single on the right side. It made for 2 different rythmns and some good racing. I'd like to see more "mogul" sections on the tracks as well that you just can't get a timing in. Something to change the pace and rythmn of the riders each lap, mix it up. Everyone can jump a triple now so perhaps it's time to mix the jump styles up too? What about a straightaway off camber?

Overall, I know they do a great job in the limited time they have to get the track built and torn down. We're very lucky that the stadiums allow our sport to utilize their facilities, so it's difficult to complain too much.
motokawi818
2/19/2013 10:45pm
All the tracks you see now are really cookie cutter. We need to get some different people in there and mix it up. Make it so the best riders can really shine. Also, do away with these 44 second lap times.
Sully
2/19/2013 11:05pm
I agree. That track pastrana did had some memorable obstacles I haven't seen since (wall berm, dragonback double, etc). And I remember Larocco's being a good...
I agree. That track pastrana did had some memorable obstacles I haven't seen since (wall berm, dragonback double, etc). And I remember Larocco's being a good one too
Didn't Windham do one where the riders had to jump over the first turn every lap? Or was that LaRocco's?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/19/2013 11:26pm
Feld/Clear Channel/SFX/PACE, whatever the name above the door is, has mandated cutting costs on dirt. Second biggest cost, but the only one they can control. As you can see, the more corporate it has gotten over the years, the less dirt has been brought in.

Anyone seen the Over-Under bridge? Nope, me either. Must be sitting in two 53 foot trailers somewhere.
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
2/20/2013 12:02am
Personally I have been hugely disappointed with the tracks this year. One lined, short, and not much to separate. Here is my favorite track from last year. As you can see there was great racing. It can't be hard to make a track that allows passing, can it?
FIREfish148
2/20/2013 2:19am
AS64 wrote:
Personally I have been hugely disappointed with the tracks this year. One lined, short, and not much to separate. Here is my favorite track from last...
Personally I have been hugely disappointed with the tracks this year. One lined, short, and not much to separate. Here is my favorite track from last year. As you can see there was great racing. It can't be hard to make a track that allows passing, can it?
Seattle is kind of an odd ball track. I love watching it in person every year cause you just get the sense that its a lot different from the other venues. The dirt, breeze from the puget sound, open stadium, end of the series. Always makes for good racing.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/20/2013 6:47am
I agree. That track pastrana did had some memorable obstacles I haven't seen since (wall berm, dragonback double, etc). And I remember Larocco's being a good...
Sully wrote:
Didn't Windham do one where the riders had to jump over the first turn every lap? Or was that LaRocco's?
Yep, Windham designed the Houston track where the finish line jumped over the end of the start straight. Was lucky enough to watch Kevin win that night on his own track.

Post a reply to: Rider designed tracks

The Latest