Ricky Fowler to Discuss SX on CBS Sports this Sunday

PR
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:52pm
|
Mod Killer
4/7/2011 2:17pm
great opportunity at cross promotions as cbs covers both golf and sx. kudos to whomever at cbs for doing this.

but not sure what the end game is. it seems like completely different demographics (golf and moto). someone much smarter than me must know something i dont.
mccread
4/7/2011 3:08pm
maybe the golf is on after the supercross so some supercross fans will watch the golf after to see how rickie fowler is doing.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/7/2011 3:19pm
The Augusta members probably view MX'ers watching the Masters course like I view guys checking my daughter out.
MBBadgers
4/7/2011 3:20pm
Tune in this Sunday to CBS Sports' broadcast of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, from St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome at Noon EST. While the championship points race is shaping up to be the greatest in history, supercross enthusiast and PGA-star Rickie Fowler discusses his roots and obsession for supercross during this Sunday's CBS Sports special. Following Monster Energy Supercross from St. Louis, CBS Sports will cover Fowler at the Masters from Augusta Golf Club.

Fowler, the 2010 PGA Rookie of the Year, made the full-time switch from motocross to golf after breaking three bones in his foot three weeks before a scheduled golf tryout at Murrieta Valley High School in Southern California. Despite the broken foot, Fowler made the team and the rest is history.

I wonder how he feels having everyone kiss his ass in mx/sx now that he's a golf star?
BIGRIGGIN
4/7/2011 3:23pm
Red Bull just signed him .... tappin into golf now.
Ing
4/7/2011 3:38pm
Maybe we'll get to see him drive thru Taco Bell. I hope, I hope, I hope. CBS has got to be the lamest place to watch SX in the world. Can't wait until Speed starts showing them again.
peelout
4/7/2011 4:16pm
MBBadgers wrote:
Tune in this Sunday to CBS Sports' broadcast of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, from St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome at Noon EST...
Tune in this Sunday to CBS Sports' broadcast of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, from St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome at Noon EST. While the championship points race is shaping up to be the greatest in history, supercross enthusiast and PGA-star Rickie Fowler discusses his roots and obsession for supercross during this Sunday's CBS Sports special. Following Monster Energy Supercross from St. Louis, CBS Sports will cover Fowler at the Masters from Augusta Golf Club.

Fowler, the 2010 PGA Rookie of the Year, made the full-time switch from motocross to golf after breaking three bones in his foot three weeks before a scheduled golf tryout at Murrieta Valley High School in Southern California. Despite the broken foot, Fowler made the team and the rest is history.

I wonder how he feels having everyone kiss his ass in mx/sx now that he's a golf star?

probably better than the thousands of kids that never "made it" in motocross and supercross that are looking at him saying, "damn, i wish i would have gone to school and counted on something to fall back on"
downandup
4/7/2011 4:20pm
ha ha......nice sport to "fall back on" !!! He makes more coin in one tournament than most mxers will make during their whole career racing!
MBBadgers
4/7/2011 4:24pm
MBBadgers wrote:
Tune in this Sunday to CBS Sports' broadcast of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, from St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome at Noon EST...

peelout wrote:
[quote]I wonder how he feels having everyone kiss his ass in mx/sx now that he's a golf star?[/quote] probably better than the thousands of kids that...

probably better than the thousands of kids that never "made it" in motocross and supercross that are looking at him saying, "damn, i wish i would have gone to school and counted on something to fall back on"
Best part is he was like Robby Gordon, racing MX, happy with that, then dad comes along and says son it's time to make a change, but I don't want to dad, and the rest is history, smart dads for sure.
peelout
4/7/2011 4:28pm
downandup wrote:
ha ha......nice sport to "fall back on" !!! He makes more coin in one tournament than most mxers will make during their whole career racing!
the kid is an amazing golfer, what is cool about the whole deal is he decided he wanted to pursue golf instead of his dream of motocross. talk about a good choice.
SH_105
4/7/2011 4:34pm
MBBadgers wrote:
Best part is he was like Robby Gordon, racing MX, happy with that, then dad comes along and says son it's time to make a change...
Best part is he was like Robby Gordon, racing MX, happy with that, then dad comes along and says son it's time to make a change, but I don't want to dad, and the rest is history, smart dads for sure.
Wasn't his Pops that said no at all.... He's had a golf club, fishing pole and a set of dirtbike handlebars in his hands since a little kid. He took the smarter route for a career and it has paid off HUGE!!! His Dad never really golfed it was his grandfather Taka that got him started in the game of golf. No matter what though the sport of MX could be sent into a new lime light with this kids name attatched to it!

SH
Indy mxer
4/7/2011 6:05pm
He's one stroke ahead of Tiger after the first round. Not bad.

Even though I'm a 54 year old golfer, I think 95% of the pro's are boring as hell.
He's a breath of fresh air to the Stodgy world of golf.
Golf definitely needs someone to shake things up a bit.

Cool to see an ex-motocrosser doing so well in a mainstream sport.
Although I do like the fact that Tiger shows his emotion more than anyone else..

Post a reply to: Ricky Fowler to Discuss SX on CBS Sports this Sunday

The Latest