Revving an Alta

bama205
I was watching some videos on the Alta Redshift- I would love to see how justin barcia would handle this bike as there are no gears, etc.

What do y'all think ? He would be cool to see test this bike. They seem to really be working hard. It seems like there is an update or a new video every couple of days.
|
6/11/2017 11:40am
Barcia lives on the clutch so I can't see it being too good.

I feel like Barcia would do much better if he started racing forward and could see past the rider just ahead of him, he seems far too interested in taking people out than actually racing.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
6/11/2017 3:36pm
FACT: When MX goes all electric there will still be goons revving the piss out of their bikes on the starting line to "clear them out".
Swann
6/11/2017 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2017 3:55pm
Justin Barcia revs the piss out of his bike and hits the rev limiter because he is a heavy, heavy clutch user and he's grown accustom to using the rotational mass of the motor and gyroscopic effect of the rear wheel, in part, to help control the pitch of the bike and because when the rear wheel is spinning super fast just upon landing from a jump, it helps the bike straighten out and settle more than a slow rotating wheel. It's all part of his system of riding.

That system of riding will be, in part, obsolete on an electric motorcycle, although the gyroscopic effect of a spinning rear wheel will always be a factor. He will find some other unique way of adapting to the bike. That's why he's a professional.

Post a reply to: Revving an Alta

The Latest