Rekluse clutch and deep sand

Krazyk2774
7/24/2015 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2015 2:10pm
I have a 2006 YY450 that has been retired to use as a sand dune hill climber. I was wondering if I can get away with the cheaper half version, or if I should go with the 3.0. Wondering if any of you guys are into racing up dunes and what mods you found worked best for helping you get to the top quicker, engine mods, exhaust ect. I'm mainly wanting the Recluse because the bike us pretty easy to stall in the super deep sand and I have a bad knee that I would like to reduce the wear and tear on! Lol
|
7/24/2015 1:49pm
Rekluse is the way to go 1000%. I use it on the track and in the woods on every bike I have. I love the sand, and times drop big time once you get the 3.0. Once it's adjusted you will never look back!
Krazyk2774
7/24/2015 2:13pm
Rekluse is the way to go 1000%. I use it on the track and in the woods on every bike I have. I love the sand...
Rekluse is the way to go 1000%. I use it on the track and in the woods on every bike I have. I love the sand, and times drop big time once you get the 3.0. Once it's adjusted you will never look back!
I have heard good things about them. My only concern was how it would hold up to the extra load from the sand tire. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get one. Thanks
Mr. Info
7/24/2015 2:31pm
I have had a Rekluse in my 2011 KTM 450 sfx and have raced many MX races, 45 min to hr. Grand Prixs and 6 and 10 hr races and just now had to put new fiber and steel plates and I have had this in for 2 years. It has not only made starting better and racing better it added to my clutch life. I have trouble riding a bike without it. Make sure its set up right and you will never go back.
7/24/2015 2:54pm
It's a simple set up.. Just follow exactly how they tell you. If your stock clutch can handle it then you can bet the rekluse will go even longer! Have fun man!

The Shop

Krazyk2774
7/24/2015 2:59pm
Thanks guys, this bike is going to be my winter project, I'm gonna spend the extra dollars and get the 3.0. I'm currently running a cylinder works big bore, I'm going to put some hot cams in and a slip on pipe. I picked up a backfire resistant air filter so I can get rid of the screen. Hoping that these mods will get me the little extra top end I'm looking for. Also looking at a Boyseen high flow water pump to control the heat better and a carbon fiber heat shield for the carb.
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
7/24/2015 3:05pm
Rekluse is awesome.. i had the 2.0 and upgraded to the 3.0 in my '14YZ450, honestly can't tell the difference. but if you are going to be an sand more the Core EXP may be the way to go. holds more oil and has better cooling.

if your rekluse feels like it is slipping you can always buy heavier weight/wedges for the rekluse itself. takes 5 minutes to install them.
Krazyk2774
7/24/2015 3:48pm
drenmaster wrote:
Rekluse is awesome.. i had the 2.0 and upgraded to the 3.0 in my '14YZ450, honestly can't tell the difference. but if you are going to...
Rekluse is awesome.. i had the 2.0 and upgraded to the 3.0 in my '14YZ450, honestly can't tell the difference. but if you are going to be an sand more the Core EXP may be the way to go. holds more oil and has better cooling.

if your rekluse feels like it is slipping you can always buy heavier weight/wedges for the rekluse itself. takes 5 minutes to install them.
Hey thanks, I had the models mixed up! I will go with the Core EXP for sure. I want it to be bulletproof cause I am also thinking of putting a Timbersled snow track kit on and riding it some in the winter too. I have a KTM 500 exc and I might just have to put the track kit on it instead because it would be a lot better with the efi for running in the winter. here in Alberta we can have a 40 degree temperature swing in one day! Ohh the money one can spend on toys! lol
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
7/24/2015 4:07pm
my upgrade was to the core exp.. It takes a little bit more to set up because there is an adjuster on the pressure plate, after u break the clutch in you have to pull your cover and check it again. But after that, once it's set your golden like a shower..

The only downside to a rekluse is you can not bump start any more. guess you could adjust your clutch cable all the way but even then it may not work.
racinstation
Fantasy
2024th
7/24/2015 4:26pm
The Rekluse works awesome. The $399 version is great and most guys are happy with this. It has a slightly harder clutch pull than stock. For most riders this is a non-issue because you will use the lever less and less.

They can be bump started, you just back the clutch adjuster off a couple turns and then it will grab just fine.

Most guys don't realize that they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I have yet to sell one that came back.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
7/24/2015 8:04pm
My friend jurist burnt out his Rekluse on a Ktm 450 with a paddle tire. Granted, he's not much of a mechanic so I'm not sure if it had the right free play. But I feel like it's too much load on the Rekluse in the deep sand. My 250sxf would slip when riding the track in the morning after they ripped it deep.

Just some 2 cents, but maybe call Rekluse and ask them if it can handle it. I know they say not use them on big bores or Snow bikes...
7/24/2015 11:56pm
I put the $400 rekluse in my kx450 and ran it all last season at Glamis/Gordon's Well dunes no problem. Since then I have also ridden it out in the desert no problem either. Will put it in any other 450's I own probably.
1stSSPZ
7/25/2015 5:50am
I do think they are pretty specific about NOT using their clutch with a big bore kit.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/25/2015 2:10pm
I just put the 3.0 in my 15' crf450 and rode at Florida tracks and trails on the pro track and it is really something. Even though I am struggling with a torn rotator and hurt my neck pretty bad I was able to get some rides in and it was crazy how well I could rail the inside ruts and not worry about stalling. I didn't get a real test in because even though I was jumping all the jumps, I was stiff as a board everywhere else and really timid in pain. It was soft that first day and it pulled as well as ever, for a Honda anyway. I still have the 1/8 " recommended movement in my clutch after riding a few times so am I good to go as far as adjustment? It's like a cheater ad on and I wish I had it when I was racing full time. I would have a lot more trophies. All those corners I was railing on the first few laps and then coming to complete stops in those same corners on the last laps because I couldn't grab the clutch. It would of saved me so many times. Great product.

Post a reply to: Rekluse clutch and deep sand

The Latest