Rekluse Radius X / CX ? Any users for MX?

Related:
Create New Tag

49weasel

Vital MX member 49weasel
38499 49weasel http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/38499/avatar/c50_image_1438572268.jpg?1438571654 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/49weasel,38499/all 04/12/13 1 44 235

Posts: 279

Joined: 4/12/2013

Location: CANAL WINCHESTER, OH USA

10/1/2017 4:59 PM

I have an 18 CRF450 and having clutch issues and I’m thinking about making the switch to a Rekluse.

Anyone using one for mx ? Complaints ? Thoughts?

flopper12

Vital MX member flopper12
58255 flopper12 /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/flopper12,58255/all 06/22/17 13

Posts: 13

Joined: 6/22/2017

Location: Chillicothe, OH USA

10/1/2017 5:12 PM

I have a Radius X insert and clutch pack matched to a complete GYTR clutch assembly on my 09 YZ 250f I recently built. I'm not MX'ing it, cross-country riding but it's fairly aggressive riding. I like the Rekluse Radius X, I have tried their other clutch offerings and didn't care for them or maybe how my friends had them set up? It's worth the gamble.

tobz

Vital MX member tobz
1451 tobz http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/1451/avatar/c50_2.jpg?1303784887 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/all 03/05/07 4 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/setup 62 2567 21 1

Posts: 2629

Joined: 3/5/2007

Location: Adelaide, AUS

10/1/2017 5:17 PM

Wondering how it compares to a core exp 3.0.

Had one on my 250f and it was the best thing I've ever done. Now on a yz250 and just can't fork out the 1400 bucks for another one.

Spizzy

Vital MX member Spizzy
59318 Spizzy /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Spizzy,59318/all 08/28/17 18

Posts: 18

Joined: 8/28/2017

Location: Frankfort, IL USA

10/1/2017 6:47 PM

Im a half woods, half mx guy. The last Rekluse I owned was 8 years ago and I swore I would never own another as I didnt like the engagement lag on the track. My 17 350 suffered from frequent flameouts, so I tried the Radius CX. Im very happy with it, no more flameouts, and any engagement lag no longer exists.

Paw Paw

Vital MX member Paw Paw
31735 Paw Paw /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Paw-Paw,31735/all 12/24/11 1 431

Posts: 432

Joined: 12/24/2011

Location: Benton, LA USA

10/1/2017 6:52 PM

I have used the EXP 3.0 with great results on mx. ( You can get it at a lower cost that the complete Core version.)

Paw Paw

racinstation

Vital MX member racinstation
38963 racinstation http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/38963/avatar/c50_m8green_1368889296.jpg?1368888906 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/racinstation,38963/all 05/18/13 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/racinstation,38963/setup 18 408 1

Posts: 426

Joined: 5/18/2013

Location: Driggs, ID USA

10/1/2017 8:09 PM

You can adjust the clutch to your liking. They are awesome! Radius x for Moto would be a great setup. You have a bit less engine braking, but no stalling and a stock-like clutch pull along with the other benefits of the Rekluse would all be a home fun for you I am sure.

cruiser450

Vital MX member cruiser450
36150 cruiser450 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/36150/avatar/c50_20170301_103517_1489210931.jpg?1489210067 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/all 11/06/12 1 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/setup 2 11

Posts: 13

Joined: 11/6/2012

Location: CAN

10/1/2017 9:08 PM

Ive got the radius cx in my 18 crf450 had it in since day 1 and now at 18 hrs.once dialed in it has required no adjustments, clutch feel is standard and it doesnt fade with abuse.it uses the torq drive plates and bites much like a torq drive clutch,it has a ton less slippage than the 3.0 exp core(i had one) engine breaking seams normal as well.if you need to adjust its quite simple.there best auto clutch by far.i have added the hinson clutch cable bracket and it makes the oull even more direct.id recomend that even with the atock clutch that bracket flexs way to much.

@jbr148 insta ✌

cruiser450

Vital MX member cruiser450
36150 cruiser450 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/36150/avatar/c50_20170301_103517_1489210931.jpg?1489210067 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/all 11/06/12 1 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/setup 2 11

Posts: 13

Joined: 11/6/2012

Location: CAN

10/1/2017 9:10 PM



@jbr148 insta ✌

tobz

Vital MX member tobz
1451 tobz http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/1451/avatar/c50_2.jpg?1303784887 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/all 03/05/07 4 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/setup 62 2567 21 1

Posts: 2629

Joined: 3/5/2007

Location: Adelaide, AUS

10/1/2017 11:21 PM

cruiser450 wrote:

Ive got the radius cx in my 18 crf450 had it in since day 1 and now at 18 hrs.once dialed in it has required no adjustments, clutch feel is standard and it doesnt fade with abuse.it uses the torq drive plates and bites much like a torq drive clutch,it has a ton less slippage than the 3.0 exp core(i had one) engine breaking seams normal as well.if you need to adjust its quite simple.there best auto clutch by far.i have added the hinson clutch cable bracket and it makes the oull even more direct.id recomend that even with the atock clutch that bracket flexs way to much.

Awesome man, so you've owned both?

Why do you think they would they continue to sell the core exp 3.0 when the radius is literally less than half the price yet does the same, if not better job?

I feel like there's something I'm missing, like the core exp doesn't fade or is of better quality?

49weasel

Vital MX member 49weasel
38499 49weasel http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/38499/avatar/c50_image_1438572268.jpg?1438571654 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/49weasel,38499/all 04/12/13 1 44 235

Posts: 279

Joined: 4/12/2013

Location: CANAL WINCHESTER, OH USA

10/2/2017 5:41 AM

cruiser450 wrote:

Ive got the radius cx in my 18 crf450 had it in since day 1 and now at 18 hrs.once dialed in it has required no adjustments, clutch feel is standard and it doesnt fade with abuse.it uses the torq drive plates and bites much like a torq drive clutch,it has a ton less slippage than the 3.0 exp core(i had one) engine breaking seams normal as well.if you need to adjust its quite simple.there best auto clutch by far.i have added the hinson clutch cable bracket and it makes the oull even more direct.id recomend that even with the atock clutch that bracket flexs way to much.

Do you ride MX?

walleyeguy

Vital MX member walleyeguy
27662 walleyeguy http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/27662/avatar/c50_dancing_girl.jpg?1326131641 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/walleyeguy,27662/all 05/09/11 12 205

Posts: 217

Joined: 5/9/2011

Location: Centerville, PA USA

10/2/2017 6:32 AM

Where can you find the radius cx for half the price of a 3.0 core? I'd put one on my 17 fx350 if it was $450.

cruiser450

Vital MX member cruiser450
36150 cruiser450 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/36150/avatar/c50_20170301_103517_1489210931.jpg?1489210067 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/all 11/06/12 1 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/cruiser450,36150/setup 2 11

Posts: 13

Joined: 11/6/2012

Location: CAN

10/2/2017 9:52 AM

I only ride moto,i just sold my 250 and it had the 3.0 exp core in it for 90hrs,and prior to that it had the basic exp in it in which i did not like.I did find the core exp 3.0 got soft as i abused it (on the 250)but it never slipped more then how it was set(thats the free play gain).if you have never run a rekluse then the 3.0 core setup is great i just find the 450s extra jam would favour the high end one with more clamping force.
my understanding is the the radius x acts like the cheaper exp ring style with the hard clutch lever with no freeplay and is adjustable at the perch(ktm and husq are at the slave).i cant stand the lever like that felt like concrete.the cx has full adjustability and can be set internally so you have normal clutch feel and adjustability at the lever BUT you can also adjust it like the cheaper version as well and have it function that way if you choose,and you get a few other billet parts,metal plates and cover and such in the cx.

I asked all these questions when buying it,bottom line is i wanted the best version avail to handle the torque of the 450 and in my experiance so far this cx does just that and seams as if the clamping force(hit) is well above the 3.0 version.the ktm and husqy could run the radius x and get away with it as its hydraulic clytch and the adj slave rekluse gives you makes it a better feel then the cables models.

Email rekluse and ask about the lever feel,thats the big issue with many of the guys buying them.much like the 3.0 vs just the exp.

@jbr148 insta ✌

JohnMatrix

Vital MX member JohnMatrix
56075 JohnMatrix /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/JohnMatrix,56075/all 01/31/17 51

Posts: 51

Joined: 1/31/2017

Location: San Jose, CA USA

10/2/2017 1:43 PM

cruiser450 wrote:

I only ride moto,i just sold my 250 and it had the 3.0 exp core in it for 90hrs,and prior to that it had the basic exp in it in which i did not like.I did find the core exp 3.0 got soft as i abused it (on the 250)but it never slipped more then how it was set(thats the free play gain).if you have never run a rekluse then the 3.0 core setup is great i just find the 450s extra jam would favour the high end one with more clamping force.
my understanding is the the radius x acts like the cheaper exp ring style with the hard clutch lever with no freeplay and is adjustable at the perch(ktm and husq are at the slave).i cant stand the lever like that felt like concrete.the cx has full adjustability and can be set internally so you have normal clutch feel and adjustability at the lever BUT you can also adjust it like the cheaper version as well and have it function that way if you choose,and you get a few other billet parts,metal plates and cover and such in the cx.

I asked all these questions when buying it,bottom line is i wanted the best version avail to handle the torque of the 450 and in my experiance so far this cx does just that and seams as if the clamping force(hit) is well above the 3.0 version.the ktm and husqy could run the radius x and get away with it as its hydraulic clytch and the adj slave rekluse gives you makes it a better feel then the cables models.

Email rekluse and ask about the lever feel,thats the big issue with many of the guys buying them.much like the 3.0 vs just the exp.

Sounds like the CX is really nice. Are you able to adjust these things to eliminate or dramatically reduce engine braking?

racinstation

Vital MX member racinstation
38963 racinstation http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/38963/avatar/c50_m8green_1368889296.jpg?1368888906 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/racinstation,38963/all 05/18/13 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/racinstation,38963/setup 18 408 1

Posts: 426

Joined: 5/18/2013

Location: Driggs, ID USA

10/2/2017 3:07 PM

walleyeguy wrote:

Where can you find the radius cx for half the price of a 3.0 core? I'd put one on my 17 fx350 if it was $450.

He is probably thinking Radius at $599. Not the Radius X.

Cygrace74

Vital MX member Cygrace74
58404 Cygrace74 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/58404/avatar/c50_16939630_1415773645109434_8808431859531075103_n_1499042501.jpg?1499041730 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Cygrace74,58404/all 07/02/17 2 9 35

Posts: 44

Joined: 7/2/2017

Location: Westport, MA USA

10/2/2017 3:17 PM

tobz wrote:

Wondering how it compares to a core exp 3.0.

Had one on my 250f and it was the best thing I've ever done. Now on a yz250 and just can't fork out the 1400 bucks for another one.

No reason you should be paying more than $999 for any Rekluse

quadzrulebro

Vital MX member quadzrulebro
4947 quadzrulebro /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/quadzrulebro,4947/all 04/01/08 19 115 2

Posts: 134

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

10/2/2017 3:46 PM

I race motocross with an EXP 3.0 and it's like cheating. When I get around to buying a 2018 CRF450R, the Radius CX will be the first purchase I make.

tobz

Vital MX member tobz
1451 tobz http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/1451/avatar/c50_2.jpg?1303784887 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/all 03/05/07 4 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/setup 62 2567 21 1

Posts: 2629

Joined: 3/5/2007

Location: Adelaide, AUS

10/2/2017 6:56 PM

walleyeguy wrote:

Where can you find the radius cx for half the price of a 3.0 core? I'd put one on my 17 fx350 if it was $450.

Sorry your right, I was a couple of hundred off

Radius X is $969AUD and a core exp 3.0 is $1390

Still makes my question valid though

tobz

Vital MX member tobz
1451 tobz http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/1451/avatar/c50_2.jpg?1303784887 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/all 03/05/07 4 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/tobz,1451/setup 62 2567 21 1

Posts: 2629

Joined: 3/5/2007

Location: Adelaide, AUS

10/2/2017 6:57 PM

tobz wrote:

Wondering how it compares to a core exp 3.0.

Had one on my 250f and it was the best thing I've ever done. Now on a yz250 and just can't fork out the 1400 bucks for another one.

Cygrace74 wrote:

No reason you should be paying more than $999 for any Rekluse

See above.