Regarding bike weights...

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:52pm
From a reliable source...

There are no exact weights here (and I'll see if I can get them at some point), but if you were going to rank the 450s in order, from heaviest to lightest, it'd roughly be Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki in the top three (heaviest) spots. KTM is second (and closing), but Honda has the lightest bikes, and they're still pounds above the limit. Oh, and despite being a 100cc less, the KTM 350 still has the same weight requirement as a 450.

Chances that any of the bikes would be too light, despite part of the silencer missing? Really low.

About the only bikes that make it right on the edge of the weight rules would be Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki's Supercross bikes...and no one else is that close.
|
kongols
7/3/2011 2:18pm
I don`t think that RV`s silencer actually fell off. It was broken of the pipe , but it was still hanging on a side of the bike. Even RV admitted in "How was your weekend" that it was loud.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/3/2011 2:33pm
Yeah, I got a little more info...it came off at about the halfway point, in the turn before the mechanic's area.
kongols
7/3/2011 2:39pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, I got a little more info...it came off at about the halfway point, in the turn before the mechanic's area.
But it didn`t fell off , right?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/3/2011 2:53pm
I hear the midpipe was also bent up pretty badly. Maybe that restriction kept it quieter than it would have been otherwise.

The Shop

Outsider
7/3/2011 2:58pm
kongols wrote:
I don`t think that RV`s silencer actually fell off. It was broken of the pipe , but it was still hanging on a side of the...
I don`t think that RV`s silencer actually fell off. It was broken of the pipe , but it was still hanging on a side of the bike. Even RV admitted in "How was your weekend" that it was loud.

Your bias is coming through loud and clear Kongols
kongols
7/3/2011 2:59pm
Outsider wrote:
WTF are you talking about now.PinchAngry
Outsider
7/3/2011 3:03pm
Outsider wrote:
kongols wrote:
WTF are you talking about now.PinchAngry
Im doing EXACTLY what u do dude... you call everyone out for there "fanboy" status... look in the mirror... you're no different brother... just saying.
/
nytsmaC
7/3/2011 3:03pm
Do you two morons have to fuck up every thread today? Why don't you start a thread in the dungeon and get it out of your system?
kongols
7/3/2011 3:05pm
Outsider wrote:
Im doing EXACTLY what u do dude... you call everyone out for there "fanboy" status... look in the mirror... you're no different brother... just saying.
/
NFM, carry on , I`m of to bed.
Outsider
7/3/2011 3:10pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Do you two morons have to fuck up every thread today? Why don't you start a thread in the dungeon and get it out of your...
Do you two morons have to fuck up every thread today? Why don't you start a thread in the dungeon and get it out of your system?
How about you play Haywood JaBlowme in our upcoming Vital play? It's on broadway BRO
Outsider
7/3/2011 3:43pm
Outsider wrote:
How about you play Haywood JaBlowme in our upcoming Vital play? It's on broadway BRO
Laughing
FUDF 75!Cool
7/3/2011 3:58pm
Outsider wrote:
Laughing
Outsider wrote:
FUDF 75!Cool
It's Funny how no one can look in the mirror these days. Just keep tossing stones
Outsider
7/3/2011 4:01pm
Laughing
Outsider wrote:
FUDF 75!Cool
It's Funny how no one can look in the mirror these days. Just keep tossing stones
Huh? I fuck myself daily... what''s your point?
7/3/2011 4:04pm
Outsider wrote:
The only time I look in he mirror is when hey are mounted on the ceiling!

My point however was that you just gave a certain poster a little of what he gives and be can't seem to make the connection. I like Outsider posts they are always pointed and entertaining.
Outsider
7/3/2011 4:09pm
Outsider wrote:
The only time I look in he mirror is when hey are mounted on the ceiling! My point however was that you just gave a certain...
The only time I look in he mirror is when hey are mounted on the ceiling!

My point however was that you just gave a certain poster a little of what he gives and be can't seem to make the connection. I like Outsider posts they are always pointed and entertaining.
Yeah, cool. Your buddy Zach doesn't agree... oh well. bang one for me DF!
7/3/2011 4:13pm
SORRY to hear that I noticed your vacancy and just attributed it to summer. That sucks.

Zach is a good guy in my opinion and so are you. I personally believe opposite views are healthy.

You know like banging a crazy bitch. It can be fun!
nytsmaC
7/3/2011 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 4:23pm
I get it DF, I just enjoy being the self appoined resident asshole, I amuse myself easily. Outsider didn't hurt my feelings, I enjoy getting sassed as much as I enjoy being a dick.
Outsider
7/3/2011 4:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 4:33pm
nytsmaC wrote:
I get it DF, I just enjoy being the self appoined resident asshole, I amuse myself easily. Outsider didn't hurt my feelings, I enjoy getting sassed...
I get it DF, I just enjoy being the self appoined resident asshole, I amuse myself easily. Outsider didn't hurt my feelings, I enjoy getting sassed as much as I enjoy being a dick.
Good cAUSE 'you're an assclown.... love u
7/3/2011 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 4:53pm
nytsmaC wrote:
I get it DF, I just enjoy being the self appoined resident asshole, I amuse myself easily. Outsider didn't hurt my feelings, I enjoy getting sassed...
I Don't have any issues with you either. You have been around long enough I know that you aren't some newbie dumb ass. Usually when I read your posts I detect a hint of satire. Your humor while dry and often cleverly veiled is not lost on me.
nytsmaC
7/3/2011 4:35pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Good cAUSE 'you're an assclown.... love u
Now you've gone and done it, you're on the list buddy!

xoxo
Mod Killer
7/3/2011 6:02pm
GuyB wrote:
From a reliable source... There are no exact weights here (and I'll see if I can get them at some point), but if you were going...
From a reliable source...

There are no exact weights here (and I'll see if I can get them at some point), but if you were going to rank the 450s in order, from heaviest to lightest, it'd roughly be Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki in the top three (heaviest) spots. KTM is second (and closing), but Honda has the lightest bikes, and they're still pounds above the limit. Oh, and despite being a 100cc less, the KTM 350 still has the same weight requirement as a 450.

Chances that any of the bikes would be too light, despite part of the silencer missing? Really low.

About the only bikes that make it right on the edge of the weight rules would be Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki's Supercross bikes...and no one else is that close.
im suprised that the 350 isnt the lightest bike in the class. considering thats supposed to be its theoretical advantage.

imo, i believe that the 350 should be allowed a lower minimum weight, hell, they should lower the whole classes minimum weight.

how light do any of y'all think they could legally get the 350 if light weight was their main priority? or all they already as light as they could make em?

Post a reply to: Regarding bike weights...

The Latest