Reflex finally Backward Compatible

Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 9:36am
Posted in the Game Room, but I know a lot of you dudes don't look at much else but the moto section.
Finally have another MX game for the Xbox One. And just a month before MXGP and the remastered Alive are available.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-gam…
|
zehn
5/3/2016 4:33pm
So what's the deal with this? I already have the game disc so do I just pop it in the machine?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/3/2016 4:36pm
zehn wrote:
So what's the deal with this? I already have the game disc so do I just pop it in the machine?
I would be surprised if your disk would work. Im sure there are probably code issues
zehn
5/3/2016 4:42pm
zehn wrote:
kzizok wrote:
I would be surprised if your disk would work. Im sure there are probably code issues
So I just tried it. When I put the disc in it prompted me to download a 6.5 gb update. Needless to say it's currently downloading!
mtl
5/3/2016 4:43pm
From the quick read I just did of that article it sounds like the actual disc is used to insure that you own the game. The actual game that works on XBox One will be downloaded.

"If you already own (or decide to buy) these games, they'll show up in the Ready to Download area of the My Games and Apps section on your Xbox One. You can download and play them like any other game."

The Shop

zehn
5/3/2016 4:44pm
mtl wrote:
From the quick read I just did of that article it sounds like the actual disc is used to insure that you own the game. The...
From the quick read I just did of that article it sounds like the actual disc is used to insure that you own the game. The actual game that works on XBox One will be downloaded.

"If you already own (or decide to buy) these games, they'll show up in the Ready to Download area of the My Games and Apps section on your Xbox One. You can download and play them like any other game."
Yep, that's exactly what happens.
zehn
5/3/2016 4:51pm
Also, does anybody know if this means that we'll have online multiplayer again? And maybe future DLC? If so I'm gonna have to start a new profile because all my previous game data is on a different account. Oh well. I'm just glad I can play Reflex on my XBone.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/3/2016 5:02pm
I stand corrected.
jrrundle
5/3/2016 5:45pm
Saw the title of this post and instantly bought it, downloading now. Hopefully it transfers over all the content from my 360, seems like it would as it's the same Xbox live profile, but then again I saved it to my 360 hard drive and not the cloud.
zehn
5/3/2016 5:55pm
jrrundle wrote:
Saw the title of this post and instantly bought it, downloading now. Hopefully it transfers over all the content from my 360, seems like it would...
Saw the title of this post and instantly bought it, downloading now. Hopefully it transfers over all the content from my 360, seems like it would as it's the same Xbox live profile, but then again I saved it to my 360 hard drive and not the cloud.
You may want to try transferring your saved data from your hard drive to the cloud.
jrrundle
5/3/2016 6:07pm
zehn wrote:
You may want to try transferring your saved data from your hard drive to the cloud.
My old Xbox died a while back but still have the hard drive somewhere so I guess if it doesn't transfer the old data after it downloads I can use a buddies Xbox to transfer the old data.
MOTOX77
Fantasy
2271st
5/3/2016 6:10pm
jrrundle wrote:
Saw the title of this post and instantly bought it, downloading now. Hopefully it transfers over all the content from my 360, seems like it would...
I searched for it on my Xbox one and found it but it doesn't give me the option to download it? How did you go about downloading it?
zehn
5/3/2016 6:16pm
jrrundle wrote:
MOTOX77 wrote:
I searched for it on my Xbox one and found it but it doesn't give me the option to download it? How did you go about...
I searched for it on my Xbox one and found it but it doesn't give me the option to download it? How did you go about downloading it?
Do you still have the disc?
jrrundle
5/3/2016 6:19pm
jrrundle wrote:
MOTOX77 wrote:
I searched for it on my Xbox one and found it but it doesn't give me the option to download it? How did you go about...
Go to the game store which is now a small icon under the games header, they changed to this a few updates ago so now only feature games are headlined so you have to go to the game store. Once you click on the games store icon you scroll down until you get to backwards compatible and it's the first game listed.
jrrundle
5/3/2016 6:22pm
zehn wrote:
Do you still have the disc?
Unfortunately no I lost it somehow, So I had to pay $20 for the game. The game just finished downloading and it didn't restore any of my old data which sucks but at least I can finally play a moto game on my Xbox one so I'm not gonna complain too much.
jrrundle
5/3/2016 6:26pm
jrrundle wrote:
Unfortunately no I lost it somehow, So I had to pay $20 for the game. The game just finished downloading and it didn't restore any of...
Unfortunately no I lost it somehow, So I had to pay $20 for the game. The game just finished downloading and it didn't restore any of my old data which sucks but at least I can finally play a moto game on my Xbox one so I'm not gonna complain too much.
Update:
It does transfer all your old data, including the DLC which you have to download again seperately.
MOTOX77
Fantasy
2271st
5/3/2016 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 7:04pm
jrrundle wrote:
MOTOX77 wrote:
jrrundle wrote:
Go to the game store which is now a small icon under the games header, they changed to this a few updates ago so now only...
Go to the game store which is now a small icon under the games header, they changed to this a few updates ago so now only feature games are headlined so you have to go to the game store. Once you click on the games store icon you scroll down until you get to backwards compatible and it's the first game listed.
Yaa I did that...but it doesn't say download anywhere...Has a show price button and I click on that and it does nothing.. I don't have the disc anymore cause I got rid of my 360
jrrundle
5/3/2016 7:16pm
MOTOX77 wrote:
Yaa I did that...but it doesn't say download anywhere...Has a show price button and I click on that and it does nothing.. I don't have the...
Yaa I did that...but it doesn't say download anywhere...Has a show price button and I click on that and it does nothing.. I don't have the disc anymore cause I got rid of my 360
Interesting.. So you click on show price and it doesn't navigate you to the next page? I clicked show price which then navigates me to the next page where the price is listed and is where you can purchase it. Maybe try signing out and signing back in or restarting your Xbox.
MOTOX77
Fantasy
2271st
5/3/2016 7:39pm
MOTOX77 wrote:
Yaa I did that...but it doesn't say download anywhere...Has a show price button and I click on that and it does nothing.. I don't have the...
jrrundle wrote:
Interesting.. So you click on show price and it doesn't navigate you to the next page? I clicked show price which then navigates me to the...
Interesting.. So you click on show price and it doesn't navigate you to the next page? I clicked show price which then navigates me to the next page where the price is listed and is where you can purchase it. Maybe try signing out and signing back in or restarting your Xbox.
Yaa it doesn't do anything...tried restarting and signing out...doesn't help...
jrrundle
5/3/2016 7:45pm
MOTOX77 wrote:
Yaa it doesn't do anything...tried restarting and signing out...doesn't help...
Do you have a card attached to your profile?
zehn
5/3/2016 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 9:08pm
So I don't know about you guys but I'm playing for the first time and everything riding-mechanic wise is great but the track textures are... Pretty rough. Almost looks like static on some courses.

I was just playing Reflex last night on the same tv but on the 360 and the visual difference is extremely noticeable. Hopefully the devs work on this and put out a patch because it's kinda bad as is. Still a great game though!
zehn
5/3/2016 9:34pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Does the online work??
Not right now. I'm holding out hope for the future though!
Leo313
5/4/2016 12:28am
Posted in the Game Room, but I know a lot of you dudes don't look at much else but the moto section. Finally have another MX...
Posted in the Game Room, but I know a lot of you dudes don't look at much else but the moto section.
Finally have another MX game for the Xbox One. And just a month before MXGP and the remastered Alive are available.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-gam…
They are releasing a remastered mx vs ate alive?
Frodad78
5/4/2016 4:21am
Holy shit this is great news, Please baby Jesus give us Reflex multiplayer again...
akillerwombat
5/4/2016 8:23am
Jumped on and played a bit before heading to work and while it's rad to play Reflex again – it has me really excited for the new MX vs ATV. I kind of forgot how fun it was to ride a national track after doing nothing but supercross for the last year or so.

Anyhow, I used to love Reflex but the bike just feels too heavy in the air and too light on the ground. Excited to see what we get out of the next version but until then... this will do.
mtl
5/4/2016 9:36am
If I already own the game is the download for XBox One free?

Post a reply to: Reflex finally Backward Compatible

The Latest