Reed's comment " Barcia has a bunch of talent to make that bike work ".

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 9:34am
I didn't see anyone mention Reed's comment last night and it seemed like a pretty good slam towards big red. He also said " I know from having to ride that bike last year......Barcia has a lot of talent to make that bike work the way he does "

99.999% of the planet wouldn't have an issue with that new Honda since we can't ride them like the way they do.....and some owners I've talked to have said they love them.

BUT....I did get a little laugh at what Chad said last night......he didn't pull any punches with that comment. WhistlingLaughing
|
Boxermann
5/4/2014 9:47am
I was surprised he put honda on blast on TV.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/4/2014 9:48am
Boxermann wrote:
I was surprised he put honda on blast on TV.
I'm not haha it's Reed. He's not one to usually hold back.
5/4/2014 9:53am
Reed bitches about bikes more than any other rider. If he's losing it is because of the bike.
rebus
5/4/2014 10:07am
TripleFive wrote:
Reed bitches about bikes more than any other rider. If he's losing it is because of the bike.
X2. Reed has been out of how many series now due to crashes and injuries since racing the Ryans?

The Shop

5/4/2014 10:20am
Well, I often watch how the bikes work through the rough sections and I did say to myself that Barcia seemed to have one of the best suspension set ups in LA. Villipoto's suspension set up looks very strange.. seems very stiff especially in the rear for small to medium size hits and maybe way he loses traction more easily when the dirt is not good.
5/4/2014 10:33am
Reed needs to look in the mirror. What happens when he grows disillusioned with green again? The champ is annihilating the field on it.
Xsenter
5/4/2014 11:24am
I really don't see what Reed gains on saying things like that ?!
BigDaddyG
5/4/2014 11:27am
When I heard him say that I just had to laugh! I love Reed for being so candid and not holding back. It's been obvious that Barcia and Tomac have at odds with the new style Hondas. Personally, I think Tomac would kill it on a Kawi.
wow123
5/4/2014 11:31am
Reed showed what he could do with a production Honda then Honda stumped up with a bike and stuff but obviously did not listen to his input on its changes and fair enough but I'm pretty sure the Kawa is better bike

the haters are swarming.........of course every bike need to be improved, he just says whats on his mind but you guys
would rather him rote some sponsor diatribe to make you feel better

caveat: very little matters to "us" as far as those bikes go
Sandberm
5/4/2014 11:32am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2014 11:33am
Its great that Chad is so open to the media and the fans and that hes not afraid to have and give opinions. But he continues to show hints of being a dick. Why blast another manufacturers bike that way?

If Reed has the need to say something provocativefrom time to time, let it be something well thought out and intelligent, not some backhanded compliment that doesnt directly come out and state the point.

Oh well, Chad and his opinions in the booth are still a good thing despite.
WeiserGuy
5/4/2014 12:56pm
Love Chad Reed in the booth, and his comments but this one kinda made me laugh. Until he openly admitted he wasn't fully prepared last year and out of shape it was the "bike setup" he was struggling with. His comment is a little contradicting considering he's one of the most talented riders in the world, but also had struggles with the Honda. Not hatin, just statin.
5/4/2014 1:31pm
People forget the reason Reed started 22 Motorsports in the first place was because he had built a reputation in the industry of being such a dick to work with he burned all his bridges and nobody would hire him. He had to either start his own team or get out of the sport. He has since become a lot better at working the media and presenting a good image, but every once in a while we get a peek at the real Chad Reed.
davistld01
5/4/2014 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2014 2:07pm
I'll bet Honda is wondering why they paid him so much money & took such good care of him last year just so he could rip their bike on national television. That was a dick move on Reeds part, in my opinion. He definitely chose the low road.
HD1200
5/4/2014 2:22pm
davistld01 wrote:
I'll bet Honda is wondering why they paid him so much money & took such good care of him last year just so he could rip...
I'll bet Honda is wondering why they paid him so much money & took such good care of him last year just so he could rip their bike on national television. That was a dick move on Reeds part, in my opinion. He definitely chose the low road.
So exactly how much money did Honda pay Reed and what did they do to take care of him?
yzjs7
5/4/2014 2:25pm
Reed comes off very bitter to me. "I feel like I can compete for wins" story is getting old that we've been hearing the last three years. Just ride Chad.
PTECH
5/4/2014 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2014 2:29pm
Its not like he flat out said the bike is a piece of shit, geez. Riders speaking their minds is a good thing. Who knows he may have just been trying to give Barcia a compliment. Its funny though, everyone knows MC rode the 93 cr chassis all the way up to 96 but no one ever says shit about that. Now a days when one of these riders doesn't like a bike now they're dicks or prima donnas. I don't even care for Reed as rider but it didn't phase me one bit when he said that. The world needs more people who aren't mindless corporate drones (although I did get a good laugh out of the discount tire logos he had patched on his button up - he probably picked up more cash with that patch than I'll make this year).
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/4/2014 2:31pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Reed comes off very bitter to me. "I feel like I can compete for wins" story is getting old that we've been hearing the last three...
Reed comes off very bitter to me. "I feel like I can compete for wins" story is getting old that we've been hearing the last three years. Just ride Chad.
I think he often feels a little bit disrespected because the talk is more often about RC, RV and JS. I don't think it's bad for him to say that at all, especially because he can still compete for wins.
davistld01
5/4/2014 2:48pm
davistld01 wrote:
I'll bet Honda is wondering why they paid him so much money & took such good care of him last year just so he could rip...
HD1200 wrote:
So exactly how much money did Honda pay Reed and what did they do to take care of him?
You got me, but you can bet they didn't get free rent as a team sponsor. And I'd bet that they made sure he got all the parts & help he needed. Funny thing is...you know Chad rode the Honda 450 several times before he decided on it at the bike he thought he could win on vs. all the rest he rode...and to have made that choice , and then to basically call the bike a POS just makes Reed look like an asshole. I'm a fan ...but that's just wrong.
AP_151
5/4/2014 2:59pm
I don't get you people... These riders are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position because people hate a guy for reciting his sponsors and being plain but also hate a guy for speaking his mind and holding nothing back. Which do you want?
Shawn142
5/4/2014 3:02pm
AP_151 wrote:
I don't get you people... These riders are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position because people hate a guy for reciting...
I don't get you people... These riders are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position because people hate a guy for reciting his sponsors and being plain but also hate a guy for speaking his mind and holding nothing back. Which do you want?
Yea this place is bizzaro world. They want a rider to do more than list sponsors, so when Reed does that he's considered a whiner. People say Reed only blames the bike when he can't win, but yet when he switches to green he freaking wins. If you don't like a cocky guy just say it, but I seriously doubt anyone can claim Reed doesn't know what he's talking about.
steve_97060
5/4/2014 3:16pm
AP_151 wrote:
I don't get you people... These riders are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position because people hate a guy for reciting...
Shawn142 wrote:
Yea this place is bizzaro world. They want a rider to do more than list sponsors, so when Reed does that he's considered a whiner. People...
Yea this place is bizzaro world. They want a rider to do more than list sponsors, so when Reed does that he's considered a whiner. People say Reed only blames the bike when he can't win, but yet when he switches to green he freaking wins. If you don't like a cocky guy just say it, but I seriously doubt anyone can claim Reed doesn't know what he's talking about.
well, you can't say anything bad about a Honda..
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/4/2014 3:20pm
Chad also called the new generation YZF a turd.

He's not afraid to say if he thinks a bike is shitty, that's more than most riders are willing to do.
It's going to ruffle feathers but at least he is honest.
jeffro503
5/4/2014 3:28pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Reed comes off very bitter to me. "I feel like I can compete for wins" story is getting old that we've been hearing the last three...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think he often feels a little bit disrespected because the talk is more often about RC, RV and JS. I don't think it's bad for...
I think he often feels a little bit disrespected because the talk is more often about RC, RV and JS. I don't think it's bad for him to say that at all, especially because he can still compete for wins.
Reed can still win races....and when he does they talk about him. That goes for any rider.
newmann
5/4/2014 3:55pm
Always liked Reed since he was on the 250F. The guy has style for days, but he has been a bit much to stomach over the years. Only thing I can guess is that he doesn't have a good feel for setting a bike up at the level he's having to ride. Lots of people on here spout off all the time about how us mere mortals have no idea what it is like to push a bike to those limits but it is obvious that the same can be said for some of the top guys.

Remember when Reed had a road race style swingarm fabbed up for the Yamaha 4 Turd? That was even before the current pile o shit (his opinion from what I recall). I do remember him leaving his broke bikes laying trackside for others to come retrieve.

Remember the rumors of him filling the Factory Kawasaki frames with cement or some other bs? Said they handled like such pieces of shit. Tried the magic rocks too didn't he? Now, magically the Kawasaki is good stuff.....that is until it spit him off.

Then there was the Honda that was so amazing that he went out and bought them on his own. What happened to that love affair all of a sudden? Getting spit off in grand fashion multiple times soured him on it?
Crush
5/4/2014 4:50pm
Ya'll remember the bike is completely different to the one that he couldn't stop raving about in 11 and 12 right? He was so complimentary to that bike and Honda then that it wasn't funny. He also pretty much said it was the fork, whilst he was on the 13 and then later when got on the kawi said maybe it's the fork with that frame.

As for why he might be pissed off, i'd be fairly annoyed if my contract said you'll pony up another bike and expenses for my 2nd rider and you say no too. Deano was going there. Honda stopped it. He's got every right to say what he feels like, and all he said is he doesn't think the bike works too well.

I'd guess he knows more than any media or internet fucktards, and either way, people bitch at RV for saying nothing about his injury, and bitch about Reed saying what he thinks about a bike. Fuckers can't win.
5/4/2014 4:51pm
AP_151 wrote:
What do I want? Someone that doesn't blame the bike when they are slow.
Crush
5/4/2014 4:56pm
What the fuck are you on about.

He Won the year before, the bike changed, he never looked like the same rider speed wise.. Yeah he might not have been fit, but that doesn't affect pace. The bike was and is clearly different to the one he wouldn't stop raving about the years before where he was winning. Turns out, he changes bike, gets on something he likes, and starts winning again! Whaddayaknow?!?!

Your hatred for the guy just clouds everything you say. It's lame and overplayed. You can't handle normal Aussie talk, call a shovel a fuckin shovel and who cares... Half you fuckers just cry over everything.
munsch121
5/4/2014 5:27pm
I absolutely think the bike effected Reed's speed. It's no coincidence how all the honda riders have been struggling to match their best results on the new bike. Reed just had the keys to pick what he wanted, for that he deserves a huge amount of respect.

I also think the KX is the best bike on the track, rewind to when RV switched to the new bike, Unadilla 2 years ago I think ??? He has been unstoppable since.

I think the shared opinion is the KTM and HONDA are junk and the Kawi and RMZ are choice....for Pro riders anyway, for us common man, I think its all in the head.
CASH476
5/4/2014 5:32pm
newmann wrote:
Always liked Reed since he was on the 250F. The guy has style for days, but he has been a bit much to stomach over the...
Always liked Reed since he was on the 250F. The guy has style for days, but he has been a bit much to stomach over the years. Only thing I can guess is that he doesn't have a good feel for setting a bike up at the level he's having to ride. Lots of people on here spout off all the time about how us mere mortals have no idea what it is like to push a bike to those limits but it is obvious that the same can be said for some of the top guys.

Remember when Reed had a road race style swingarm fabbed up for the Yamaha 4 Turd? That was even before the current pile o shit (his opinion from what I recall). I do remember him leaving his broke bikes laying trackside for others to come retrieve.

Remember the rumors of him filling the Factory Kawasaki frames with cement or some other bs? Said they handled like such pieces of shit. Tried the magic rocks too didn't he? Now, magically the Kawasaki is good stuff.....that is until it spit him off.

Then there was the Honda that was so amazing that he went out and bought them on his own. What happened to that love affair all of a sudden? Getting spit off in grand fashion multiple times soured him on it?
Jesus Newman, I thought you would have known that the Kawi reed rode years ago (prior to ,12) and the one he is on now are completely different. Never let the details get in the way of a good story huh?
Crush
5/4/2014 5:35pm
CASH476 wrote:
Jesus Newman, I thought you would have known that the Kawi reed rode years ago (prior to ,12) and the one he is on now are...
Jesus Newman, I thought you would have known that the Kawi reed rode years ago (prior to ,12) and the one he is on now are completely different. Never let the details get in the way of a good story huh?
Or the Honda being completely different in 13 as it was in 11/12...

Cement in the frames? Where did these rumours come from, a drunk in a bar?

Post a reply to: Reed's comment " Barcia has a bunch of talent to make that bike work ".

The Latest