Reed's Kawasaki decision

kiwifan
2/26/2014 1:09am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2014 5:56am
http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/decision

That proves it, Reed has spoken, the Honda is sh.it...well now we all know and can sleep at night. Well the factory bike is sh.it anyways.

Damn I wish he went KTM though.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/26/2014 1:58am
kiwifan wrote:
http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/decision That proves it, Reed has spoken, the Honda is sh.it...well now we all know and can sleep at night. Well the factory bike is sh.it...
http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/decision

That proves it, Reed has spoken, the Honda is sh.it...well now we all know and can sleep at night. Well the factory bike is sh.it anyways.

Damn I wish he went KTM though.
i dont,
Crush
2/26/2014 2:41am
scott_nz wrote:
i dont,
Yeah me neither!

Interesting on Pulp the other night Alessi said they're still running the older Suzuki frame that Reed/Dungey would have been on, it had more flex than the new one.

Crazy that these guys are into it that much
2/26/2014 5:19am
I think it's funny how he bags on the ktm, yet Kenny is looking amazing on it. Goes to prove that the mental part of our sport is enormous.

The Shop

davistld01
2/26/2014 5:51am
Reed looks great on the Kawasaki. Glad he found what works for him.
timlake
2/26/2014 6:00am
Really interesting article.

Great to hear someone who isn't sucking their sponsors dick to keep them happy. He's said it like it is.

"It's a slow stock bike". I bet Kawi aren't happy about him saying that, but damn I've got more respect for him and the team for him having the balls to say it anyway.
2/26/2014 6:12am
When has Reed not bitched about the bike if he's not winning?
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
2/26/2014 6:18am
I think it's funny how he bags on the ktm, yet Kenny is looking amazing on it. Goes to prove that the mental part of our...
I think it's funny how he bags on the ktm, yet Kenny is looking amazing on it. Goes to prove that the mental part of our sport is enormous.
I don't think he really bagged on the KTM, since he liked it inititally. It sounds like he wanted to go with it, but couldn't quite get it to where he wanted it to be, or maybe didn't have the communication with the factory (or access to factory parts) that he wanted.
kawi216
2/26/2014 6:31am
TripleFive wrote:
I would bitch too considering when he has a good bike under him he is on fire. Seems like the two go together, he takes the vitard guess work out of it when you see millions of threads asking if some of the top guys were on different bikes? He has won on every major brand besides KTM
IWreckALot
2/26/2014 6:36am
Reed gets help from the factory guys in terms of ignition and wheels that are on a lease program and he also leases the Showa suspension which includes the triple-air fork that are on the bikes of Villopoto and Weimer.

What wheels is he running?
APLMAN99
2/26/2014 6:40am
TripleFive wrote:
In all fairness, he usually veils his criticism, adds a few other vague issues, then follows it up with "but hey, no excuses."
2/26/2014 7:03am
TripleFive wrote:
kawi216 wrote:
I would bitch too considering when he has a good bike under him he is on fire. Seems like the two go together, he takes the...
I would bitch too considering when he has a good bike under him he is on fire. Seems like the two go together, he takes the vitard guess work out of it when you see millions of threads asking if some of the top guys were on different bikes? He has won on every major brand besides KTM
So when he's not winning it's because of the bike.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
2/26/2014 7:03am
TripleFive wrote:
kawi216 wrote:
I would bitch too considering when he has a good bike under him he is on fire. Seems like the two go together, he takes the...
I'm a huge Reed fan, but historically when he has had "bike problems" it has coincided with him being out of shape. First with Kawi, and last year with Honda. He could win on any bike if he's mentally and physically into it. Lars summed it up in the article:

“I know that he’s had to kind of eat a little crow or whatever and he said the air forks suck but now he’s saying they’re good. But really, it’s just a matter of the bike itself . . . I think this year he kind of was like, screw the bike. He said “I’m just going to focus on myself.” I think he really felt like he needed himself to be a little better. That’s how I feel, anyway.”
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
2/26/2014 8:14am
I think it's funny how he bags on the ktm, yet Kenny is looking amazing on it. Goes to prove that the mental part of our...
It was the front runner for a long time. When they added power it didn't seem to work as well for "him". The Kaw was more middle of the road. Sounds like a close 2nd...don't see how her really "bagged" on it.
peelout
2/26/2014 9:50am
TripleFive wrote:
your hate for Reed is well known, move along nothing to see here
2/26/2014 11:11am
Madmax31 wrote:
It was the front runner for a long time. When they added power it didn't seem to work as well for "him". The Kaw was more...
It was the front runner for a long time. When they added power it didn't seem to work as well for "him". The Kaw was more middle of the road. Sounds like a close 2nd...don't see how her really "bagged" on it.
“The KTM I liked and I thought I would end up there. But the shortcomings, that you can see in supercross now, they can’t wrap their heads around it. And I felt that, the more you went with what I liked, the worse it got.”

Ktm have shortcomings in sx right now that's they, As manufacturer have been dominating the podium.

All the races do it. They have setup issues/difficulty and it's the bike not them. I think there is nothing wrong with the Honda, just Barcia expected to be up front every weekend . Unfortunately the competition is to strong and that's hurting his ego.
2/26/2014 11:13am
TripleFive wrote:
peelout wrote:
I dislike Reed because he shits on every bike that he has struggled on.
swizcore
2/26/2014 12:24pm
TripleFive wrote:
peelout wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
You dislike him for being honest and open with his criticism instead of being PC about it? He won 2 races this series, possibly the deepest field in history, it goes a long way in validating his ability and complaints about machines where his results were lacking. No?
Matthes
2/26/2014 12:27pm
TripleFive wrote:
Honda must still value his opinion, after all I heard that some Honda engineers asked him about opinion on things to do to the 2017 bike....
Grizz
2/26/2014 12:34pm
You're wrong. The Honda was not good FOR REED. Has nothing to do with the bike itself.
Grizz
2/26/2014 12:37pm
I wonder why.

Oh, wait, no I don't. It's because the KTM works great for Ken with how he set it up and the Kawasaki is working great for Reed with how he set it up.

This can't be that hard to understand, can it?
MX690
2/26/2014 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2014 12:39pm
TripleFive wrote:
So you would prefer he lies to you and pretends its all sunshine and rainbows, I bet you think everyone deserves a trophy too. Reeds Kawasaki results this year have proven he knows what he's talking about, unlike yourself.
2/26/2014 12:46pm
TripleFive wrote:
MX690 wrote:
So you would prefer he lies to you and pretends its all sunshine and rainbows, I bet you think everyone deserves a trophy too. Reeds Kawasaki...
So you would prefer he lies to you and pretends its all sunshine and rainbows, I bet you think everyone deserves a trophy too. Reeds Kawasaki results this year have proven he knows what he's talking about, unlike yourself.
You're missing the point.

When Reed is slow, his comments make it sound like it is not his fault, but instead is the bikes fault; even when it's his choice regarding which bike he rides.

I think Reed is a whiner and that is the only reason why I don't like him.
Grizz
2/26/2014 12:50pm
Can you blame him? It;s human nature, not a Chad Reed specific issue Laughing
ibmeubu
2/26/2014 12:59pm
TripleFive wrote:
MX690 wrote:
So you would prefer he lies to you and pretends its all sunshine and rainbows, I bet you think everyone deserves a trophy too. Reeds Kawasaki...
TripleFive wrote:
You're missing the point. When Reed is slow, his comments make it sound like it is not his fault, but instead is the bikes fault; even...

When Reed is slow, his comments make it sound like it is not his fault, but instead is the bikes fault; even when it's his choice regarding which bike he rides.

you're not alone. he is one of the best to throw a leg over, and he's a tough guy, but he has endless excuses and it never really seems to be his fault when he struggles. he throws out his usually list of excuses and then says "there is no excuse" which is just him catching himself crying in an interview after it's too late. When you see guys like WP putting up solid finishes on bikes that are less factory than anything Reed rides it makes you wonder how much of it is the bike and how much of it is using chasing setups as an excuse.
MotoX85
2/26/2014 1:10pm
Good read. no pun intended.
Crush
2/26/2014 1:46pm
TripleFive wrote:
You're missing the point. When Reed is slow, his comments make it sound like it is not his fault, but instead is the bikes fault; even...

When Reed is slow.

Reed has never been slow.
Rogue_10
2/26/2014 1:46pm
MX690 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:

ibmeubu wrote:
you're not alone. he is one of the best to throw a leg over, and he's a tough guy, but he has endless excuses and it...
you're not alone. he is one of the best to throw a leg over, and he's a tough guy, but he has endless excuses and it never really seems to be his fault when he struggles. he throws out his usually list of excuses and then says "there is no excuse" which is just him catching himself crying in an interview after it's too late. When you see guys like WP putting up solid finishes on bikes that are less factory than anything Reed rides it makes you wonder how much of it is the bike and how much of it is using chasing setups as an excuse.
I seem to remember most of last years supercross him saying that he needs get better and just turn the throttle more and hearing him complain just as much if not more about himself than he did the bike.. Don't really know about the motocross season but supercross at least
2/26/2014 1:54pm
ibmeubu wrote:
you're not alone. he is one of the best to throw a leg over, and he's a tough guy, but he has endless excuses and it...
No disrespect to WP but it's the tiny bits that means 3rd or 1st. If stuff does not click and sparks like the rider wants he can't squeeze out a 1st. Atleast on the kawi he could make things connect and turn the way he wanted to, resulting in wins.

On that level of competition the smallest details messes with the mental game.

And the whiner busted his nuts to build his own team, with success, and race at the same time. You may think he's a whiner, well i think you're a complete dick.
2/26/2014 1:56pm
Crush wrote:
When Reed is slow.

Reed has never been slow.
I bet he disagrees with you.

Post a reply to: Reed's Kawasaki decision

The Latest