Reed seemed too casual

3/22/2011 10:46am
His corner speed didn't look that good to me this week, nothing like Atlanta where he was basically going wherever he wanted. Chad is very sensitive to bike set up and reading between the lines - just lately he's been struggling to find the feeling he wants from the bike. Trey was also hauling.
glattime
Fantasy
2407th
3/22/2011 11:06am
His corner speed didn't look that good to me this week, nothing like Atlanta where he was basically going wherever he wanted. Chad is very sensitive...
His corner speed didn't look that good to me this week, nothing like Atlanta where he was basically going wherever he wanted. Chad is very sensitive to bike set up and reading between the lines - just lately he's been struggling to find the feeling he wants from the bike. Trey was also hauling.
No need to read between the lines, he has been posting about how the practice bike feels better than his race bike on twitter.
spd721
3/22/2011 11:14am
Its funny that people bitched when he went after it at Atlanta with James, now they are bitching because he is settled for second at Jacksonville.

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
3/22/2011 11:18am
He made up 22 points in the championship. If he went for it and it went bad, he might have made up 0. Wise move.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/22/2011 11:31am
The short answer? He still wasn't feeling 100 percent. But he also was thinking about the title chase.

I'll have something up for you in a bit where you can listen to him for yourself.
stillwelding
3/22/2011 11:46am
GuyB wrote:
The short answer? He still wasn't feeling 100 percent. But he also was thinking about the title chase. I'll have something up for you in a...
The short answer? He still wasn't feeling 100 percent. But he also was thinking about the title chase.

I'll have something up for you in a bit where you can listen to him for yourself.
Up in a little bit? Starting to smell like newspaper print around here. TongueWink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/22/2011 11:49am
Ow. I've got two fights on my hands today. Fighting off a(nother) cold or something. And also fighting a technical glitch. (I won.)
peelout
3/22/2011 11:49am
he looked pumped to "settle" for 2nd and make up 22 points on villopoto, but that's just me
3/22/2011 12:07pm
Reed knows how to win Championships, getting a second when not feeling to well and taking 22 pts on the leader?

Not too bad, I'd say.

Remember this is a new team, they don't have settings for every race like the factory teams do.
RandyS
3/22/2011 12:32pm
Reed is now 100% in control of the championship(as is RV). I don't think he's real worried about not making the pass stick.
mxb2
3/22/2011 1:28pm
Thats not his first race, Reed knows what he is doing!
VoR
3/22/2011 2:33pm
Not sure what snack you went to go eat during the main, but Reed had some incredible cornering speed. There was one corner (maybe b4 the whoops) that he cut short and just shot out of the corner making up 2-3 bike lengths on Canard.
3/22/2011 2:35pm
Reed rides a little heavier than Canard. He is a thicker guy and weighs a little more than some of these pip squeeks. It's hard to keep up corner to corner with somebody lighter and on a better bike?
OSJ
3/22/2011 2:42pm
think of what will be said if he pulls the championship off on the 1st year of his team????? especially from all the guys that said he would not even be in the top 5?
i am a huge fan of MC, but he is eating his word right now!
3/22/2011 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2011 2:44pm
If Honda isn't giving Reed all the info, help and parts that he wants after last weekend then there is more to the story.
cason402
3/22/2011 2:50pm
i find it interesting that when someone is out rode the conversation is about the loser, not riding hard enough, or as this "seemed to casual"....

maybe you're focusing on the wrong one. I don't have the lap times, but seemed to me that once he caught and passed Trey, Trey decided to turn it up a notch and that blazing speed that Reed had to catch him, wasn't enough to match Trey's surge.
MX45
3/22/2011 3:43pm
Does Reed have a "must win clause" in his contracts? I thought I remember hearing that he had to win 2 races this sx season to get paid. Kind of like his Loyds of London deal in the '09 outdoors.
spd721
3/22/2011 4:23pm
MX45 wrote:
Does Reed have a "must win clause" in his contracts? I thought I remember hearing that he had to win 2 races this sx season to...
Does Reed have a "must win clause" in his contracts? I thought I remember hearing that he had to win 2 races this sx season to get paid. Kind of like his Loyds of London deal in the '09 outdoors.
He has to win 3 races to get his win bonus.
toroP
3/22/2011 10:30pm
cason402 wrote:
i find it interesting that when someone is out rode the conversation is about the loser, not riding hard enough, or as this "seemed to casual"...
i find it interesting that when someone is out rode the conversation is about the loser, not riding hard enough, or as this "seemed to casual"....

maybe you're focusing on the wrong one. I don't have the lap times, but seemed to me that once he caught and passed Trey, Trey decided to turn it up a notch and that blazing speed that Reed had to catch him, wasn't enough to match Trey's surge.
Yes, clearly you don't have the lap times. Trey's real surge was the first half of the race. The 2nd half, Reed was slow on laps 15 and 19, but was faster on laps 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20. Reed was faster at the end of the race, but wasn't up for a fight. Check out GuyB's interview.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
3/22/2011 10:43pm
He seems more relaxed than before.

I just finished watching some highlights from 2009 and in interviews he seemed much more stressed with the points and championship than he does this year.

I also read something interesting from the Real Madrid coach, Jose Morino, about the psychological aspect of pursuing a championship at the top level. He basically explained the difference between teams that have illusions of winning, and those who are obsessed with winning. Those that are obsessed, thinking they HAVE to win, play to not loose and usually play at or below their potential. Those who aspire to win play like they have little to loose and are much looser. They tend to play at or above their potential. This coming from a coach who never played soccer but has coached two relatively unknown or certainly underdog teams to winning the biggest championship in the world for club teams.

My point - Reed seems to be riding loose and have illusions of winning the championship but isn't obsessed with the idea like Stewart or Dungey. For them its either the championship or nothing, and Reed and Canard seem to be able to capitalize.

With all the other factors involved, take this with a grain of salt but I really think psychologically Reed has never been stronger.
3/22/2011 11:41pm
MX45 wrote:
Does Reed have a "must win clause" in his contracts? I thought I remember hearing that he had to win 2 races this sx season to...
spd721 wrote:
He has to win 3 races to get his win bonus.
Who is providing his win bonus? AND, is his championship bonus worth more than his win bonus?

Do you think we can find Chad's contract on wikilinks? lol
Dropbear
3/22/2011 11:45pm
Reed's done it all before. That's why the casual but still serious approach I think.

He's having a bit of fun now, every year is a bonus. He's still making money and having a punt while he's at it..
the_wood109
3/22/2011 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2011 11:46pm
GuyB wrote:
The short answer? He still wasn't feeling 100 percent. But he also was thinking about the title chase. I'll have something up for you in a...

Allow me to read between the lines (politely.) I heard a slight admission from Reedy that his move in Atlanta might not have been the smartest thing to do.

As always, good play with the chatter box. It always seems to get riders a bit more insightful than the podium speeches.
Hank_Thrill
3/22/2011 11:48pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
He seems more relaxed than before. I just finished watching some highlights from 2009 and in interviews he seemed much more stressed with the points and...

I just finished watching some highlights from 2009 and in interviews he seemed much more stressed with the points and championship than he does this year.

I also read something interesting from the Real Madrid coach, Jose Morino, about the psychological aspect of pursuing a championship at the top level. He basically explained the difference between teams that have illusions of winning, and those who are obsessed with winning. Those that are obsessed, thinking they HAVE to win, play to not loose and usually play at or below their potential. Those who aspire to win play like they have little to loose and are much looser. They tend to play at or above their potential. This coming from a coach who never played soccer but has coached two relatively unknown or certainly underdog teams to winning the biggest championship in the world for club teams.

My point - Reed seems to be riding loose and have illusions of winning the championship but isn't obsessed with the idea like Stewart or Dungey. For them its either the championship or nothing, and Reed and Canard seem to be able to capitalize.

With all the other factors involved, take this with a grain of salt but I really think psychologically Reed has never been stronger.
Damn, dude, that's awesome!

Got a link?
3/23/2011 12:02am
TriRacer27 wrote:
He seems more relaxed than before. I just finished watching some highlights from 2009 and in interviews he seemed much more stressed with the points and...

Good stuff, I get.

Understanding attitudes is understanding racing.

No too many people get that around here.

Chad wants to show he's ben-dair-done-dat, RV wants to show everyone that he deserves that, and TC wants to show everything he's GOT-That. James is trying to convince himself that he IS-THAT.

RD on the other hand has RD who knows how to get that without being 'that' (ala RC).....................

Post a reply to: Reed seemed too casual

The Latest