Reed rips on the Nationals

legswag
Basically said they are not putting money back "in to it" but someone is getting rich. Said they are putting too much wood chips into the track. Comets come from a recent interview by Mathis from Mantova
|
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/30/2016 8:20pm
Comets on the track, o shit they've gone too far.

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/30/2016 8:46pm
The guy has made millions racing on U.S. Soil and now that he is old and needs to retire he bashes the series. Believe me Chad, for someone who has made as much money as you have in a sport that is virtually unknown to the general public you should STFU about "someone" getting rich. Not sure if you have noticed but the major networks are not scrambling to pick up a sport that does not translate well to the TV audience. TV is where the money comes from and not gate receipts.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
6/30/2016 8:53pm
legswag wrote:
Basically said they are not putting money back "in to it" but someone is getting rich. Said they are putting too much wood chips into the...
Basically said they are not putting money back "in to it" but someone is getting rich. Said they are putting too much wood chips into the track. Comets come from a recent interview by Mathis from Mantova
i think these coments basically come from the fact that all the nationals are relatively prepped the same.

all are plowed deep(giggity) and have rice hulls and wood chips added to keep water down, and grooming is done before races and between motos

where as the GP's you have tracks that are sandy, hardpacked and loamy. they are hitting all soils and the tracks receive little maintenance over the weekend with more classes running on them.

the gps also have nicer pits,

but they have no purse for riders

ama has a purse but its been the same since 2003 something like 60k which was ok 15 years ago but over time it should've grown so maybe this is part of what he alludes to
hillbilly
6/30/2016 9:02pm
About all the riders can wbip it,scrub it,wheel tap it and huck it but just a few can put a lap together,choose lines and ride ruts.

The reason a track get one deep line is because they all but a few follow the guy in front of them.

APLMAN99
6/30/2016 9:09pm
I'd imagine that Reed would realize that business endeavors look easier to be successful at than they really are........
oshow
6/30/2016 9:23pm
legswag wrote:
Basically said they are not putting money back "in to it" but someone is getting rich. Said they are putting too much wood chips into the...
No money from tv dumbass. Not for this little sport
6/30/2016 9:23pm
legswag wrote:
Naah bro, in a world where pretty much everyone and their mother wished that our riders could get paid BETTER then they are, YOU need to stfu and crawl back under your rock.
The man has a point about track prep, and when was the last time everybody was happy with any series?
oshow
6/30/2016 9:24pm
legswag wrote:
And REEDY ain't no follower.

6/30/2016 9:37pm
Reed is only talking of the outdoor series,
I doubt many have made a living from the outdoors.
Yes the free coverage dors not compare to the pay per view MXGP.
The tracks nowdays are not real outdoor tracks, they are groomed and atificial with supercross features.
The bikes sound crap and most slide around the track like a slot car.

Real motocross has disappeared from all around the world, sadly.
mxjon454
6/30/2016 9:40pm
legswag wrote:
This right here. I read that DV said a lot of the current pros dont know how to ride rough tracks because of how theyre always riding good prepped tracks. He mentioned how him and other top pros back in the day rode tracks that hadnt been prepped in weeks, possibly months. It makes a lot of sense
mxjon454
6/30/2016 9:43pm
legswag wrote:
Alessi is probably making more money by racing in canada and motoconcepts were only commited to racing SX this year. Weimer had to get some hardware removed from his arm from his crash with canard last year, and i dont think he had a ride lined up.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/30/2016 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2016 9:46pm
legswag wrote:
Naah bro, in a world where pretty much everyone and their mother wished that our riders could get paid BETTER then they are, YOU need to...
Naah bro, in a world where pretty much everyone and their mother wished that our riders could get paid BETTER then they are, YOU need to stfu and crawl back under your rock.
The man has a point about track prep, and when was the last time everybody was happy with any series?
Not everyone. I think they make plenty considering they are competing in a sport that is a fraction of the gate/television of other sports. So STFU bro.

BTW I don't live under a rock, I live at the beach. Ignorant hillbillies like yourself will always say pay them more money but you have no clue on where that money will come from. The promoters have given them 2 series to make a good living....if they think they can do better elsewhere then leave
legswag
6/30/2016 9:49pm
legswag wrote:
Naah bro, in a world where pretty much everyone and their mother wished that our riders could get paid BETTER then they are, YOU need to...
KennyT wrote:
Not everyone. I think they make plenty considering they are competing in a sport that is a fraction of the gate/television of other sports. So STFU...
Not everyone. I think they make plenty considering they are competing in a sport that is a fraction of the gate/television of other sports. So STFU bro.

BTW I don't live under a rock, I live at the beach. Ignorant hillbillies like yourself will always say pay them more money but you have no clue on where that money will come from. The promoters have given them 2 series to make a good living....if they think they can do better elsewhere then leave
Amazing after all these years riders are unable to attract a big sponsor for themselves.
hillbilly
6/30/2016 9:52pm
legswag wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
This right here. I read that DV said a lot of the current pros dont know how to ride rough tracks because of how theyre always...
This right here. I read that DV said a lot of the current pros dont know how to ride rough tracks because of how theyre always riding good prepped tracks. He mentioned how him and other top pros back in the day rode tracks that hadnt been prepped in weeks, possibly months. It makes a lot of sense
When getting ready for Lorettas I'd take my front loader and go all the way around my track sticking the bucket in ,driving forward a few feet ,pick it up ,dump it just past the hole then repeat.

It was square edge one direction and like whoops the other.

I also set my shock valving to come in at about 15 minutes. If it is plush to start with it will be to soft once the shock gets screaming hot. So I'd sacrifice the beginning of the moto a bit with a stiffer setup to have it good for the last half.

I'm sure stuff is much better now than 13 yrs ago but that is what worked for me.
6/30/2016 10:46pm
legswag wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Not everyone. I think they make plenty considering they are competing in a sport that is a fraction of the gate/television of other sports. So STFU...

Perfect, tell Norén and the other privateers that they make to much money.
And to just suck it up, this sport sucks anyway.
40Plus_922mx
6/30/2016 11:53pm
Everything he has said is very accurate. Everyone stop wetting your diapers.
7/1/2016 12:27am
Interesting. Reed scored 416 points from 2012 - 2015 in the nationals. He goes over to race the GP series and scores 0 points but had a lap time that was good for about 18th+ (Guess he was hurt). I wonder how Roczen feels about the tracks.

Why did Roczen, Musquin, Townley, Rattray, Tonus, Ferrandis, etc etc head to the US of A?
F.B
7/1/2016 12:50am
It's just an excuse for Reed to take shots at DC because he is bitter about the 360 fly drama from last year. Like Reed cares about washing stations and pit areas...Laughing
JQ
7/1/2016 2:06am
Interesting. Reed scored 416 points from 2012 - 2015 in the nationals. He goes over to race the GP series and scores 0 points but had...
Interesting. Reed scored 416 points from 2012 - 2015 in the nationals. He goes over to race the GP series and scores 0 points but had a lap time that was good for about 18th+ (Guess he was hurt). I wonder how Roczen feels about the tracks.

Why did Roczen, Musquin, Townley, Rattray, Tonus, Ferrandis, etc etc head to the US of A?
Not because of the National tracks
Jimfunn
7/1/2016 2:16am
legswag wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
This right here. I read that DV said a lot of the current pros dont know how to ride rough tracks because of how theyre always...
Over here (Europe) we just don't have the same facilities as the US. Our practice tracks are f**ked most of the time. We see videos of places like club MX and it looks like a wetdream! Then go and ride anywhere in Belgium and even when they've leveled it in the morning, by the time a few riders have been out it's back to a shithole...in a good way!

5-10 years ago when I was riding seriously, we would go over to Belgium quite a bit & places like Hondapark you would see the pros turning up late in the afternoon to put in motos when it's horrible!
RMZ#
7/1/2016 2:47am
KennyT wrote:

legswag wrote:
Amazing after all these years riders are unable to attract a big sponsor for themselves.
You need to remember these kids dropped out of school to be home schooled to be MX Riders not Sales Reps. These kids do not have the ability to push a product or a company.

7/1/2016 3:27am
RMZ# wrote:
You need to remember these kids dropped out of school to be home schooled to be MX Riders not Sales Reps. These kids do not have...
You need to remember these kids dropped out of school to be home schooled to be MX Riders not Sales Reps. These kids do not have the ability to push a product or a company.

True words , then they become 33 year old men - with the same skill set

mx is not like other sports

riders are so dumb it's probably better that they don't speak
MX_Andrew83
7/1/2016 3:50am
RMZ# wrote:
You need to remember these kids dropped out of school to be home schooled to be MX Riders not Sales Reps. These kids do not have...

Icespikes wrote:
True words , then they become 33 year old men - with the same skill set mx is not like other sports riders are so dumb...
True words , then they become 33 year old men - with the same skill set

mx is not like other sports

riders are so dumb it's probably better that they don't speak
lol, have you heard a modern day NFL interview? and those guys went to college...
7/1/2016 3:57am
Reed has a history of bashing a series he's not involved in via social media. As soon as i heard he wasn't doing the nationals i gave myself an imaginary 5-4-3-2-1 countdown on when the little digs would start.
I sure hope he is the man he makes out to be and has had proper discussions face to face to represent the cause he so talks about.
motomike137
7/1/2016 4:42am
KennyT wrote:
The guy has made millions racing on U.S. Soil and now that he is old and needs to retire he bashes the series. Believe me Chad...
The guy has made millions racing on U.S. Soil and now that he is old and needs to retire he bashes the series. Believe me Chad, for someone who has made as much money as you have in a sport that is virtually unknown to the general public you should STFU about "someone" getting rich. Not sure if you have noticed but the major networks are not scrambling to pick up a sport that does not translate well to the TV audience. TV is where the money comes from and not gate receipts.
bam
Crush
7/1/2016 4:59am
I'm sure many of you will just write it off as whining, but he's made these comments about the track prep in the US for years, and well before the last few where he's been below par outdoors... And he's not wrong. It's not necessary to have every damn track attempt to be Red Bud but it seems to be the aim. The GPs have different soil conditions and dust is rarely a problem.

As for making money. I don't think you can exhalt GL up on high and trash DC for making money, but there are definitely things the GPs seems to be doing that the Nationals do not... and visa versa.

Post a reply to: Reed rips on the Nationals

The Latest