Reed racing Outdoors?

mt798
3/3/2011 6:46pm
I think the sport needs every rider that is riding SX right now to ride the Outdoors Series this summer, period! We are having a phenomenal SX Series this year and I think the sport needs just as much of a phenomenal Outdoors Series to insure the health and longevity of our sport, especially Outdoors. If all the top riders like Reed, Stewart, Villopoto, Dungey, and all the others that are the top 20, top 40 decide to ride SX only it'll only work towards killing Pro Outdoor Motocross. Outdoor Motocross is number one in my heart and soul. Supercross is pretty awesome but it's not what started this whole thing. It was the true grit, blood, sweat and gears of outdoor racing that has perpetuated this sport to where it's at and without that their would have never been an indoor series. That said, it is vital that these guy's participate and keep Outdoors alive.

I think that guy's like Larry Brooks that want their rider to ride SX only to prolong their riders careers aren't thinking about the sport but are only thinking about their bank account. I think this mind set could and will kill outdoors racing on the Pro level. If I had to make a choice I'd rather see SX die instead of MX. I'd rather see some winter series come back like the Florida Winter Series or the Trans AMA Series that the top riders like Hannah and DeCoster rode to get ready for the Outdoors or the World Championship's instead of Supercross.

All in all, I would love to see Reed this summer and I hope he and everyone else get's the backing they need to ride and complete the AMA Outdoor Summer Series this year and many years after.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
3/3/2011 7:06pm
BD49 wrote:
who could he have beaten outdoors over there??
Potentially everyone. He's a former world MX runner up when he was a teenager, he knows how it works over there. No doubt he has the potential to run with the best over there. Whether he wants to or feels the need to at this stage of his career is the only thing in question.

I hope he runs outdoors aswell. But i also hope he comes back to OZ and races the entire Super X series, not sure if he wants to do both. We still need the big name here to draw the casual fan in, that's one of the things we struggled with here last year.
mt798
3/3/2011 8:04pm
BD49 wrote:
who could he have beaten outdoors over there??
haydos25 wrote:
Potentially everyone. He's a former world MX runner up when he was a teenager, he knows how it works over there. No doubt he has the...
Potentially everyone. He's a former world MX runner up when he was a teenager, he knows how it works over there. No doubt he has the potential to run with the best over there. Whether he wants to or feels the need to at this stage of his career is the only thing in question.

I hope he runs outdoors aswell. But i also hope he comes back to OZ and races the entire Super X series, not sure if he wants to do both. We still need the big name here to draw the casual fan in, that's one of the things we struggled with here last year.
I didn't even think about the OZ Supercross Series when I posted my post. Yeah, that would be good for you guy's if he was there racing it...
bents
Fantasy
909th
3/3/2011 9:03pm
If Reed runs the outdoors and I sure hope he does, he will be a threat for the championship. How can so many people continue to underestimate this guy? He doesn't hedge his bets on anything-he started his own team with his own cash, what, a month before the sx season? Knowing full well all the contenders were in it to win it. He bet on himself going outdoors, anticipating everyone but James would be racing. He is a bad motherfucker on a dirt bike, and that is the bottom line.

The Shop

mt798
3/3/2011 9:16pm
bents wrote:
If Reed runs the outdoors and I sure hope he does, he will be a threat for the championship. How can so many people continue to...
If Reed runs the outdoors and I sure hope he does, he will be a threat for the championship. How can so many people continue to underestimate this guy? He doesn't hedge his bets on anything-he started his own team with his own cash, what, a month before the sx season? Knowing full well all the contenders were in it to win it. He bet on himself going outdoors, anticipating everyone but James would be racing. He is a bad motherfucker on a dirt bike, and that is the bottom line.
Dayum, I couldn't have said that any better! Reed is a bad mofo on a dirt bike and if he runs the outdoor series I guarantee he will be a competing for the championship...
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
3/4/2011 12:42am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 12:43am
rofl. You douches freaking out over the fact that Reedy would never show up to the nationals if JS7 came back full time. He knew JS7 wasn't showing up for the nationals in 2009, and he didn't know how he stood up against RV2 at the time. Reedy could barely beat Ivan Tedeso or Andrew Short on a good day. No discredit to those guys, but just sayin. Whistling

He'll either not do the Nationals or his tummy will start hurting again halfway through the series. Go cry about that nerds
Dropbear
3/4/2011 12:58am
Dropbear wrote:
It'll never happen, but I'd like to see Reed go back to Europe and win that World Championship he missed out on back in the early...
It'll never happen, but I'd like to see Reed go back to Europe and win that World Championship he missed out on back in the early days.
ando wrote:
Now that I would love to see! That would round out his career achievements in a way would be pretty unique.
He would join JMB as the only rider to win a WC, US Outdoors and SX Championship.

Pretty good company!
burnside
3/4/2011 2:51am
mt798 wrote:
I think the sport needs every rider that is riding SX right now to ride the Outdoors Series this summer, period! We are having a phenomenal...
I think the sport needs every rider that is riding SX right now to ride the Outdoors Series this summer, period! We are having a phenomenal SX Series this year and I think the sport needs just as much of a phenomenal Outdoors Series to insure the health and longevity of our sport, especially Outdoors. If all the top riders like Reed, Stewart, Villopoto, Dungey, and all the others that are the top 20, top 40 decide to ride SX only it'll only work towards killing Pro Outdoor Motocross. Outdoor Motocross is number one in my heart and soul. Supercross is pretty awesome but it's not what started this whole thing. It was the true grit, blood, sweat and gears of outdoor racing that has perpetuated this sport to where it's at and without that their would have never been an indoor series. That said, it is vital that these guy's participate and keep Outdoors alive.

I think that guy's like Larry Brooks that want their rider to ride SX only to prolong their riders careers aren't thinking about the sport but are only thinking about their bank account. I think this mind set could and will kill outdoors racing on the Pro level. If I had to make a choice I'd rather see SX die instead of MX. I'd rather see some winter series come back like the Florida Winter Series or the Trans AMA Series that the top riders like Hannah and DeCoster rode to get ready for the Outdoors or the World Championship's instead of Supercross.

All in all, I would love to see Reed this summer and I hope he and everyone else get's the backing they need to ride and complete the AMA Outdoor Summer Series this year and many years after.
Good post. Larry even said in a podcast he liked SX only so he could spend more time with his family. I think if Stewi doesn't come out swinging outdoors, the guys will just ebb away even more at his edge. He needs to be out there battling and regulating those guys.

Post a reply to: Reed racing Outdoors?

The Latest