Reed and Thor parting ways?

EmDub425
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:07am
Matthes mentioned it on twitter.

What will he be wearing next year? Troy Lee? Scott? I don't see Fox being an option.
|
peelout719
8/18/2010 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 2:01pm
would be cool to see him go to the TLD Honda team, that or the Rockstar Suzuki team. imo.
jaeckle
8/18/2010 2:05pm
Thor needs to start over from scratch. The pants suck. The color ways are blocky, the buckles fail, etc. Pro Circuits stuff looks stale and boring.

The FOX retro gear set the bar. But even FOX can't understand it. The yellow/orange FOX HEAD retro gear from last year was the only gear I would want to buy. If it was unavailable then I would buy this years FOX retro gear from the Shug.

Why do motocross racers need to look like clown gestures when we ride? Even the nurses laugh in the emergency room when they see us.

It's not "retro". It's masculine. Two words to describe the same thing.

Only industry I know of that does not give two shits about what the customer wants.
sdfog1
8/18/2010 2:05pm
I could see Scott. They have had a long relationship with goggles and they are wanting to make everyone recognize them as a company that has "more than goggles". I know they have Stroupe and Millsaps wearing it but Reed has much more marketing power IMO.

The Shop

SCIENCE
8/18/2010 2:19pm
jaeckle wrote:
Thor needs to start over from scratch. The pants suck. The color ways are blocky, the buckles fail, etc. Pro Circuits stuff looks stale and boring...
Thor needs to start over from scratch. The pants suck. The color ways are blocky, the buckles fail, etc. Pro Circuits stuff looks stale and boring.

The FOX retro gear set the bar. But even FOX can't understand it. The yellow/orange FOX HEAD retro gear from last year was the only gear I would want to buy. If it was unavailable then I would buy this years FOX retro gear from the Shug.

Why do motocross racers need to look like clown gestures when we ride? Even the nurses laugh in the emergency room when they see us.

Only industry I know of that does not give two shits about what the customer wants.
Well said! Can't for the life of me understand why Fox tries to jam the clown suits down our throats. The retro stuff the past 2 years has been fantastic. I bet Reed ends up in Scott (head to toe) as they need a top rider to promote their new line.
jaeckle
8/18/2010 2:25pm
It's not just FOX. It's every company. They must be dumb enough to hire "graphic artists" to design the gear instead of asking the people who buy it what they want. And of course they missed all 60,000 threads about how much we all loved the retro gear the past 2 years.

Can they really be this stupid or is ther another reason. China has a blowout price on 94 color printed jerseys or something? The gear companies are clueless and don't give two shits.
Ddavis
8/18/2010 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 2:31pm
I really like the Oneal stuff from 04/05

It was really simple and clean looking, nowdays every gear company needs zaggy lines and different colors. The only "simple" gear choices are the "less-good" stuff.
Torco1
8/18/2010 2:33pm
Maybe he will be the new JT poster child?
8/18/2010 2:38pm
If you could count how many sets of racewear Reed has worn in his career with THOR, how many do you think it would be?

He came over in 2002, right? So that's like 8 years of wearing THOR racewear.

Wasn't it Matthes that said his rider got 8 sets of THOR per race?

Anyone care to take a guess?.
MX Culture
8/18/2010 2:42pm
I was told that JT is only doing casual clothing, no gear.
I'd like to see him in TLD.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/18/2010 2:54pm
jaeckle wrote:
It's not just FOX. It's every company. They must be dumb enough to hire "graphic artists" to design the gear instead of asking the people who...
It's not just FOX. It's every company. They must be dumb enough to hire "graphic artists" to design the gear instead of asking the people who buy it what they want. And of course they missed all 60,000 threads about how much we all loved the retro gear the past 2 years.

Can they really be this stupid or is ther another reason. China has a blowout price on 94 color printed jerseys or something? The gear companies are clueless and don't give two shits.
My thoughts exactly! Shit nowadays sucks, doesnt fit well, or just plain falls apart. To answer your question: Yes, than can be really this stupid. They essentially have us public by the balls because they know if we see something new were liable to buy it. There making it crappier now, so we'll have to buy new jerseys and pants especially. Stuff that we do actually like, falls on deaf or dumb ears. Hell Jeans nowadays would sufice even better.
mag23
8/18/2010 3:09pm
scott....
DANIELINS
8/18/2010 3:25pm
I would love to see retro marty smith inspired gear (metro makes some but it says metro in big letters,ugly)..i heard the guy who bought jt is the same guy who bought von dutch so expect to see every poser in that stuff...fox nailed it with the retro gear but now you cant find it... and i agree all the companies make ugly gear, no style what so ever...
8/18/2010 3:29pm
One Industries has VERY clean looking gear that is still distinctive.

thats what Fox and Thor are going for, eye catching. Problem is, they do it with garish styling that literally looks like you ate 3 boxes of crayons, those huge 4 compartment ones, and some dayglo paint, the puked out of a car going 120mph onto a jersey laying on the side of the road, and whatever pattern it makes, Hey, its style!

MelonFan123
8/18/2010 6:24pm
jaeckle wrote:
Thor needs to start over from scratch. The pants suck. The color ways are blocky, the buckles fail, etc. Pro Circuits stuff looks stale and boring...

SCIENCE wrote:
Well said! Can't for the life of me understand why Fox tries to jam the clown suits down our throats. The retro stuff the past 2...
Well said! Can't for the life of me understand why Fox tries to jam the clown suits down our throats. The retro stuff the past 2 years has been fantastic. I bet Reed ends up in Scott (head to toe) as they need a top rider to promote their new line.
i think Fox does a good job of catering to the young, fashion-forward types with the crazy prints just as well as the riders who want the clean style and aren't looking to make a huge fashion statement.

is this stuff not "retro" enough for you guys? I think it looks pretty cool. 2011 Fox 360 gear...

MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
8/18/2010 6:28pm
I want that retro fox stuff bad. The stuff they had out a few years ago was my favorite of all time. The Bradshaw, and RJ replica stuff.
Neutra
8/18/2010 6:36pm
jaeckle wrote:
It's not just FOX. It's every company. They must be dumb enough to hire "graphic artists" to design the gear instead of asking the people who...

Yaya wrote:
My thoughts exactly! Shit nowadays sucks, doesnt fit well, or just plain falls apart. To answer your question: Yes, than can be really this stupid. They...
My thoughts exactly! Shit nowadays sucks, doesnt fit well, or just plain falls apart. To answer your question: Yes, than can be really this stupid. They essentially have us public by the balls because they know if we see something new were liable to buy it. There making it crappier now, so we'll have to buy new jerseys and pants especially. Stuff that we do actually like, falls on deaf or dumb ears. Hell Jeans nowadays would sufice even better.
The problem is that at the end of each product life', gear companies look at their sales and guess what...... The best sellers are the clown sh%t.
It will take trend makers such as Fox to change direction and promote something less clustered. Burton is doing it in snowboard as they reduce their crazy prints.
837wills
8/18/2010 6:44pm
MX Culture wrote:
I was told that JT is only doing casual clothing, no gear.
I'd like to see him in TLD.
Of course you would!!!!
Wandell
8/18/2010 7:55pm
I think Fox has done a great job with their 2011 gear. They have conservative stuff and their wilder designs actually look good.
As for Reed, Scott would make the most sense.
jaeckle
8/18/2010 8:10pm
jaeckle wrote:

SCIENCE wrote:
Well said! Can't for the life of me understand why Fox tries to jam the clown suits down our throats. The retro stuff the past 2...
i think Fox does a good job of catering to the young, fashion-forward types with the crazy prints just as well as the riders who want...
i think Fox does a good job of catering to the young, fashion-forward types with the crazy prints just as well as the riders who want the clean style and aren't looking to make a huge fashion statement.

is this stuff not "retro" enough for you guys? I think it looks pretty cool. 2011 Fox 360 gear...

That shit looks lame. Sure it does not look like it was worn in a 9 hour paint ball fight but there is nothing cool about it. Give me the Moto-X Fox retro gear or give me death.

Wearing 2005 Fly gear thats still as good as new. Yet another year comes and goes with nothing to get me to spring for $500 worth of pants and jerseys.

Good job guys. You gots "big ears". rotflmao
86honda
8/18/2010 8:30pm
thread prices must have went up in Indonisia, cause the sh*t I got last month from Thor already came apart and I want my money back Thorsten Holmen.
nwmx
8/18/2010 8:56pm
does the 360 stuff have more room for knee braces i have some 10 180 fox and its a pain to get them on off without pulling knee braces out of place. might just switch to oneal for ths season..

Post a reply to: Reed and Thor parting ways?

The Latest