CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th

|
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/17/2016 4:45pm
Very cool. Still can't believe the Japanese manufacturers aren't making it standard equipment.
8/17/2016 5:41pm
Reed has had all sorts of goodies on his bike since he's been at Yamaha. This is not even close to the trickest.
DPW
8/17/2016 5:43pm
borrowed from YZ450FX parts bin, very nice

The Shop

Jmicmoto13
8/17/2016 5:44pm
Reed has had all sorts of goodies on his bike since he's been at Yamaha. This is not even close to the trickest.
Well I would sure love to see more. I love the parts and working on my bike almost as much as riding it.
mark1960
8/17/2016 6:19pm
If you ever had e, start it is the trickest thing.
It will be interesting to learn that after installing this if they can still get the bick to minimum wieght?

mx836
8/17/2016 6:20pm
DPW wrote:
Probably a cheaper conversion than installing the optional e-start on your '17 CRF450! Tongue
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/17/2016 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2016 6:36pm
DPW wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Probably a cheaper conversion than installing the optional e-start on your '17 CRF450! Tongue
Yep. Cool avi mx836!
RF145
8/17/2016 7:23pm
Some Jackass on a FB thread insisted that if you need the button, and cannot kickstart your bike, you should not ride.

I blocked him and unfriended his friend that I was FB friends with. Anyone who might be friends with a jackass like that is not someone I want to be connected with.

8/17/2016 7:33pm
can he run this for the AMA? I assume that in the MXGP they are allowed to run different parts but assumed that he cant in the AMA otherwise why haven't they been running them for a while?
wwoberg
8/17/2016 7:35pm
In the great word of vitards.......pussification of MX.
JW381
8/17/2016 7:37pm
wwoberg wrote:
The absolute worst vitard term.
JW381
8/17/2016 7:37pm
This obviously means he's switching to Honda or KTM or Husky for '17. Silly season just got sillier.
BobPA
8/17/2016 7:47pm
wwoberg wrote:
It is more like the evolution of motocross....
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/17/2016 8:43pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Very trick.
BobPA wrote:
Only 6 years late to the Austrians
Actually, 10. The 2007 450SXF had e-start.
mx836
8/17/2016 8:47pm
kzizok wrote:
Yep. Cool avi mx836!
Thanks man. Figured it's a good reminder to keep him in our thoughts.
Adam43
8/17/2016 9:11pm
RF145 wrote:
Some Jackass on a FB thread insisted that if you need the button, and cannot kickstart your bike, you should not ride. I blocked him and...
Some Jackass on a FB thread insisted that if you need the button, and cannot kickstart your bike, you should not ride.

I blocked him and unfriended his friend that I was FB friends with. Anyone who might be friends with a jackass like that is not someone I want to be connected with.

Whoa you are a badass
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/17/2016 9:18pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Very trick.
BobPA wrote:
kevin204 wrote:
My friend had a 2006 Husky 450 with E-start and no Kickstarter. I remember at the time thinking it was crazy to have that set up. All the, "what if's" we talked about. Fast forward 11 years, I don't ever want a Kickstarter... Woohoo
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/17/2016 9:21pm
BobPA wrote:
kevin204 wrote:
My friend had a 2006 Husky 450 with E-start and no Kickstarter. I remember at the time thinking it was crazy to have that set up...
My friend had a 2006 Husky 450 with E-start and no Kickstarter. I remember at the time thinking it was crazy to have that set up. All the, "what if's" we talked about. Fast forward 11 years, I don't ever want a Kickstarter... Woohoo
Same here. Once you have it, you can't live without it.
40Plus_922mx
8/17/2016 9:38pm
Just a few short years ago this would have been made fun of. But over the last ten years how many times do you remember when a rider would crash and then sit there and kick a bike to death (specifically 4-strokes) before it would fire, if it ever did, and then the rider is smoked from trying to get it lit? It is a great idea. And due time.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/17/2016 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2016 9:45pm
wwoberg wrote:
JW381 wrote:
The absolute worst vitard term.
No, the worst vitard term is vitard.

Expect JGR to also be running e-start soon. They have all the parts but one, and are awaiting those from Yamaha.
MotoX85
8/17/2016 11:26pm
kevin204 wrote:
Very cool. Still can't believe the Japanese manufacturers aren't making it standard equipment.
Because I don't want electric start. If anything, make it an option like Honda. While your at it, you can have your shitty fuel injection also. Nothing like loosing horsepower and adding $1500 worth of parts. I have another electrical issue, I still have not figured out the one I have, I'll be riding 2 strokes again.
mark1960
8/17/2016 11:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2016 11:57pm
If you have an electrical fault that you cant figure out, take it to a dealer.
Most people have no issues with the Yamaha.
This would be the same deal with a two stroke.
Yes i know the two stroke has less electrics, maybe a strider bike is better suited to you if you are affraid of electronics.
51xc
8/18/2016 1:03am
so basically he's riding a gp bike now. e-start, hydraulic clutch, reinforced swingarm...
MotoX85
8/18/2016 1:26am
mark1960 wrote:
If you have an electrical fault that you cant figure out, take it to a dealer. Most people have no issues with the Yamaha. This would...
Yes i know the two stroke has less electrics, maybe a strider bike is better suited to you if you are affraid of electronics.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been a mechanic for over 35 years, please spare me.

Have you even tried to trouble shoot a modern 4 stroke. Have you even checked how many pressure, temp and air sensors are on your throttle body, air boot, crankshaft, water temp, neutral switch. Do you know the resistance in ohms of each one. Have you even tried to change the fuel filter without replacing the entire fuel pump on a Yamaha. Do you have the Yamaha diagnostic tool to set your throttle position sensor because you cant just bolt it on an go, it has to be manipulated to a certain range or the ECU sets the spark to a zero value. Do you know what a rectifier is, let alone does. Do you know that if you get too much filter oil on the air flow sensor that is located directly under the air filter that your ECU will change the settings to compensate for a rich condition.

Think I still need to take it to a dealer. In the St Louis area, there is only one dealer that has a mechanic that has been working on bikes longer than me, I called him, he had no answer either.

2 strokes have none of the things listed above except the TPS, which on a 2 stroke is just a bolt on exchange. You do not have to set the range of it.

Now I bleed blue, been buying Yamahas since the early 70s, don't buy anything else, and almost everybody I know has never had an electrical issue either, but they exist, and when they do, its weeks of parts swapping, costing a lot of money with still no guarantee it will fix the issue.

Hows that strider bike you own doing, can I borrow it. Never know who you are talking to on-line huh, You can keep your FI, I can tune a carb just fine Strider-boy
Slosh 112
8/18/2016 3:27am
MotoX85 wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. I've been a mechanic for over 35 years, please spare me. Have you even tried to trouble...

Have you even tried to trouble shoot a modern 4 stroke. Have you even checked how many pressure, temp and air sensors are on your throttle body, air boot, crankshaft, water temp, neutral switch. Do you know the resistance in ohms of each one. Have you even tried to change the fuel filter without replacing the entire fuel pump on a Yamaha. Do you have the Yamaha diagnostic tool to set your throttle position sensor because you cant just bolt it on an go, it has to be manipulated to a certain range or the ECU sets the spark to a zero value. Do you know what a rectifier is, let alone does. Do you know that if you get too much filter oil on the air flow sensor that is located directly under the air filter that your ECU will change the settings to compensate for a rich condition.

Think I still need to take it to a dealer. In the St Louis area, there is only one dealer that has a mechanic that has been working on bikes longer than me, I called him, he had no answer either.

2 strokes have none of the things listed above except the TPS, which on a 2 stroke is just a bolt on exchange. You do not have to set the range of it.

Now I bleed blue, been buying Yamahas since the early 70s, don't buy anything else, and almost everybody I know has never had an electrical issue either, but they exist, and when they do, its weeks of parts swapping, costing a lot of money with still no guarantee it will fix the issue.

Hows that strider bike you own doing, can I borrow it. Never know who you are talking to on-line huh, You can keep your FI, I can tune a carb just fine Strider-boy
As far as what ohms those sensors run at its all in the manual. Spent aweekend testing everything on my YZ450F, turned out to be a rusted spring in the kill switch on the bars. Also I think we should be thank full that they even have fuel filters in the injection systems. Seeing more and more new cars every year that dont have a filter system, thats the way they are. After 5 years you gotta replace the whole show, injectors and all.
oceantrav
8/18/2016 5:24am
mark1960 wrote:
If you have an electrical fault that you cant figure out, take it to a dealer. Most people have no issues with the Yamaha. This would...
MotoX85 wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. I've been a mechanic for over 35 years, please spare me. Have you even tried to trouble...

You just about talked me out of my 15 450, got me all scared now.

Maybe I'll take a look at those 2017 Ktm 250sx's....
8/18/2016 5:30am
kevin204 wrote:
X2.lots of guys seem to like it
Frodad78
8/18/2016 5:31am
oceantrav wrote:
You just about talked me out of my 15 450, got me all scared now.

Maybe I'll take a look at those 2017 Ktm 250sx's....
LOL, I have a buddy who just finished a rebuild on a 2011 CRF250. He finally got it in the dirt Saturday and by the end of the ride I told him he talked me into and out of buying a fourstroke at least 8 different times through out the day! How it ran and the power, I was all about it. Then he would tell me about all the shit he had to replace, things I never would have even thought about.

Post a reply to: Reed Running E-Start

The Latest