Reed-JBS crash: Reeds fault

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:57pm
if there was fault. More of a "racing incident" than the other.
|
WhKnuckle
1/17/2010 3:41pm
Reed shadowed him for 5 laps and could have passed him a dozen times. He stayed behind Stewart with the hope he could find a way to run into him. I don't care what anyone says, that was his goal.
1/17/2010 3:42pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Reed shadowed him for 5 laps and could have passed him a dozen times. He stayed behind Stewart with the hope he could find a way...
Reed shadowed him for 5 laps and could have passed him a dozen times. He stayed behind Stewart with the hope he could find a way to run into him. I don't care what anyone says, that was his goal.
....... whatever you are smoking, pass it over!

Void Main
1/17/2010 3:43pm
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Reed could have passed the fastest man on the planet any time he wanted when he hasn't been able to do that pretty much ever? I don't buy it.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
1/17/2010 3:44pm
Typical. The helmet slap is typical also.

The Shop

race
WhKnuckle wrote:
Reed shadowed him for 5 laps and could have passed him a dozen times. He stayed behind Stewart with the hope he could find a way...
Get back on your meds.

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
I gotta lean Knuck's way on this one. Reed went inside-out to JS' line. But still more of a block attempt than a T-bone
that was racing, if Reed was at fault his only other option was to predict Millsaps to drive down and to lock the brakes up in the whoops to avoid the other 2 riders (one being James) who have to follow Millsaps's suit.
mx295
Void Main wrote:
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Reed could have passed the fastest man on the planet any time he wanted when he hasn't been able...
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Reed could have passed the fastest man on the planet any time he wanted when he hasn't been able to do that pretty much ever? I don't buy it.
x2
WhKnuckle
Void Main wrote:
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Reed could have passed the fastest man on the planet any time he wanted when he hasn't been able...
When the fastest man on the planet is riding with one working arm, Reed can easily pass him.
1/17/2010 3:45pm
If Reed took JS high in the berm, sure, it MAY have been his fault. This is nothing more than a racing incident. Too bad Reed got hurt though. I'm surprised the AMA even considered a fine at all.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/17/2010 3:45pm
I think they are both at fault. Smile
Looked to me like James went wide in the corner and Reed went lower then him and tried to square up,then James dove down and they both came together.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
1/17/2010 3:46pm
what was Reed doing behind all the previous laps. He goes for the inside on that turn, he doesn't turn until he's with Stewart. Did he really think it was going to end up nicely?
MXTR
1/17/2010 3:47pm
Stewart went wide and left the door wide open. Reed took the same line the lap before. He had nowhere to go.

And to fine Reed for that push......that was laughable! Good thing they appealed that.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
1/17/2010 3:47pm
FastEddy wrote:
I think they are both at fault. :) Looked to me like James went wide in the corner and Reed went lower then him and tried...
Looked to me like James went wide in the corner and Reed went lower then him and tried to square up,then James dove down and they both came together.
absolutely.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
1/17/2010 3:48pm
So after Reed got up and started racing again, did he finally realize that his hand or whatever was broken??
Dean
Shenzi wrote:
what was Reed doing behind all the previous laps. He goes for the inside on that turn, he doesn't turn until he's with Stewart. Did he...
what was Reed doing behind all the previous laps. He goes for the inside on that turn, he doesn't turn until he's with Stewart. Did he really think it was going to end up nicely?
yep - look at it again and tell me how Reed makes the turn if JS isn't there.

he wasn't trying to corner at all
Void Main
Shenzi wrote:
what was Reed doing behind all the previous laps. He goes for the inside on that turn, he doesn't turn until he's with Stewart. Did he...
I guess not when Stewart rides with the blinders on like he does.
1/17/2010 3:51pm
FastEddy wrote:
I think they are both at fault. :) Looked to me like James went wide in the corner and Reed went lower then him and tried...
Shenzi wrote:
absolutely.
that's literally what happened.

for fucks sake, Reed never even got up TO the berm and was turning!

I am so sick of some of you guys. You wouldnt know a deliberate take out from a racing incident if your life depended on it!

1/17/2010 3:52pm
Shenzi wrote:
Void Main wrote:
I guess not when Stewart rides with the blinders on like he does.
thats true also, look at heat 1, its the first lap, JS leaves from the MIDDLE of the first jump and lands on the far right of the landing.. anyone else on the planet would know they were in traffic, heavy traffic.
1/17/2010 3:55pm
Dean wrote:

bait much? I'll take it... you are an idiot if you even remotely think that was the case and are going to look like an idiot when the vids and pics show up... wanna retract that now or wallow in the fail of your post?
SH_105
1/17/2010 3:59pm
Ok here it is with my take on the "pass"..... Reed went in to pass James up the inside, when the 2 riders in front of Reed and James cut down Reed had no where to go thus showing us in his brake slide.... Watch it over and you will understand what Im saying, also the head push thing was a little over the top but what would one of you do if your hand was stuck underneath someones handlebars..... It doesnt feel to good believe me!!
jimmie
1/17/2010 4:02pm
Yeah I don't understand why Reed waited so long to make a pass but, the attempted pass looked like racing to me. And I know Reed can be a sneaky guy at times.
The "slap" looked pretty benign to me also.
Dang! I'm just bummed I missed this race for the first time in maybe ten years!
Excellent night of racing though.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
1/17/2010 4:04pm
SH_105 wrote:
Ok here it is with my take on the "pass"..... Reed went in to pass James up the inside, when the 2 riders in front of...
Ok here it is with my take on the "pass"..... Reed went in to pass James up the inside, when the 2 riders in front of Reed and James cut down Reed had no where to go thus showing us in his brake slide.... Watch it over and you will understand what Im saying, also the head push thing was a little over the top but what would one of you do if your hand was stuck underneath someones handlebars..... It doesnt feel to good believe me!!
I can see that. But I think he just got a little impatient (why then in that traffic?) and it ended up costing him.
EmDub425
1/17/2010 4:05pm
SH_105 wrote:
Ok here it is with my take on the "pass"..... Reed went in to pass James up the inside, when the 2 riders in front of...
pffft, you have no idea what you are talking about, you don't even race

Smile

hope to see you back soon.
TerryK
1/17/2010 4:05pm
SH_105 wrote:
x2.

There was actually room between Reed and James but James' bars caught Reed and they both went down. I don't see what the fuss was about with Reed pushing JS' head off. He was simply trying to get out from under him.
adamdf
1/17/2010 4:07pm
Lets call an organge an orange, an apple an apple. Reed was all the way on the right coming through the whoops, Stewart all the way to the left, stewart turns down, reed was going for a tight pass, there was no intentions to t-bone or take out, it was clear as day, it was a racing incident. Oh and did i say i'm a huge Bubba fan a million times yet? Well i could but that would just be annoying, i just am seeing this for what it is.
1/17/2010 4:23pm
stewart went high reed went low. Chad had no business letting stewie run into him!!! 22 should have layed there until #1 moved! BTW I am not a reed fan!
Dean
1/17/2010 4:28pm
Dean wrote:

bait much? I'll take it... you are an idiot if you even remotely think that was the case and are going to look like an idiot...
bait much? I'll take it... you are an idiot if you even remotely think that was the case and are going to look like an idiot when the vids and pics show up... wanna retract that now or wallow in the fail of your post?
don't need to wait- saw it myself
adamdf
1/17/2010 4:40pm
Wow, the more i read comments like the ones above, the more i realise people just want to see what they want to see, and it really sucks thats the way it has to be, because i'm a fan of both those guys (Bubba and Reed) and i know if Stewart was the one on the inside, all the Bubba haters would be saying exactly what the Reed haters are saying. But the truth is, it really didn't go down that way, "it just aint happenin" guys. But as i said, this thread will go on forever with this bs, to each his own.

Post a reply to: Reed-JBS crash: Reeds fault

The Latest