Reed - Canard

race
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2015 12:39am
A lot of axe grinding going on by both sides tonight.

Initial contact was just a racing incident. No, Reed did not cross lines mid-air. He was simply protecting the inside. He had no way of knowing Canard - behind him - had committed to the same line. He most likely suspected Trey might try for the inside but as the guy in front you are certainly allowed to, and expected, to protect or even block any line you choose to. Just bad luck on the timing of each riders moves.

Trey rolled the dice and came up short. Was it reckless? Depends on your racing strategy, but if you want to move forwards you have to take risks somewhere. It was a relatively low-speed / low-air obstacle.

Reed's retaliation was dumb but certainly understandable. I think that again it was just bad timing that Trey took a hand off the bars at that moment. I doubt Reed thought it would end up looking so bad.

Deserve a black flag? Depends on how you like them to race ... but the AMA was probably looking down the road and trying to send a message that they were not going to see things turn into a take-out fest. ( Although the flagger pulled the trigger fairly fast. Maybe they were already under orders to squelch any incidents? )

Bad luck for Reed that what should have been a hard bump ended up looking much worse.

Will be interested to see the interviews after both Reed and Canard have seen the video of it.

Flame away!

|
Outsider
1/18/2015 12:32am
Another thread, really?
toroP
1/18/2015 12:32am
Yes, you may get scorched a bit, due to the multitude of existing CR TC threads.
Crush
1/18/2015 12:34am
Gotta think it's pretty funny a letter was written to the FIM saying they don't like how they weren't informed or given a chance to discuss the Stewart Penalty...

But then a black flag is waved before a replay has even been shown for what might have been the lightest contact ever made in SX history.

Irony.
mmcmx
1/18/2015 12:35am
AMA is the one that screwed up more of the 3.

The Shop

race
1/18/2015 12:39am
toroP wrote:
Yes, you may get scorched a bit, due to the multitude of existing CR TC threads.
Well, I tried to show each side of it, even the AMA's.

The posts I saw were mostly over the top one way or another.

Post a reply to: Reed - Canard

The Latest